Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[602]- JSS- Rate The Damn Episode!!

Discussion in 'Episode 602 - JSS' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 17, 2015.

?

Rate The Damn Thing!

1. 10

56 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. 9

28 vote(s)
    26.2%
  3. 8

12 vote(s)
    11.2%
  4. 7

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. At least its better than Z Nation

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

10 for me. Well done, great suspense, and allowed other characters to tell the story. It's a strong cast. Gabriel finally grew a pair.

2. sam12six

sam12six Member

I voted that it was at least better than z Nation, but only because I liked the sound of that choice. I'd really give the episode somewhere just above a 9 (which equals approximately 37 if the last couple of seasons are used as the benchmark).

3. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

10. incredible episode one of my favorites of the show

4. Leeann

Leeann Member

Better than the premiere. Great pacing and enough going on to keep you on the edge of your seat. Probably in my top 10 as far as this show goes. Now this definately felt like a premiere episode. And the crazy thing is that the main cast wasn't in it. I LOVED that. It shows that they can make fantastic episodes without their main characters. I'll give it a 9 out of 10 for me.

5. JFAN

JFAN Member

First 10 I have given in awhile. Rates as one of the best of all seasons to me.

6. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

She gave a damn fine performance this week but it is in no way 'emmy worthy'. Her work in The Grove was far more impressive and a much better example of Melissa's talent. It's one of the few things I am pleased about with Gimple as showrunner, he gives her the material that she deserves and will always allow her to stretch her legs to push herself that little bit more.

One thing I will say is how well Melissa took the costume alone to her advantage, her eyes alone displayed far more emotion this week than Norman Reedus has in five seasons of the show.

#26 TGO, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  7. Rust

Rust Member

Strong 9. Way better than the first episode. The show got back to doing what it does best.

8. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

A solid 9/10.

9. sheryden

sheryden Member

I gave it a 10 on the poll. I had a couple of minor quibbles but not enough to relegate it to a 9. Carol absolutely stole the episode. Spencer was pretty. He needs to man up soon, but he was pretty enough that I'll give him a pass this time. I love Denise. Aaron's reaction to finding the pictures was heartbreaking. Glad to finally get some backstory on Enid.

10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I give it a 9.5. They lulled you into thinking it was going to be one of those slower episodes, with probably the payoff not being until the very end. Then you have Carol looking out the window and seeing Mrs. Niedermeyer being hacked up.

Carol and Morgan were great in this episode. Liked the scene too where the "leader" of Alexandria had to stay out by the truck to be safe and was protected there by her son, who was too afraid to go back in.

My only complaint is that the Wolves are robbing everyone and destroying communities, but they have no guns? I'm letting it go because otherwise I really enjoyed the episode, but that's not very believable.

11. walkon

walkon Active Member

I give this a 20 out of 10. . I was at the edge of my chair every minute. Even though Melissa's work in The Grove showcased her talent more (and talented she is!) this episode has moved up to my all time favorite. Carol had the choice to be a victim or a victor and she stepped up to the plate and made a courageous choice. She a darn sight more than just fluff. Dang, I love that woman. She can cook, clean, take care of others, and be trusted to defend the fort when the menfolk are away. I have only one question. . Carol, will you marry me. . :Grin:

12. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Mmmm... tough one. I'll give it a 7. The pacing was excellent and there was a lot of action. A lot of "lesser" characters also got a chance to shine a little.

However, the Wolves (?) were kind of generic "boogeymen." I guess they were raiding for weapons and loot. But honestly, it just seemed like they wanted to wantonly kill more than anything else. I mean individual Wolves were risking their lives to try to kill individual Alexandrians for no apparent reason. I didn't see any real planning, group work or frankly much intelligence in their raid. Great, they killed A LOT of unarmed women. Why? They could have taken hostages or tried to interrogate some townspeople for supply house locations. They mostly snarled and hacked limbs with utmost glee.

13. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Okay I just posted on last weeks thread sigh. Basically I think it was okay 6/7 but I found it to be filler while we get excited for the mega hoarde

14. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I gave it a 10. Enjoyed it much more than the premiere which I watched again and still struggled to stay interested. Episodes like this are the reason I watch TWD.

15. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I give it a 9, though I'd prefer decimal options b/c then it would be a 9.7. (Carol, you're a brilliant tactician--so why not take a prisoner?) Loved the character development; posted about it at length in P&P. I could spend 50 minutes watching Melissa read the phone book. I thought it was a powerful twist that she was alerted to the Wolves' presence by the (very gruesome) death of someone she disliked, but she both held and was forced to silence someone who seemed to have a glimmer of "edge" to her (Erin, who clearly enjoyed Carol's victory in the Passive-Aggressive Homemaker Snark-Off).

16. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

As I watched I said "Holy Shit" out loud.

That attack came out of nowhere.

17. Swandog

Swandog New Member

10 for me. I could feel my resting plus rate was up 20 beats for the hour.

Carole at her finest and at odds with Morgan's unrealistic philosophy.
    Maggie looking sexy; heck, all the girls!
    Jessie's first kill.
    CARL, ​ get a haircut.

18. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

IKR?!?! PLEASE! Go to Jesse, she will gladly give you one since Ron doesn't want one, ugh.

19. Thrishmal

Thrishmal New Member

10, seriously amazing episode. This currently stands as one of my favorite episodes of the series right now.

20. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I gave it a solid 9. But only because of the annoying commercials.