Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

6:30

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It is daylight out at 6:30 a.m. when Michonne gets out of bed.

If you look at seasonal sunrise times for Alexandria Virginia, that means it either has to be between early March and late October. It can't be winter, as we thought. Based on the timeline of the show, late October could still make sense. But it would be a stretch to say March. ;)

Or maybe an unpaid intern just set the clock.

2. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

At 6:30 this morning it was dark in the area of Virginia in which I reside. I am about 40 miles southwest of Alexandria, so March is out.

3. Neuropyramidal

That's true, the site I looked at for sunrise calculation, didn't factor in daylight savings time. If we hadn't set our clocks ahead recently, it would be rising before 6:30 for you. So, if they are still adjusting their clocks for daylight savings time, then it would be even later in the year before it would be light at 6:30. But if we assume they are not bothering to do that, then it could be early to mid March.

4. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I'm going to go ahead and guess that they are not changing clocks for Daylight Savings time anymore.

5. Screaminleeman

Yesterday, it was 21 degrees at 6:30AM and dark leaving my home in Westminster for work. Westminster is 72 miles from Alexandria and more like 50 miles as the crow flies. While there are plenty of numb nut kids around here than wear "shorts" in the winter like Enid is wearing, bare arms blouses, t-shirts and shorts are not 100% out of the question, I see other reasons to clearly assume that this is fall. There are NO LEAVES on tree's in the Baltimore metro area at this time.

1. As Carl and Enid are running through the woods, we see whole dried leaves on the ground and no obvious signs of either Foliage, or new budding on the fauna. This should almost entirely rule out mid April when 6:30 AM will be light around here.
    2. The fact that every fallen leaf on the ground is brown, but not largely decomposed to the point of black or at least reduced to small brown broken pieces of the leaves if it were a dry winter. These leaves have been roughly fallen for 1 month. I would give my best estimate as late November or early December.

6. Neuropyramidal

My estimate was has always been December as well, although the daylight at 6:30 would now rule that out, if it is meant to be accurate. If its just a mistake, and not meant to be an accurate timing of daylight for the show, then it can still be December.

7. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Or maybe they lost track of the time so they made up a new time system to keep everyone in sync. Perhaps there is now an Alexandria Standard Time (AST).

8. Ricktatorship80

If I remember correctly, it was daylight at 630 in Alexandria back when I was stationed at Ft Myer, VA. Which is basically Alexandria. I remember it being daylight during those morning runs through DC & Alexandria, at certain times of the year.

9. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was a part in this episode where we could see Michonne's breath in the cold air. I'm not saying that has any bearing on the story, but I could swear I had seen it at one point.

10. Neuropyramidal

Last episode we could see the breath of the wall construction workers.

11. SStark

SStark Active Member

When Joe and the claimers ambushed Rick, Carl, and Michonne, didn't Joe say something about "turning in early on New Years Eve?". Now obviously they probably could just be guessing as well, but given the time frame, late-February/early-March would make sense if that holds up.

12. Judiths_Nanny

Judiths_Nanny New Member

On Talking Dead, Chandler Riggs said when they were filming the scene of Carl and Enid in the tree it was Halloween. He said the crew had on their Halloween costumes.

13. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

That fits with the comics. Also the trees arent budding, if it was March the trees would be budding.

14. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, March would be a huge stretch. My original thought was late December, but now that we've seen the 6:30 clock, I think its late October.

15. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

I always thought he was making a joke by using that old saying. I'm guessing he wouldn't really know what specific day of the week, or year it would be.

16. Neuropyramidal

lol, Joe was just making a joke. He was calling it 'New Year's Eve' because he was going to have so much fun killing Rick, Michonne, and Carl. So much fun, that it was like a holiday.

17. thewalkingmummy

On a related note, I seem to recall at some stage they showed a Y2K book sitting on a chair. Does this mean the show is based in the late 90's?

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

No, that was just a romance novel. Y2K =yolo2k = You only live once, to Kiss.

19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That would fit. I noticed in the scene in the woods with Michonne and Rosita that you could see their breath so it's cooler out.