Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5x09: Live Reactions Thread

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by TGO, Feb 5, 2015.

1. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

So in reality they should have taken it a little easier and slower on their way up to Richmond. But instead they pushed themselves hard and maxed themselves out trying to reach their destination as quickly as possible.

2. steely

steely Well-Known Member

Glad you're doing good! It's ok about the promotion. ..I knew the job was dangerous when I took it!! Besides, I was told I'm getting the job and I have no choice in the matter. .. might as well get the coinciding pay... you're very sweet though. .

3. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought it was pretty quick, too. But I guess they just wanted to get the hell out of Georgia after all that had happened, and they had a goal to focus on and direct their energies toward rather than dwelling on things.

4. EvieE

EvieE Member

I think anyone who is put in charge of Judith is dead meat, that kid is a jinx

5. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

That would have seemed to be the logical thing to do given they didn't know for certain that the community would still be there. I can understand Noah not preparing as his hopes were probably the highest of anyone, but it surprises me that the rest of the group wouldn't be scavenging along the way. Obviously, though, it's just a show, and this is exactly what the writers are setting up.

6. DombrowskiX

DombrowskiX New Member

How about Rick sharing some of that blame? He was the one who ran down the third cop. He could have cut him off with the cruiser like they did to Noah. That would have been three for two exchange. Dawn would not have a bargaining chip in her corner to demand that Noah remain at the hospital.

Also, Rick decided the truck they were in be parked 2 miles from the community gate. They had to haul a bleeding Ty 2 miles to the truck. He would have died anyway but I can't help but notice these things.

7. WatWD

WatWD Member

Don't you have to create an insatiable need before you quench it? How willing are you to accept help if everything is going well versus when everything is going bad?

Don't the writers feel like they need to guide the group towards the brink before the group will accept and interact with another group again?

8. TheWalkingHorn

Can't help but like the higher pay!! I hope you get to enjoy that money some time soon. Maybe a nice vacation! :)

9. steely

steely Well-Known Member

Yeah higher pay is nice... you're right. ..I need a vacation! ! I've been looking at Jamaica for a while now.. maybe that will happen. ..

10. TheWalkingHorn

Ooh, that sounds lovely. Take me with you! :p

11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Well, he dropped his guard.

12. steely

steely Well-Known Member

Maybe an all inclusive, unlimited drinks, unlimited meals and snacks kinda thing? An in suite jacuzzi sounds nice... a little shopping and a lot of time on the beach? ?? That kinda thing?

13. TheWalkingHorn

Sign me up!

14. steely

steely Well-Known Member

We'd have to take you shopping before the trip. ..get you some cute outfits and some swim wear...

15. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's impossible to keep one's guard up 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; sooner or later a mistake or lapse in judgement or attention will be made.

16. steely

steely Well-Known Member

If I decide to go to Jamaica I'll let you know!

17. jlopez41

jlopez41 Member

He definitely did, one last time.

18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

When you know there is atleast 1 shambling dead left in the house, you do not drop your guard.

19. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

The real life experience of troops in combat enviroments show that it's impossible to maintain full alertness 24/7. Fatigue, hunger, boredom, and complacency all take their toll over time even in life threatening situations, and our intrepid band of survivors get no leave or end of tour. They're faced with a lifetime of unremitting danger from the living and the dead with no chance to recover from their PTSD.

#459 Kilroy was here, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  20. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I do not think if they know a taliban, armed and ready to kill is behind a door...that they will start looking at photos in the vicinity and be suprised when said talibans comes out somehow or that another one drops by to show. Ty was naive in this situation.