Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[602]- JSS- Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 602 - JSS' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I thought the Enid scene was supposed to be at the beginning of the ZA, and Enid was wandering around for a year on her own before finding Alexandria.

Spencer was VERY disappointing. How unmanly can you be? He doesn't even mind wimping out right in front of Maggie and his mother?

2. Morgotha

From Carol's perspective though I think there were too many of them to worry about prisoners at the time. If they were down to the last one she might have saved one, but at the time she couldn't take the chance on him being freed and killing more of the Alexandria residents.

3. Morgotha

I think the Wolf realized the tide had turned and it was time to leave or die there. They can always come back. Probably not as successfully though. This was the Wolves best chance. They did kill a lot of people though.

4. Morgotha

LOL, a serious smoker quitting because of stale cigarettes? I've seem smokers smoking through their tracheostomies. I've been on a camping trip and seen a friend trying to smoke pine needles wrapped in aluminum foil when they ran out of cigarettes. Only a rainy day smoker would give up because of stale smokes.

But I agree with you about Carol's attitude. The woman should have told her to mind her own business.

5. Morgotha

Hated the psychiatrist. If she was a medical student, fine. But one of the things that should be beaten in to a doctor's head is to do your job. She wasn't willing to do her job. What's the worst that can happen if she operated? The patient might die. If she doesn't operate? The patient will die. There's no reason for her to stand there like a lump. Tara should have slapped her.

Hated Morgan. Still do.

6. calliope

calliope Active Member

According to the actress playing Enid on TTD, it was a week or so that Enid was on her own. If she's been in Alexandria for 8 months, that leaves a year roughly that she was with her family after the ZA started. They didn't come across as particularly experienced in the flashback, so maybe they had been holed up somewhere.

7. Morgotha

Yeah, I don't really get that time logic. Their car looked new, the father was debating which fuse to pull... those seem like current actions, not "I've been in the ZA for a year and a half" actions. And where were they going?

8. calliope

calliope Active Member

LOL! Idk, smokers will go to great lengths for a smoke.

I'm not sure Carol was contemplating smoking, I think she was feeling badly for zinging Mrs Neudemeyer about being a smoker. It was a safe attack for 'housewife' Carol to make, but she got her digs in all the same. It was a little mean and now the woman is dead. We've never seen her object to Daryl's smoking and he must hold the smoking record in the ZA!

9. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Betcha your eating your words now huh? lol Its like you were psychic and predicted the outcome!

10. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

The wolves are on some really bad home-made drugs- bath salts maybe?

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

No, she's still right. There was nowhere near enough Death Carol Pokemon Rambol action. Needed more.

12. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

And most of their victims were unarmed afterwards. And unlegged too. (too soon?)

13. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

Well **** me, we get rid of wet Wednesday Tyreese and a thinner version takes his role in Morgan. With Tyreese it was annoying but slightly believable, but with Morgan it is downright ridiculous. I mean the guy has survived the whole ZA so far and most of it on his own, lost his wife and son and yet cant bring himself to kill someone who is hacking his friends/camp mates to bits. Oh and that bloody broom handle, I'd love to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

What an absolute waste of a character, Morgan has been a total enigma and introducing him for a fully fleshed storyline and being a regular should have been a huge thing. Instead he is a complete annoyance and at the moment a downside to the show not a coup as his character should have been. It really is Tyreese all over again, when all the comic book fans were stoked for bad ass Tyreese and we got the whimper we got.

I liked the Enid bit actually, though I would have preferred her to have wrote survive on everything, makes much more sense than JSS. She could be an interesting character in the future but they really need to get her to open up to Carl sooner than later or her aloof act will get old very fast.

I think the new doctor thing was supposed to be a slight bit of light-heartedness, which is sometimes needed and would have been perfect for the first ep where it wasn't so action packed, her lack of self belief was just a bit annoying in the middle of what was happening in the ep.

