Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[604]- Praise and Positivity Goes Here, Not Here.

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 28, 2015.

1. rustybag

rustybag Member

Anyone else notice the actor who played Eastman is the one who played the crazy clown on last season's American Horror Story? He has an edge to him, I was half expecting him to end up being a psychopath himself, but he wasn't..

2. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

He also played John Wayne Gacy in last week's AHS episode. I also thought that he was going to end up actually being the guy that killed Eastman's family and Morgan would find out and kill him in the end.

3. dcooper830

dcooper830 New Member

I really enjoyed the episode because, the entire time, I was sitting there thinking "Holy **** what's gonna happen next!!" Which, incidentally, is how I've been feeling about this show ever since the beginning of season 5!

I feel there were small weaknesses in 604... but I wont mention them here.. and they didn't detract from my enjoyment of the show :)

4. rustybag

rustybag Member

Awesome, good to know! I'm behind 2 episodes on this season's AHS & didn't know he made a return appearance, I'll be looking forward to seeing that episode :)

5. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I loved the opening/ closing of portals as metaphors for the will, heart & mind for those who have been through the traumas of the life and the ZA. The prison door was never locked, Morgan just didn't try it...Morgan slams it shut after Eastman opens it...Rick yelling to open the gate.

#25 Prufrock, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I really liked the cell not being locked too. When Morgan came back to reality a bit it must have hit him hard that he had locked himself in, it wasn't some outsider inflicting a prison on him. At this point though, I think Morgan has just exchanged one form of extremism for another, and at some point he'll have to come to terms with reality and find a middle ground -- that will be very interesting to see!

7. SLM1968

SLM1968 New Member

What a truly fantastic episode! I now understand completely why Morgan is clinging so tenaciously to his "All life is precious" zen philosophy. He went from complete madness to peace, adopting the philosophy of his mentor along the way.....but there is still something practical within him I think. And I think he understands that there is a cost to not killing, I think he's just afraid to face that understanding because he fears going back to the place he was, where here wasn't here. But I think he's beyond that point, now. He's sought out others (Rick), he knows "that's how it is these days, he knows it".

And he locked the door. As Rozita would say "that's not nothing".

8. arya101

arya101 New Member

That's so interesting because I watched TWD and Chris Hardwick said the same thing. And the funny thing is I didn't pick up on that AT ALL. I don't know, he seemed from the get go like a truly trustworthy guy, I really, really liked him. His philosophy is bs of course but he seemed like such a great character.

Now, the episode, while being a bit slower than what we've seen so far this season, has definitely been a good one. I thought it'd be boring just because I really dislike the way Morgan is right now, but all it did was just open him to us and let us see what he's all about. And I appreciate that.
    And the fact that there was no mention of Glenn kinda helps because I really don't wanna be freaking out all week. So this slower episode was actually the perfect fir for me personally.

9. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I liked it. Slower paced episodes are nice, every now and then.

10. sheryden

sheryden Member

I liked Eastman, and Tabitha was super-cute.

11. J K

J K Member

I've been in the complaints thread a bit (not happy with what they are doing with Morgan) but wanted come here and say despite that, Lennie James and John Carroll Lynch were fantastic in this episode. Not many would have been able to carry a 90 episode with just two actors and be able to keep it interesting and believable, they were great.

12. swscully

swscully Member

I too have spent most of my time in the complaints thread. Cause there's plenty to complain about. But the actors did what they could with this rubbish. James took some of the worst banter I ever heard and made it interesting. And Lynches character was far too short lived.
    On that note, back to the area where people have correct opinions of it, the complaint board. (fire these writers, Scott Gimple should never be lead writer again, hes wrote most of the episodes I hated, and Stephen Williams (director) kills franchises.)

13. the walking jet

i firmly believe james & lynch gave the best performances in the shows 6 year history in "here, not here" with lynch being my favorite by far one shot character in the shows 6 year history!!

i'm not crazy about "morgan" harboring the bat spit crazy "wolf" in alexandria either but my guess is the eventual payoff will be epic/tragic story wise..

james has absolutely maintained his TWD rock star status..

IMO he's the best actor in the remaining cast by a lot..

14. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

Yep, this was an amazing episode, I agree. Lynch did great. (He was also good in 2007's "Zodiac". He plays the main suspect, it's not a big role, but he played the creepy guy quite well lol.) Those two made that episode what it was, two lesser actors and it wouldn't have come off as well. Also, we really need to not forget to give credit to the others who made it such a great episode with their skillset, talent, ability to make a good episode a great one,

15. ravenfire

ravenfire New Member

Great arc for Morgan in this episode. I can imagine that it was wonderful for the actor. I liked Eastman. They did a good job in getting me to bond with that character so quickly.

16. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

The thing I liked the most about Lori was when she died.

17. Trinnity

Trinnity New Member

Yep, I noticed. Twisty the Clown. AHS Freakshow was the best season of that series so far.

[​IMG]

18. Kallyloo

Kallyloo Member

Just want to chime in and agree that Lennie James and John Carroll Lynch were simply brilliant. They gave the episode an intensity and profoundness that's difficult to achieve with one fresh and a seldom seen character.

I still want Morgan to have some kind of epiphany and find a balance though, even though this philosophy is the only thing keeping him together at the moment.

19. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

I really enjoyed this episode - I was curious to know how Morgan got from cray cray in his flat to a Kwai Chang Caine for the Zombie Apolcalypse.

Two class actors with excellent material.

As was pointed out in the Talking Dead they changed the pace from being like a shoot 'em up video game in the previous episodes, to being like a mood and monologue driven Harold Pinter play.

Nice edging play by TWD producers and writers to keep us all gagging to find out what Glenn's fate is too...

I can't see Morgan's pet Wolfie being brought back to civilization though - people with teeth that yellow never fare well in TV land :zombies_lol:

20. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

yeah, especially now a days in HD television. I find that more repulsive than all of the zombie gore:zombies_lol: