Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[604] Rate The Damn Episode!

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 1, 2015.

?

Rate it!

1. 10

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. 9

16 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. 8

18 vote(s)
    24.3%
  4. 7

15 vote(s)
    20.3%
  5. 6

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  6. 5

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. The cheese talk just made me think of food

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  8. 3

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  9. 2

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  10. I switched to The Leftovers after 10 minutes

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Save the terrapins

2. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

8/10

Important episode for sure. Loved Eastman.

3. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Sorry, but the TWD writers are not strong enough to pull off quiet, dialogue heavy episodes. I have no idea why they had this in at a special 90 minute runtime. I don't really think Eastman's actions or backstory are compelling at all to turn somebody's life around on a dime. At least it was better than "Still."

I gotta say, I legit laughed out loud when Eastman got bit. I'm sorry but that was hilarious.

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and what a great first post!! Look forward to your input :D

5. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I gave it a 7. it wasn't bad, but i guess i was just looking for something else at this moment in time from TWD universe.

6. Mandylion

Mandylion New Member

Same. A very nice filler episode. Also now I like Morgan more. This ep explained a lot.

7. asdf

asdf Member

Ditto to that but just one thing. Paragraphs are your friend.

8. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8 but my rating may go up after a new viewing. I was watching in Senoia with Veebs and we were talking a bit through the ep so I didn't get the full emotional impact and I may have missed a few things. Lennie a James was awesome as ever and Eastman was a great choice for his guide. Still don't agree with Morgan's philosophy but at least have a little note insight.

9. kcspurs

kcspurs New Member

6. very slow and too long.
    plus that guy got bit easy lol

10. darkrosenberg

darkrosenberg Member

I like seeing that Norm moved on after losing Marge and his kids. The whole vegetarian thing was really a surprise tho.

11. Jasyla

Jasyla New Member

I enjoyed watching the episode while at the same time thought both men's philosophies were stupid.

12. SLM1968

SLM1968 New Member

I'd give it a solid 9/10. There were some amazing moments. I do wish they'd do the "Uh oh, got bit" scenes a bit better. My one criticism/critique of the series is those instances always look avoidable. But wonderful character development overall.

13. BlackNoise

BlackNoise Member

9/10. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, although the pacing of the season as a whole is throwing me off completely. "Still" was my favorite episode, so I love when they take their time. Like most, the bite annoyed me. I've tried to get use to it, because I know the point is he's bitten and about to turn. I just wish the writers/directors would do a better job so I don't always question it. Sharp teeth aren't even guaranteed to draw blood that easily, and Easton seemed too aware to get bitten from the back like that.

I just don't understand why they pay so little attention to those life changing/ending moments. I also wish this wasn't an "every other" episode season. I'm sure they've done this in the past, but for some reason I'm really noticing it this season. "CLIFFHANGER!" and then "lets slow things down for the next 90 minutes...we got time". Assholes...lol

#33 BlackNoise, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  14. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

The 4 points I gave was for the goat.

I couldn't sit still, it was very boring and the best part was probably Twisty the Clown talking about how his family was killed. I just couldn't get into it.

15. Buffalo Al

Buffalo Al New Member

Good idea, poorly executed. Didn't buy Morgans transformation or the ninja turtle transformation. I think Morgans philosophy is a good counterpoint to Rick and the gangs's , but they've taken it too far to the extreme, it completely lacks any nuance. Liked Eastman and his back story, especially the bit about not finding peace in revenge. Thought that actually was the key to the whole episode.

16. prgallo

prgallo New Member

1 out of 10. What a waste of an episode, they seem to fly by so quickly that throwing one away seems like real shame.

17. tehwalkingdead

Gave this one a 3, my lowest mark by about 5 in all the period I have given a vote.

Have to be honest, I don't really care what Morgan's back story is, it's fine that he's had two transformations. From the first season where he can't kill his wife, to the maniacal Morgan, and now back to not being able to kill. Even when others are trying to kill him. Self defense is a legitimate reason to end up killing someone in real life never mind in a lawless apocalypse.

So what the hell was the point of this episode?

Now we know this information, what do we do with it?

And stop jumping storylines.

18. Brian and Pris

Good episode. Well developed. Superb acting. But it seemed that two things were against it: 1. Timing. 2. Unnecessary.
    This was a weird time in the flow of the story to break to this character piece. We've never had so much thrown at just one character so quick in their arc (90 minutes!). It seems that they are just trying too hard to make us like (batman begins) Morgan - which really makes me think that they are about to off a big character and they need a replacement character, enter Morgan. I also think in pushing so hard to make us like him they are beginning to ruin him. I think a lot of people thought Morgan was cool precisely because they didn't know much about him. Now the mystery is gone...kind of like that Wolverine Origins flick. We didn't need all this info to like him, we liked him already.
    Anyway, it just seems like they are dragging their feet so they don't have to bring Negan in - the next big villain that the comic-crowd bring up so often.
    I gave the episode a 7.

19. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Liked it. I'm always interested to see what happened to Morgan after Rick. I may not agree with the never kill philosophy, as you would have to in a world filled with zombies in some situations, but neither do I agree with Morgan's philosophy before he met Eastman. I'm glad Eastman taught Morgan his fighting abilities, but if all life is precious, should you not save hundreds of lives by killing one murderous person?

20. Berry

Berry Member

I really enjoyed meeting Eastman. Very interesting character, and the arc DID add a lot, conceptually, to the show. Eastman taught us that monsters existed long before zombies, and how people have always reacted to them. Eastman also showed just how a person can evolve. When a storm of circumstance occurs, a normal, good, nice person can turn into a vengeful, tortuous murderer.

We see a lot of murder, post-apocalypse, Eastman shows a bit of the evolution.

In fact, I think this is the theme for the entire 6th season.. we get to see the "beginning" of the ZA via Eastman and the Alexandrians. Interesting, in the wake of Fear The during the summer.