Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[608]- Rate The Damn Episode!!

Discussion in 'Episode 608 - Start To Finish' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 29, 2015.

?

Start and Finish Rating it.

1. 10

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. 9

16 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. 8

17 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. 7

14 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. 6

12 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. 5

15 vote(s)
    15.3%
  7. 4

7 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. 3

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  9. Started it, couldn't Finish it.

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  10. 1

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. StoryLine

StoryLine Member

Poorly written... Gave it 1 , too bad no zero in this poll.

2. taco_lips

taco_lips Member

even worse for it being the mid-season finale.

i found myself actively rooting for the Wolf this whole episode. he might be the only character who does anything that makes sense to me.

and can no one on this show run from ambling zombies without falling down?

3. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

I gave it a 5. The writing and directing seems to be getting worse. I don't know what has changed behind the scenes this season, but this season has easily been the worst of the 6. Episodes 2 and 3 were 2 were top 10 episodes of all time. I was pumped up and excited. Then the Morgan episode hit and the show has become boring and corny. Have disappointed since.

4. HurricaneKid

HurricaneKid Member

Another disappointing episode. Seems to be all too common this season.

Another half season of this and I will be back to binge watching seasons after everything has been televised.

5. UndeadMauldo

UndeadMauldo Member

Not as bad as last season's.

6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

About 8-9 for how it begun. 5 for the lackluster ending and so many out of character breaks it was not even funny.

7. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

This has been my favorite season of TWD so far, and I feel like this episode kind of killed the steam that's been building up all season. I gave it a 6. It felt like just about every situation that the characters were in throughout this episode was incredibly contrived, out of character, and simply unrealistic. There were some good points in the episode too, but some of the scenarios like Tara/Rosita lowering their guns for the Wolf, Rick bringing the babbling scared kids with him to run to the armory, the whole Carol/Morgan scenario, and others just felt forced and fake.

Every episode this season has been a 9 or 10 in my opinion. I feel incredibly disappointed by this one though. I didn't feel engaged with it to any great extent. I felt more like I was simply waiting for it to be over. If I were to break the episode apart, I'd say that the beginning was excellent, but after they got inside of the houses, things just went downhill.

8. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

9. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

6. Lot of filler. Didn't really feel like a midseason finale. Jessie's kids are completely uninteresting and unlikable.

10. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

I rated it an 8, but I'd change it to a 7. My disappointment brought it down

Pros:
    Opening scene
    Deanna - start to finish
    Tara comforting Rosita
    Wolf + Denise convo
    Rick in general

Cons:
    Carol/Morgan fight seemed pretty contrived and hastily wrapped up
    Wolf story remains without a conclusion
    Spending 90 minutes on Here's Not Here instead of the Mid Season Finale so they can up the ratings for Into the Badlands.
    We could've used that extra time for fleshing out Glenn's return or the addressing the fate of Heath, Aaron, Tobin, Spencer, the prayer circle
    Warning

I thought it was a solid episode, but the loose ends really bug me. We've been building up to this since the Horn at the end of 601. This episode could've and should have packed a bigger punch. It just kind of...ends

#30 JohnConnor, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  11. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

8 out of 10; it was a great episode, amazing acting all around. However, this wasn't really a mid season finale quality to me. I expected slightly more than I got - but don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it a lot.

12. sheryden

sheryden Member

I was torn between a 7 or 8. I wound up giving it an eight, because it had a lot of good moments. But can you imagine how much further they'd have gotten in the story if they'd used a 90-minute timeslot for this instead of the Morgan-fest that was episode four? After commercials, they would have had an extra 20 or so minutes to work with. Let's see...

The Good
    * Loved Deanna from from start to finish (sorry - I had to). She had an admirable death, and I'm sad that they killed her off so soon. I especially like her "because you're one of us" comment to Rick.
    * Maggie did a thing, and it wasn't Glenn-related. That was good.
    * Great performances by Lennie and Melissa (though I took issue with the writing in a couple of their scenes).
    * I did LOVE the "You don't trust anyone" exchange between them. "Some more than others. But you're dead last." Love you, Carol. <3
    *Benedict Samuel was great.
    * I got shivers when everyone joined hands on their way down the porch.
    * Great post-finale scene - again, I got shivers when the name Negan uttered.

The Not-So-Good
    * What the heck did they do with Tobin? If you watch, you can see Tara and Rosita save him, and then run toward Eugene. When we next see the ladies, they are Tobin-less, and are coming to collect Eugene. So are we to believed that they passed up Eugene, stashed Tobin, and then ran back into a crowd of walkers to get Eugene? Why did they next just grab his cowardly ass immediately so all four of them could seek shelter? Wouldn't that have been more efficient?
    * Morgan has gone from a great character to a flat-out menace. Every second he was on the screen, I wanted Carol to clock him. But when he put his hands on Carol and knocked her out? Nope. Nope. He's crossed a line. He chose the Wolf over his own people.
    * The usually intelligent Carol did not handle that situation with Morgan and the Wolf in an efficient manner. Was it her concussion? Is Morgan getting into her head? I just rewatched that scene before he knocked her out, and I think he's getting into her head. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am giving it an 8 and if it were an option I would up it to an 8.5

What I find interesting are the remarks from readers of the comics. Are you guys griping because of the adaptation of the comic components or simply because having read the comics you know what is on the horizon for episode 9 and you have to wait to see the conclusion to what was started in episode 8?

