Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[606] Praise This Thing With some Positivity!

Discussion in 'Episode 606 - Always Accountable' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

You did good, pig.

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

It was good to see Daryl being the loner again. I also liked how he was cautious with the three survivors, yet hoping they could be trusted and join Alexandria.

That bit where Daryl was struggling to get his crossbow out of the bag while Swamp Thing Walker crept on him was frightening! :zombies_shocked:

3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It is good to see Daryl trying to recruit the three people to ASZ, showing his willingness to take a risk to trust people.

But unfortunately, that guy yelled (to Wade) ''We should not have trusted you guys'', suggesting why he is skeptics about Daryl's offer.

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Can we have Sherry become a recurring character?

5. sheryden

sheryden Member

I have to watch it again, but so far...

*Loved every second Daryl was on the screen. He was cautious and conflicted, yet he still held out hope that there are still good people in the world. Great characterization.

* Loved the interaction between Abe and Sasha. They have real chemistry. And like Abe, I enjoy how Sasha calls bs.

* I liked the way Sasha understood that staying put and waiting for Daryl was the smart thing to do.

* While I'm ticked about the bike and the crossbow, I did expect it, and I'm interested to see how it impacts Daryl's attitude.

6. RS92

RS92 Member

It was good to see Daryl again. That's it.

7. batongal

batongal Active Member

Any screen time with Abe is positive. Liked how the PTSD kicked in when he was trying to take the rocket launcher and the soldier trying to eat him up close and personal. Loved that he realized it was his mirror image and decided to flip the script on his attitude to live out his life drinking beer and smoking cigars behind the protected walls of Alexandria. Loved that they showed Daryl's mirror image as well. The above screen shot of him lying in the burnt out forest next to the burnt motorcyclist was so cool and equally scary as it felt a wee bit like foreshadowing.

8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I loved the scene where Abe and Sasha hear a vehicle driving up and Abe grabs his weapon. They dash to the window, Abe looking like he just walked out of the Sgt Pepper album. They see what's what (!!!), glance at each other and break into big smiles. That's exactly how I feel when our group does something amazingly wonderful.

9. sheryden

sheryden Member

I really like the dynamic they've set up between Daryl and Dwight. And I love Daryl's "you're gonna be" when they say their sorry for taking his ride and bow.

10. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Agreed with everyone!

Abe and Sasha stole the show. Some of the most engaging character development in a while and a unique/refreshing combination of characters to carry the episode.

11. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

I hope the guy that stole the bike and crossbow dies a horrible death. We will see him again, I'm sure about that.

12. SLM1968

SLM1968 New Member

I still have to rewatch it, I usually get so much more on a second viewing. But I loved how Daryl, when the couple betray his trust and offer (can't actually blame them, they just don't know Daryl the way we do!), and they say "I'm sorry" he replies with "You will be." It wasn't a threat, it was a statement of fact. I don't think he was thinking about retribution upon them. He was telling them that this choice they made, that will end up being a regrettable action. It was the wrong choice.

I think it shows how much he's grown. He's always had a good heart, and he's has always proven himself to be insightful and thoughtful. Not much gets past him, never has. What he lacked, in the beginning, was confidence in himself as part of a group. He doubted his worth to others. When he was intently watched these strangers, he wasn't hesitating because he didn't think he knew how to judge them adequately. At first I thought this was what it was, I mean at first when he was out 'recruiting' he always had Aaron with him. Aaron, while a bit awkward himself, is more socially adept than Daryl. But when he made that statement to them at the end, that they would be sorry, I knew all he was doing was assessing the risk and that he knew he didn't make the wrong choice, they did.

He knows he didn't make the wrong choice in choosing them. I think that's significant and evident of real growth for him. Even though he's become comfortable and confident before with his worth to the group, whenever someone or something 'upset that apple cart' so to speak, that confidence disappeared. This was demonstrated with Beth after the fall of the prison and when the group first entered Alexandria. In the past he's always needed someone else to reach out to him (Carol, Beth, Aaron) but this time, I think he did it for himself.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting on [MENTION=17192]Dnae[/MENTION] response...and then I'll second it.

