Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[604] Rate The Damn Episode!

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 1, 2015.

?

Rate it!

1. 10

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. 9

16 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. 8

18 vote(s)
    24.3%
  4. 7

15 vote(s)
    20.3%
  5. 6

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  6. 5

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. The cheese talk just made me think of food

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  8. 3

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  9. 2

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  10. I switched to The Leftovers after 10 minutes

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rate all 90 minutes of that damn thing!! ;)

2. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

I have not seen the episode yet, but I already know I will be giving it a high 9 because overall I like Morgan, and can't wait to see what sort of wisdom and enlightenment was taught to him by his Master Splinter.

3. raccoon city

raccoon city Member

8/10 for me. It was enjoyable and I really liked Eastmen.

4. SStark

SStark Active Member

I honestly really liked this episode; just didn't like the timing of it, if that makes any sense.

9.2; really liked Eastman. John Carroll Lynch did a great job.

5. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

Yeah, he was practically the man of the hour.
    Heartbreaking stories what happened to Morgan and him.

6. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I give it a 10.

[​IMG]

7. Swandog

Swandog New Member

This one was very flat for me and I didn't like the Eastman character or his philosophy; I prefer Carols in the TWD world. I never thought I'd be bored through a whole episode but it happened.

3/10

8. Coreenfw

Coreenfw Member

I really njoy the change of pace, although i know there will be many who hateit. Truly enoyed Eastman even though he did turn out to be a little off himself..

So sad for poor Tabitha, though she brought her death on herself, noisy escape artist goat. It was different, the story was god and it was OK they didn't cover Glenn/Rick til next time.... Though, i also thought itsounded like Rick at the gate.

9. Coreenfw

Coreenfw Member

8/10, the story was good not god....

10. EvilChani

EvilChani Member

Same here. Carol's philosophy makes more sense. Morgan recognized she doesn't like killing (duh!), but adults have to do things they don't like. That's part of being an adult. Morgan is a child, and so is (was) Eastman. Showing me why they adopted their moronic philosophy does nothing to endear them to me. Morgan is still a danger to the core group as long as he continues along this idiotic zen path. Better to send him away before he gets people killed because he operates under the psychotic notion that the lives of murderous scum are as valuable as the lives of people who have hearts.

I do admit that, at the beginning of the show, I kinda liked Eastman. That went out the window when he went on a whine about how terrible it was to kill the human refuse that killed his family. Sorry, dude, that guy needed to die. End of story.

11. Leeann

Leeann Member

This was one boring episode. This is why a lot of fans don't like episodes like this. I don't think they handle them right. 5/10.

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

9/10 - and I was one of those who was skeptical in the week leading up to this episode.

Setting was gorgeous and set the tone of a small slice of tranquility in the apocalyptic chitstorm

Enjoyed the little reveals of the easter eggs

Lennie as usual was awesome

But the real star of this episode was JC Lynch, amazing performance

13. JSF

JSF Member

8/10

A nice change of pace, even though it didn't feel as slow as it was perhaps meant to be? If that makes sense.

14. Cat'sMeow

Cat'sMeow Member

8/10

Loved the tshirt choice.

15. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I rated it a 2. It got one point for Tabitha. This was the worst episode of the walking dead I've ever seen. I already knew everything that happened in this episode before I saw it Waste of my time. I fast forwarded through about 15 minutes of the slower parts. I have NEVER fast forwarded TWD in my life before.

The timing of the episode was also poor. I couldn't keep my mind off Glenn so I couldn't pay attention.

16. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Fave sode of the season, the transformation from Clear Morgan to the present Jedi Morgan was very well done. Eastman was one of the best one episode characters out there, they made his Aikida stuff seem believable, they didn't make it look like he was fake wielding that staff too. I just loved how Eastman had such an effect on Morgan throughout the episode. Morgan went from wanting to kill him to having him on his shoulders at the end after he got bit. They really became friends in a short amount of time like Morgan did with Rick.

And Tabitha, da feeelssss. I miss that cute ass Goat already, I want it as a pet. Loved this sode from beginning to the end. 9/10

17. asdf

asdf Member

Although I don't agree with Eastman/Morgan's philosophy it was enthralling human introspective in a ZA.

You have ZA comedy, ZA action, ZA horror but this is my kind of ZA sub genre (ZA human drama). With Lenny James being one of the the more subtly emotive thespian of TWD - I am smitten and I hope he carries more weight further on. I appreciate performance art. Kudos to Drew Carrey's friend as well. Also glad not the only one to highly acclaim this ep.

First 10 for me since season 1 and/or 2.

#TeamMorgantello

#17 asdf, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  18. ozgod

ozgod New Member

First post :D

I liked the episode. The first three episodes of S6 have been pretty action packed so it was good to take a step back, particularly after the trauma of the previous episode. I think Eastman (and now Morgan) have a philosophy that helps them (re)gain inner peace, but at the cost of those around them. They represent hope and redemption - but only for those who want to be redeemed. In a world where everyone is reduced to their base animal survival instinct of kill or be killed, does such a philosophy have a place? Is there room for conscience or morality? Or just ruthless pragmatism?So far all those who have had such an approach (Dale, Tyreese) have all fallen by the wayside. Is attempting to seek your personal inner peace at the risk of the greater good inherently selfish? Those are the questions this episode brought up for me.

#18 ozgod, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Eternal

Eternal Member

8/10. I like Morgan and I liked seeing how he got from where he was, to where he is now.

20. jojo

jojo Member

I gave it 5 I liked Eastman and the backstory of Morgan did I need 90 min of it nope. Now that's out of the way looking forward to moving on to "Now".