If it is the latter that seems a small price to pay for actually getting this great part of the comic book as part of the television universe. I have no problem waiting for the resolution and have great faith that it will be well worth the wait.

14. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

7 but would've been 9if not for the car crash moments.

i loved:
    deanne, deanne and michonnes scenes, Glenn got to see Maggie,
    Sashas expression when motor cycle guy says that he's taking their stuff, she gave him a real " wtf, you say, shit head?" Look. Tara and rositata they really connected this ep

It was let down by:
    morgan!! Being such a dick he effectively betrayed the group by having that wolf in the basement, putting them at risk, and fighting Carol because of his principals which are so flawed and unsuitable for a member of a group in which everyone relies on each other for their safety.

Tara and rosita and Eugene handing over their weapons to the wolf.

sam was still playing that annoying record when the walkers were downstairs. Really?
    Even he knows walkers are drawn by sound. I can't believe none of the others told him to turn it off.

#34 Toothpick, Nov 30, 2015
  15. deadforever1

deadforever1 New Member

the covering of guts reminding me of season 1 with them in Atlanta trying to retrieve the guns.
    where are the going to go?

i hope the rest of the season is better.
    i give this a 5 at best.:(

16. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

The pacing this season has been all over the place. It's as if the show has become so big that it's gone to their heads.

This season had the potential to be the best season yet but they wasted their time and effort on the Glenn fake-out and the show suffered because of it. All to force a reaction out of the fans and get the show trending or whatever.

I hope they can turn things around in the second half because right now, it feels like they sold their credibility for quick hits.

it's makes me sad to think what could have been.

I actually enjoyed this episode. Not a particulary good mid-season final but a decent episode overall, despite some convenient/out-of-character decisions from most of the cast.

17. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I gave "Start to Finish" a 5, and that was for the scenes with the walkers invading Alexandria and the confrontation between Carol and Morgan; which scared the hell out of me.

Those scenes aside, this was a frustrating episode: Morgan refuses to admit his philosophy has the risk of getting people killed. Denise allowed herself to be kidnapped by the Alpha Wolf, and Tara and Rosita did nothing to stop it.

Ron is still alive, Jesse is still alive, and out of the blue, Sam gets PTSD. Why didn't Sam show symptoms of PTSD before while Pete was beating him? and when the walkers showed up outside?

I still love the show, but this episode was bullshit.

#37 Rapscallion, Nov 30, 2015
  18. tehwalkingdead

This episode gets a 3 from me.

Largely because they are repeating storylines from earlier episodes with different names for some of the characters. Particularly, Morgan is just a clone of Tyreese, in the long term people like this will end up getting you killed. They should be put out of any community they are in.

The mark I give is also just a reflection on how this season has gone overall. The weird way the episodes have been ordered, the fact that entire episodes are given over to single storylines instead of multiple storylines. I think they have run out of the content needed for 16 episode series so we get to see Eugene etc. pissing about in the countryside for 43 minutes.

Kill Morgan, Kill Glenn (He should be dead, it's so improbable that he survives, even in a universe where you have to suspend reality).

The second half of the season needs to be a lot better than this. Season 5 was a disappointment compared to Season 4, Season 6 is a disappointment compared to Season 5 so far and that downward trajectory has to be arrested now.

19. heartdead

heartdead New Member

Well, I was very out of like with this episode, which started with the LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG episode about Morgan.
    I think all fine and dandy if he wants to be zen...but about killing people who are trying to kill you and anyone else who has survived INSTEAD of protecting good, or decent people?
    He is an extremist, which I have said before. He is either all crazy, all killer, all zen ....there is no happy medium or combination with Morgan.
    Let him keep his trendy ideas or fanatical periods away from Rick and the gang. Keeping a wolf in a cage is NEVER a good idea.
    I watched about 10 minutes with the sound on, then sound off. Very disappointing.
    I don't read the comics, so don't want to know "how it is in the books etc."
    Ok. That's it. Just love the series, but am hoping the rest of the season isn't like this and Morgan goes away forever.

20. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

So funny, because I haven't been a big fan of many episodes of this season. But like Episode 1, this one had the same flavor that had been lost in more recent episodes: total fear of walkers. This episode brought that. And I was pleased to see them (FINALLY) use a solution to walkers they knew would work -- smell like them! And I loved how young Sam was threatening to derail the whole bloody-sheet enterprise -- in other words, the realistic fear of walkers. Petrifying, but this whole group had the courage to do it and now- well, it's anybody's guess what is going to happen as a result of Sam whining for his mom. I was shocked by the Morgan-Carol mutual smack-down-- the dispute was something we could anticipate but the physical altercation-- that was something!! Kudos to the guy who plays the wolf -- his expression of ultimate evil was amazing. I even liked that Denise-- who was on the top of my personal please-kill-this-character- list -- showed some balls to stand up to Wolfie-boy . In truth, though, I don't expect to see Denise alive again.. Angry as I was at the gamesmanship of the show relative to Glenn's death, I liked Glenn in the tree with Enid, while Maggie was on the fence of the roof. Yeah, there was some filler--- perhaps the show could have done with a few minutes less of Deanna-dying speeches. Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. I thought it brought some very deep stories to a head and left some real questions open as to how Rick and crew will survive.