Deanna's face continues to frighten me more than any walkers ever could, it looks like she is mid acid peel facial.

Spencer, why oh why cant we have a hot guy who isn't totally useless, still I very much enjoy every second he is on screen.

Rosita and Eugene remain completely pointless and written into each ep in such odd ways, especially Eugene.

I love Carol but her saving the day is becoming more predictable than Daryl doing it. Still at least she pulls it off with conviction.

It was an action packed ep, which is a relief after the first ep of mind-numbing flashbacks, but still had some flaws and I really hope this Mr Moral Morgan storyline ends right now.

#73 Sammy01, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  14. sam12six

sam12six Member

I guess having the kid stand in the corner with a lampshade on his head would technically be a worse choice - not by much, though. I would just think that a woman whose hobby is welding together big sculptures out of scrap metal would have been able to find some way to make the closet a little more secure.

I know people will think, "But, but the porch dick would react badly to her building a panic room.", but I think he'd be every bit as mad about ANY place she prepared for the kid to hide from him so she might as well make it a secure place...

15. rustybag

rustybag Member

Anyone else finding the Alexandria crew to be way over- the -top naive and helpless? Even Woodbury had a select crew who did the fighting and dirty work, and who knew how to use weapons. In "Fear the Waking Dead" we've seen how quickly a person's fight-flight instincts kick in, even at the start of this, when they didn't fully know what's going on yet. Yet here, a couple of years into this, with certain members going out on runs and with the types of people we've seen out there, it's just hard to believe these people are that helpless & naive. lollygagging around, smoking cigarettes & drinking & eating chocolate they dug up from who knows where. You would think they would have had some experience killing walkers & dealing with the dregs of society. I don't know, maybe it's supposed to highlight how bad ass the Rick & Co crew is, but it's just ​hard to believe these people survived as long as they have with basically no skills.

#75 rustybag, Oct 19, 2015
  16. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

that cave filled of zombies saved ASF people, as Rick stated in ep.1

17. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

Agree a smoking would smoke them no matter how stale. And I don't think Carol cares whether Mrs. Pasta smokes , Carol was just being a *itch back to her.

18. mistymage

mistymage Member

I guess since I only smoke a pack to a pack and half a day and have smoked since I was 9 (30 some years) I'm just a rainy day smoker.

But even I won't smoke a dried out cigarette ... simply because there is no taste and not much nicotine left after the oils evaporate. It would be like using 2 year old spices in food.

I'm looking forward to next week when we will see if the mega herd makes it to ASZ. It didn't seem like the horn was honking for long enough to keep the herd headed in the right direction. Maybe once it was shut off Sasha started honking her car horn and pulled the walkers back to the road.

19. rustybag

rustybag Member

There were still random zombies wandering the woods, as we saw when Enid was on her own, and how her parents died. We saw them all around Alexandria last season too. And it doesn't explain how they managed to avoid all of the "bad guys" we've seen out there. You'd think they'd have some survival skills at this point.

#79 rustybag, Oct 19, 2015
  20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

An odd dynamic has been written for doctors.

When Beth was at that hospital we learned that the first doc wanted the second doc dead because he was a threat to the first doctor's value. Made no sense to me then. You can't have too many doctors. Two doctors help the survivors and they also help each other. They can assist each other in procedures and they can bounce ideas off of each other for how to finesse things without proper supplies.

Here we are being told the same thing. The "family practice" doctor doesn't want another doctor around. Maybe because he didn't want a psychiatrist to interfere with his drinking and wife beating, but that's all I can come up with. It's the norm for doctors to work side by side in medical practices.

It's true, Denise needed to work on Holly. She knows she is all they have now, and she needs the practical experience. Almost calming to know she is working on someone who has almost no survival chance anyway.

Compare to Carol thinking ahead and putting herself through grim dissections on zombie corpses so she will possibly be prepared to help Lori if anything goes wrong during Judith's delivery.