Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[608]- Rate The Damn Episode!!

Discussion in 'Episode 608 - Start To Finish' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 29, 2015.

?

Start and Finish Rating it.

1. 10

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. 9

16 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. 8

17 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. 7

14 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. 6

12 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. 5

15 vote(s)
    15.3%
  7. 4

7 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. 3

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  9. Started it, couldn't Finish it.

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  10. 1

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

7. It was just all over the place. Too much Morgan, too many Alexanders and not enough lines from the main cast, except Rick. This has been the worse season for me so far, just dragging things out. Then their is greedy AMC that is going to screw around and cause viewers to leave with all the commercials and forced Badlands hog wash. Nothing like being appreciative to their fan base. :zombies_shocked:

2. Aquce

Aquce New Member

I gave it a solid 9.
    People gotta remember it is a mid-season finale, and not the end of the season. It's like if people complained to their waiter because he brought to them the appetizer instead of the sweet, sweet chocolate cake. I0m kinda annoyed by the people who complain and complain whenever an episode doesn't have bloody deaths, carnage, action sequences and shootouts all over the place. They need us to care for their characters and in all-action scenes that's kinda impossible. What they did with Morgan (and not so long ago with Beth) is called character development. If you want to see what happens to a ZA franchise with almost zero character development and all action just view the last movies of Resident Evil. Yeah.

Also I've noted this thing in this post. All comic readers gave somewhat good reviews and scores. Non comic readers hated the episode. Well, I have Not a single clue how it caN be.

3. Memy

Memy New Member

Was expecting more lol

4. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

That was an amazing episode. Gave it a high 8 and rounding that up makes it a 9 for me. There are definately some very major things I could complain about... Why didnt they just leave the smaller children with a capable adult up in the attic or in a room that... had a freaking door? Things like that, they are major, but what they did with ...what they did... how they presented the material they had to work with, it was amazing! I loved Carl's scenes. Sometimes I think that kid cant act his way out of a paper bag, but this episode finally proved me absolutely wrong! I loved how they portrayed the alexandrians. This was spot on. The kids in this episode have been amazing! This season. Sam, with the little screen time he's had, has done so well portraying a kids who's not dealing with like post ZA very well. Sometimes you feel that someone does something thats kind of out of character or a bit contrived, not this season. They're doing something right this season. My only other complaint was that it wasnt a 90 minute episode. Id have totally traded Morgan's 90 min ep for a 90 min mid season finale. They could have done so much more. Saying that... what they did in the 60 minutes was amazing. I dont know what the haters are on about ...at all.

5. Rust

Rust Member

Did you watch the same show everyone else watched?

6. BlackNoise

BlackNoise Member

This episode annoyed the hell out of me. I give it a 6, because I'm being nice.

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Can't speak for everyone but many of us feel as if the execution of the comic material is off. It doesn't have anything to do with knowing what's next. We had a good idea Hershel was going to meet Tyreese's fate, but that was still extremely well done, both in the emotional aspect and the brutality of the Governor's actions.

What I'm hearing from some casual fans off the board (those that didn't read the comics) is that they don't feel as if the writing is as strong and they're not connecting with the characters as much now because of that.

I think there is some nitpicking. I've even done some myself. But that happens when a show becomes weaker and you feel more letdown with its direction. Then you start to take it apart more, and aren't willing to give the benefit of the doubt as much as you did before.

8. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

Part of the problem is that they (AMC) have labeled it as a "mid-season finale". Before mid-season finales were around, you would expect a lot from the season finale, and almost as much from the season opener. When I was growing up (and watching way more tv), seasons just ran from start to finish. If tv shows are going to take a 2 month break and label the halfway point a mid-season finale, then they probably need to step up their game.

Another part of the problem was their promotion of the episode. On the Talking Dead, they built it up as a mind-blowing, non-stop thrill roller coaster ride. What we got instead was a ride on the Tilt-a-Whirl. It was mediocre. They're promoting the next episode the same way. I'm sure I'll like it, but I have zero expectations of it being anything special.

9. Stealth

Gimple does promotion like Donald Trump. Everything is great. It's going to be huge. At least he has a more expanded vocabulary than Trump because he calls 609 "gargantuan."

10. taco_lips

taco_lips Member

while i enjoy the tilt-a-whirl, i agree that there's just too much hype and all of it is hysterical.

i still recall Andrew Lincoln saying at the start of the season that all of season six was like one big finale episode after another (i'm paraphrasing ~ don't remember his exact words). it probably feels that way to him because his scenes have been fairly active, but that's really not what we've gotten so far.

11. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

twice so far...

12. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

I rate it an 8. Would have been higher except for Tara and Rosita inexplicably handing over their guns to the Wolf, and not just shooting him.
    It's a huge plot hole, but I understand that writers needed a device to distract the herd from Rick's gut-covered parade.

13. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I gave it a 7. Loved Deanna (Tovah did a great job) but essentially this was a set up episode for the mid-season premiere. I'm really hyped up for that now.

14. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

15. RottingR

RottingR New Member

I rated this episode a 4.
    I love this show, and I think it is the best show on TV. But something has happened to this season; it is becoming more and more unrealistic (Zombies could be real in a different universe J ). After a while you start to care about the characters, and it becomes disheartening when they do something really silly. And if it happens enough times you will lose interest in them and the show. An obvious example of this is, in this episode, is when they dropped their guns for the Wolf guy. That is a lame ploy used in too many bad movies; nobody would drop their gun in real life (You know the Doc will be dead soon, so you take your best shot.). Morgan steadfastly wanting to save a known psychopathic killer at the expense of his friends lives; aren’t their lives important too? Maybe keep Morgan as a scout… but then he would probably bring back to the community 20 or more blood thirsty friends J. And then the final scene where Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham drive all the way , right up to, a bunch of armed men…. Are you kidding me!!??? These three are supposed to be battle-hardened zombie-time veterans, and they drive right up to these guys. “Well, I wonder what these gosh darn blokes want?”.
    It seems like the writers are just trying to get to the good parts of the comic book and they are by-passing reality just to get there.

16. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Looking at the ratings above, this episode seems to have the lowest overall rating of any episode to date. Does anyone keep track of what the mean rating is for each episode? It would be interesting to see if that's true.

17. Stealth

I thought Still (where Beth and Daryl searched the countryside for alcohol) was rated lower but I went back and scrolled through the ratings thread for that episode and it actually did much better than this one. I was surprised.

I'm not sure which one is worse for me. If I had to pick right now I might go with 608, but then it's still new. With a little more time I think I'll still put Still dead last of all time.

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

A lot of people really hate Slabtown too. I'm really just wondering if someone out there is keeping tabs on where episodes stand overall.

19. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

4. I never really paid much attention to the claims of "lazy writing" But damn. It's been nothing but poop for a most of the season.

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think the Beth/Hospital episodes were rated the worst because of Dawn..