14. darkrosenberg

darkrosenberg Member

This was a great episode all around. It was so f'n good to spend time with Daryl again, doing his thang. Sasha and Abe sitting in a tree? They had some chemistry but ASZ is a small town. Of course nothing can possibly be more uncomfortable than Rick and Jessie. What I really appreciate right now about this episode and this season in general is the zombies. I feel like I'm always seeing something new and creative with the walkers. Those greenhouse walkers were especially inventive and interesting but most of all scary and creepy. After 5 years the writers and the special effects/make-up people are still coming up with original ways to both entertain and scare us. Bravo!

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Whew....I better get busy and give it a second watch then! I was a bit underwhelmed on the first watch BUT that could partly be due to my frustration with Time Warner Cable sending me the wrong damn modem for my internet - I was not in a happy place Sunday evening

16. HurricaneKid

HurricaneKid Member

I kinda loved the episode. Back to characters I really enjoy and the ones I was on the fence about were outstanding (Sasha- used to like her but haven't since she went crazy, Abe has been fairly mediocre up til now). Great development, the strongest of the group come back with rocket launchers, and a tanker truck full of gas.

Darrell giving info about the settlement is going to haunt them.

17. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I liked the episode. And I can somewhat understand that Dwight and Shelly (was that her name?) didn't trust Darryl. They seem to have had a rough experience with that other group and I guess, they were afraid to get screwed again. As someone wrote: They don't know Daryl like we do and have no real reason to believe him. I. too, don't think, that he meant 'you will be' as a threat. He said it too sad for that.
    Abe and Sasha were great too.

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Feels like forever since I have posted anything of "substance" (and I use that word oh so lightly!) Needed to take a step away for a short while, all the negativity was starting to wear me down. So hopefully Ms. @Prufrock has given me a nudge to hopefully shine my own bit of positive light.

For me the best parts of this episode were the scenes with Sasha and Abe. These two actors/characters play well off of one another. Sasha has always been a favorite character of mine since her debut in season 3. She is no nonsense, pragmatic, take charge kind of gal and watch out if you piss her off. She does not mince words and has no hesitation in telling you how she sees the situation at hand. Beyond that "hardness" she is still able to to be that person who actually listens to what someone is saying. She is not one to let her (mind) motor run while someone is speaking, she is not trying to formulate a reply when she has yet to actually hear the entirety of a conversation. Her character, to me, comes across as someone who invests her time in the person she is engaging with at the moment. That aspect of her character was very evident during Abe's chat with her about how he viewed her recent behavior. She did not become defensive, she listened and let his words simmer for a bit. And then she calmly shared her thoughts in regard to his current state of mind. They took the time to listen to one another and actually see themselves and their own behavior. They now understand one another and the their reactions to the world - which goes far beyond the idea of merely accepting another's behavior.

I am not so sure how I feel about the possibility of an Abe/Sasha romance, but I do know it would not send me running from the room if they were to kiss (such as I did near the end of episode 5 - my eyes still burn at the memory).

The story line with Daryl, while not exceptionally exciting, was a clever way to introduce us to a character who will eventually make a definitive impact in the back 8 episodes. I do hope that by Daryl having been duped by these two that he will tone down his almost Morgan-esque view on life. I want snarky, don't piss me off Daryl back!!!

I think TPTB did another great job of dropping all these moments that could easily just be overlooked but we as long time viewers we know that they all mean something. The one that has me the most curious, and am looking forward to seeing how it is used is the hand carved figurine. I am not saying that it has some profound meaning that will be revealed at some point, but I do think that it will be used in some fashion. Maybe only for a small moment of "ahhh I see what you did there Gimple", but it will come into play somehow.

#18 Dnae, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015