Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[604]- Praise and Positivity Goes Here, Not Here.

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 28, 2015.

1. UndeadImmortal2

UndeadImmortal2 New Member

Loved this episode, yet another winner. Superb writing (really, I'm very jealous of the talent on display here) and two brilliant actors. I hope this episodes gets some awards, or at least nominations.

2. the walking jet

LOLz OK, that's pretty much as creepy as a clown gets!!

i might have to check up on AHS.. i watched all of season one & thought it was really good!!

#42 the walking jet, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  3. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

I also spent some time in the complaints section...

:hatchet:

and had to come over here to atone for that sin and give the ep the love it deserves...

This episode was amazing. My only complaint was that Eastman dies... thats getting a little predictable, dont you think? I think a lot of people missed a few things about this. Morgan isnt really all zen now, he's just about holding onto sanity here. I also suspect Eastman was too. I dont think they were/are really at peace about anything, I think its all about holding onto sanity. I think they set this up very very well. The writing and delivery is amazing. Maybe its too subtle for some but I think thats what makes it so special. Its not as simple as the wolf getting out and killing a sz member and Morgan seeing the error of his ways. I dont know about anyone else, but in the last scene with Morgan and the Wolf, it looks like Morgan is really struggling with his own ethos/code. Morgan is just holding onto his sanity. Very clever how they did this.

4. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

It amazes me that so many people have reacted so negatively to this episode. I totally get the there are some huge unresolved cliffhangers right now, but I never thought that we were going to get an immediate resolution of these situations. It seems like a lot of people were expecting to tune in and find out Glenn's fate within the first minute of the episode. That wouldn't have been good storytelling in my opinion. Building suspense is important.

I thought this was a great episode. I've been waiting for Morgan to return for basically the whole series. He was in the first episode, and it initially seemed like he was going to be a central part of the story to come. I assumed that he would be meeting back up with Rick a few episodes later, but it didn't happen and it kept us wondering about what happened to him. When he made an appearance in 'Clear', I again thought that Rick was going to talk sense into him and that he'd return to camp with them. Obviously that didn't happen. That whole episode raised a lot of questions. What happened to him to make him get so crazy? What happened to Duane (which still hasn't been answered, but is basically obvious). Then all of the cuts to Morgan on Rick's trail during season 5 rekindled all of the same questions again. It was great to finally get the backstory and find out what he's been up to.

After the non-stop white-knuckled action of the first three episodes of season 6, this episode was like a relaxing breath of fresh air, and I honestly have no real complaints about it. The primary purpose of this episode was to bring us up to speed on how Morgan came to be how he is, but I think it also really excelled in the secondary purpose of reminding us that the walkers were once people too. That's something that we often lose sight of in the constant action packed episodes where the walkers are just an enemy that needs to be eradicated. Obviously being a walker is a rather dehumanizing condition, but the fact that they were once people just like anyone else is an important perspective to keep in mind. This episode really showed that within the decay of humanity, aspects of humanity can still be preserved. Although the world has fundamentally changed, it doesn't mean that the pre-ZA core principles of people have to be entirely abandoned. They need to be adapted to the world, yes, but adaptation doesn't have to change them at their roots.

Although I think Morgan's 'all life is precious' attitude is going to cause some big problems for everyone in Alexandria, I think it's going to lead to some very big plot developments. This philosophy is clearly in conflict with how Rick, Carol and the rest of their group have been living for all this time, but I think it could provide some balance for their more or less merciless outlooks. Morgan's decision to capture the Wolf seems incredibly foolish, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out. It's possible that the captured Wolf could provide information about the rest of the Wolves. I'm picturing a possible Morgan and Carol (or Rick) good cop/bad cop interrogation scene. It's possible that the Wolf will escape and make Morgan really regret his decision.

Other notes - This was some of the most polished acting in any episode of TWD ever. Eastman was an excellent character, and is definitely my favorite one time character in the shows history.

And I think Tabitha the Goat is going to jump out of the dumpster and save Glenn.

I'm looking forward to seeing how things pan out on Sunday!

#44 QuantumCurt, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  5. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

As soon as you get an episode of TWD that tones down the pace and focuses more on character development, you will see all of the "What a useless show, Gimple et al. should all be fired!" laments. Now that's predictable.

I find a lot of people say this ("what happened to make (Morgan) get so angry?"). For me, I thought the answer was quite clear. Morgan had beat himself up relentlessly with self-blame over his wife's death, and then even moreso over his son's...Morgan couldn't find the strength to put his wife down when she was roaming the streets as a walker, and as a direct result of this, Duane was killed. And yes, what happened to Duane was answered...Morgan told Rick that Jenny (his wife) got to Duane and was tearing him apart before he could do anything about it. Imagine the pain, guilt, and torment that he must have endured over that; seeing the only person left in the entire world left in his life - his beloved son, who he was supposed to protect - being torn to pieces in front of him, by the walker/wife that he couldn't kill. After it was all over he was left completely alone, in a world where he was surrounded by monsters. How does one keep their sanity after that?

Absolutely agree. A great point. :)

Anything's possible, but I highly doubt that this particular Wolf club member would provide any information to anyone. He's clearly driven by the sole purpose of killing, and his character doesn't come across as someone who would break down during interrogation. I think he's pretty impervious to torture at this point; more than likely he's going to escape and kill at least one person before he gets taken down (a locked door may stop him, but glass still breaks pretty easily). My guess is that it will be Morgan who will have to do this, in order to save someone from the group. We've seen how Morgan has been wrestling with his new philosophy...I suspect that bringing the Wolf into the fold, this is going to force Morgan's hand into realizing that there is no way around killing in order to stay alive.

6. aNamelssHnchman

aNamelssHnchman New Member

Great episode - Very Zen!

7. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

What a truely amazing episode. I was looking forward to it, since I like Morgan a lot and the actor is one of the best in this show and it didn't let me down. I just wished, Eastman could have survived, but on the other side, his story arc was great. And after this, Morgans 'all life is precious' attitude is fully understandable. And I think, he is fearing that Rick might go where he was. It might cause problems, but maybe he could help som of the otehrs (Rick, Carol mainly) to find a new peace without taking away their edge.

Edit: I stay way away from the complains thread, because I have no complaint. Not every episode has to be about impressive figthing and action and badass attitudes. I'm glad that there is someone like Morgan - and to some extent Michonne, who havn't lost (or found again) their compassion for others.

#47 fylimar, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015