Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[606] Complaints & Criticisms.

Discussion in 'Episode 606 - Always Accountable' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 13, 2015.

1. JMac

JMac Member

Once again, another night of playing the cliffhanger or suspenseful ticket.
    I hate to say this but this whole Glenn thing is just getting annoying.
    The writers are just throwing stuff out there to have some suspense, and having no follow thru.
    They aren't giving me enough to get behind one story or other.
    Also I understand that with a cast this big, you have to separate the main cast, but it's been played and played. So now they decided to play it with messing with time, and honestly it is so confusing to me! So confusing.
    When is all this happening? Too they make one story seem so important but as it pertains to another, not so.
    For example the herd. I get that Daryl, Sash, and Abe were further ahead of the herd, but so was Michonnes group, and they still lived in fear and eventually got over run by the herd. Daryl, Abe, and Sasha, make a left turn maybe a mile out in front and then get blasted by automatic weapons but a half a day later no zombies? None of that herd of over a thousand, not even one, went thru that town?
    Really, my only complaint is with the writing this season. It's just been bad. Half of the conversations I can't even understand, and the dialogue! Use dialogue between characters. Please. Hey Daryl, say, umm I don't think I'm the guy you think I am.
    Also, hey Abe or Sasha, even if you don't want to stop the people who just shot at you from turning, how about you go up to their car, get a good look at em, see if they have Ws on their foreheads, or something, they did just shoot at you, and take their weapon, maybe use their cars? Maybe just investigate a lil why they were just trying to kill you?? Instead of just walking away to some office like it didn't happen!!! They didn't even bother. Another example of story line dropped.
    I also thot the whole reason Daryl was pushing the bike, cause it was broke. Or something. I understand he was hurt, but why not get the heck out of there instead of hiding it and walking into the woods? Cause the duo that just robbed you... Yeah had no problem starting it up!! Another dropped story.
    Last, Patty. So I just realized that Patty is a truck. I really thot she was a person. Why did you take Daryl back to Arno Wolves trap, cry, about Patty, and say you were gonna use Daryl to get back Patty- if Patty is a truck? That's just bad story filler. What is Patty? Another question.
    Now that I've wrote a book, I have completely forgotten that Morgan has a kidnapped wolf. Carol has been exposed. Enid jumped the wall. Ron is an ahole. Carl was going after Enid. The herd. And Maggie's preggos and Glenn is not even on the credits any more.
    Suspense is done well, messing with time can be done well, but this season is all over the place!! It makes my head spin. You have to give the viewer more of something, even if it is just a lil to get into a story line.. I just can't get into it. That's the first time I've said that in all the seasons. I can't believe it's already been 6 episodes! And it's only been 2 days. And about 15 different storylines.

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

LOL, your Joyce is frighteningly on the money.

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

better!!!

4. The_Not_So_Dead

My sister had diabetes type 1, and we sometimes would ponder what would happen if insuline became scarce or if there was a apocalypse. My sister, ever the realist, said to me: "I would be dead in a couple of months." And that was just talking about a regular apocalypse; not one where there are dead guys trying to get you.

If you should get low blood sugar when trying to run or hide, you would have a big problem. My sister either fainted (wrong word, she was just out of it / non responsive) or she would become this "other" person. I remember once I was trying to get some sugar in her and she just threw the package across the room, because she "didn't want to" (she acted like a 10-year old). Imagine that happening when you have to hide and be quiet or run? Not that she could run in both cases.

IKR? Does insuline even have such along expiration date? (I can't remember.)

I agree that your version of the story would have had far more impact. To really rub it in that there eventually will be no more medicines available. (Why no one ever raided a library or book store in search for books on medicinal herbs, I would not know.)

5. JPG119

JPG119 Member

Daryl wasn't brutally murdered

6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

My concern here is the pretty tacky writing in the burnt down wood. For some reason these 3 idiots proclaim they do not know everybody after SEVERAL months if not years in a camp? How big of a camp is this? Why do you not know every body? Are we speaking hundreds? Thousands? They think this crossbow weilding, Redneck Rick Commando Hobo was part of their old camp. The three of them did not fit in at all. Felt out of place.

And they betray Daryl pretty much two times. He comes back with insulin, he hands back the gun, leads them out and offers them a place. What do they do? Steal his crossbow, steal his bike and leave him to die. I haven't seen bigger idiots and t he dumb diabetes chick just had to hug dead people. KNOWINGLY! THEY RETURN! How dumb can you be this far into the apocalypse? They made the Alexandrian looks hardened or atleast clever. And the illusion of that Wayne/Wade guy and his band being 20 meters away was weird. WHY Even scream to him you morons if he is far away? Daryl practically lead them away infront of them as far as I saw it. The filming here was mediocre at best. (The woods part!)

The best part was Abraham finding the RPG. I hope someone gets one of the rockets up their rear with how stupid people where this time. Poor Daryl!

#66 Marc, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This episode was a clear example of that. It was frustrating that Daryl didn't even try to adequately explain to those people that he was NOT from the group that was looking for them. He's just walking with them to his potential demise.

How much would it take for them to write that into the dialogue and then just have the others NOT believe him.

8. Morgotha

LOL! You're right, they said they were there since early on, to not recognize whether someone was one of your group or not is pretty unrealistic. OTOH, didn't Maggie look up when Beth came into the room one time, grab her gun and say, Who are YOU?!"

9. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

It is just the same shit that has been happening for a few seasons now. We as viewers are wise to how things work during this ZA, the rules, what you would/wouldn't do, so when characters who have supposedly lived through it do stupid things it just looks bad.

The girl lying down with the 2 dead people is something you might do the first few weeks of the ZA and if it was the first season we might have been shocked or scared by it, but this deep in it just comes across as plain stupid and annoying.

10. Morgotha

My gripe is always with cars. When they were making their walker pathway, they lined up a ton of cars on the sides of the road, and some of them looked nice enough. What car do they choose to entrust their lives to while leading the horde away from town? Some old jalopy that's covered in rust and has red warning lights on the dashboard! Who would be stupid enough to choose that car over the 100 others they placed on the sides of the road?

11. Seduxen

Seduxen New Member

TBH when they said they would mess with time in this Season, I expected something else. This doesn't come off as messing with time to me. It's just.. starting the same day over and over again while leaving interesting things in half. I might have unrealistic expectations thou, but really, I thought it was going to be something else.

BTW Daryl could actually talk in a normal way in the beginning. For some time now he talks like he had this nasty sore throat. Guess they think it's more exotic and dark.

12. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

[MENTION=5358]The_Not_So_Dead[/MENTION] I actually had a very, very similar situation with my father. He had passed out and when we finally woke him up and tried to get some food in him, he kept saying, "I don't want to." Very scary. We often talk about the same thing, end of the world wise. And he says the same thing as your sister: "If it goes on too long, I won't make it." Having a diabetic in the family definitely puts a whole new spin on the survival thought process.

According to the expiration dates on the bottles in our fridge right now, a refrigerated bottle of insulin could last up to 2 years.

13. Morgotha

And in the ZA, who cares what the expiration date is? Keep using it until it doesn't work any more or you run out. What other choice would you have?

14. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Indeed, since he also got a crossbow...I mean how many been USING a frocking crossbow? I seen 1-2 archers but never a crossbowman in all of the Walking Dead I seen. Beside Daryl, I think these "smart" asses would remembering a crossbow waving Redneck but I guess everybody got that back at their camp in this state or something.

Beth who? ;)

Daryl Season 1 looks like a man recently passed his teenage, Daryl Season 6 looks like he aged 20 years and smoked packs of cigs each day which given him that growly voice. I guess it fits! But now when you say it, it is a bit weird. I still like the character. He is a bit of the plot armoured one cause he is so popular but I think he got pretty pissed off at the three dumbos.

#74 Marc, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  15. Morgotha

It would be funny though if Rick's group raids the new compound and every one of them has shaggy hair, leather, and a crossbow. It would make the confusion understandable.

16. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I buy it for Alexandrians, they got away easily, but another camp of idiots? Atleast their leader seemed to know a thing or two. Did he keep these as chefs or what? Locked up in some warehouse kitchen?

Very good question! I guess the budget do not cover enough rusty cars or something. Atleast in the first 2 seasons and part pf the prison arc I believe, they did have the "best" cars for themself and not wasted on nothing. Well Lori crashed 1 even.

This is why I have slight issues with how the show changes, how bigger the scale goes, the lesser eyes for details they get it seems! More actors, less time to fix the small things and more mainstream dramatic action it becomes (I know it already is but still)

Lol! That be a twist. They found the biker gang "The Cross-Bows". Daryl going "Damn! This is the gang I left 5 years ago! They hate me now!"

17. Morgotha

At first I thought they might be trying to use old cars to show the passage of time/decay or something, but then they show other cars like the ones their pursuers in this episode were driving and they were fine! It's like Rick's group goes out of its way to get cars from the 1980's for some reason, and I don't understand it.

18. calliope

calliope Active Member

I was actually OK with that. Although I'm frustrated as hell that the season 5/6 writers seem to think that the character of Daryl works best as a functional mute, I think staying quiet made some sense here. Dwight was pointing the gun in his face, daring him to speak. They clearly weren't going to believe anything he said. I think going along and learning what he could from just listening to them--and they were a chatty trio--was probably to his advantage.

Now the fact that they don't recognize people in their own group is a little mystifying.

19. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I know IMDB is picky with errors and things, like how gas and such would be unuseable and such. But lets just let that be. It is kinda a plothole they need to make the show work. But to not use those NEW CARS is stupid. Are they afraid someone will steal their new nice cars? But putting them in a wall is okay? That whole idea was insane. I mean so many factors could go wrong. 2 crazy gangs/camps could end up fighting in the vicinity. Like The Governor meets Gareth and they got a shoot out going around the corner. How would they solve it then? lol.

And they clearly did not take the best RVs either. No one checked they would be okay? Clearly they needed Dale still!

20. The_Not_So_Dead

Sounds very familiar!

TBH when my sister would have low blood sugar, it was always easier to fix if she was unconscious (sounds mean I know). But then I could pour sugar (I call it sugar but it was liquid sugary stuff in a kind of package you could slip between the lips and squeeze) without her trying to either refuse to eat or pushing it away.

I never bothered much with hypos, but I had to after my Mum passed. And it was freaking terrifying at first! After a few months though, I was a kinda an expert: pricking blood to see how low her blood sugar was, giving something to eat, wait 15 min. and pricking again. Rinse and repeat.

I really cannot imagine doing that in a ZA for very long.

If insuline is not stored correctly it looses it potency (either too cold or too hot). So you might think you have a supply for x-months, but it would probably be less.