Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[609] No Way Out, LIVE Reactions Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 9, 2016.

1. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I'm going to need a bigger bra.

2. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

West coast feed. So far this ep has been excellent. Carl just lost his eye!

Cue the Richonne!

#403 westwingnut, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  4. Neganomics

Neganomics New Member

That episode was the best hour of television I've ever seen.

5. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Just...damn. So many things to love and contemplate, but I'll offer up just this one: Michonne kissing Carl's forehead before rushing out to help his father. That's such a sweet thing; she's kissing the boy she's come to love so much. But I think Carl will be very different from this point on. (I don't read the comics so I don't know.) I wonder if he'll come out of this older, harder. So that moment feels like a freeze-frame of sorts, or a temporal crossroads. She kisses a boy who has just left boyhood.

6. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Epic.

I have watched it 3 times now.\

Can't wait to watch it again soon, but now I MUST sleep.

Unbelievable episode. Insane.

7. jmobash

jmobash Member

New poster here.

I hated Father Gabriel before this episode. In fact I was waiting for him to wuss out again when he handed over Judith to random lady I don't remember. But when he picked up the machete and walked out, I was happy.

I appreciate what they were trying to get at with Morgan/Carol/Alpha Wolf but it annoyed me all the same. I felt like it was only useful to facilitate the Morgan background story which I hated!

I was genuinely shocked that Negan's biker gang was taken out so easily! I expected Abe to try something and get killed - glad he was preserved. What do you guys think will happen with that? How will Negan know to come after them? I feel like that guy at the back won't be all the way dead and report back somehow.

8. DeadRun

DeadRun Member

Wow, just WOW!

Need to watch this one a few times, so much going on.

Made the mid season wait worthwhile

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Really? No one at the TWD production team thought one bike was not a bit far fetched? But an armada of gangsters on bikes, that Daryl stops for? Break character much? You are dropping the ball on the show! Stop taking over the top crap from the comics! It won't work in live TV when you try to be serious!

EDIT: Is Sam going to be the salvation of the zombie wastes? Hardened by Carol, Seeing zombies since he was like 6-7 and trained by Rick and the ghost of Shane? :zombies_lol:EDIT 2: Oh okay, nope. Typically useless kids in tv-shows also "I WANNA GO WITH YOU MUMMA" yeah, and you died playing strong. Also really, stop doing what the comics do. It makes no sense.

EDIT: It did get better but this should have been the mid season finale, not that crappy one we got with Sams being the last one uttering "mom? Moooom?". Not sure why this was not the mid season finale. Could off skippped 1 hour of Morgan rambling with his Zen meditation and martial arts master. But atleast it did not end as over the top as in the comics, they did do something to kill the horde with and just not share force killing all walkers.

#409 Marc, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

By now, they haven't learned to kill those who wish to hurt them? Really? I am starting to slowly lose respect for the creators of this show with how many glaring mistakes they allow the characters do to be able to push plot devices. I fear Daryl will die now, for what he did.

11. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

you forget that Negan's men have already seen Daryl, Sasha and Abe when they were chasing them and Daryl ran into Dwight. That may be the reason his men where in the area and waiting for them, remember the guy that got bit and they left? they probably sent back the group we saw. Plus if/when they catch Dwight again, he can report on them. He knows they have a place nearby.

12. jonesy119

jonesy119 New Member

Would've been new fav episode, but ...

There were too many scenes that strained the suspension of disbelief. Here are the 3 most egregious for me:

1. Negan's gang doesn't hear Daryl take out bad guy in the back of tanker

If they had left out Daryl's line, "that he was tougher than he looked" and the wound he suffered (which meant nothing to the scene) than I'd be okay with it. Hardly difficult to believe Daryl would get the jump on that guy and kill him covertly is it?

2. Group would've been swarmed under when battling walkers in the streets

This one's really bad because it's wholly inconsistent with how we know the walkers behave from, well, the start of the series; in fact, they showed us exactly how they would act when Glenn saves Maggie. He WAS getting swarmed exactly how we would expect the walkers to do it. The same thing would've happened to everyone else.

It reminded me of 70s Kung Fu movies when the hero is taking on 10 guys at once, yet only actually fights one at a time.

3. Sam's "Mom" at the end of season 8 was COMPLETELY dishonest

This one's unforgivable to me, because by using that cliffhanger, TWD is telling the audience it's going to mean something when the show starts again. So what happened? They completely ignored it! They treated it as if it never happened.

To be blunt, I felt that was disrespectful to TWD's audience. You'd expect something like that from a show like "Z Nation" maybe, where credibility isn't a top priority, but one of TWD's greatest strengths is getting the audience to believe in a completely unbelievable world. Things like this destroy that.

So I'm both jazzed and a little jaded by last night's episode. They did so many things great and the tension they created had me riveted throughout pretty much the entire episode. But upon reflection I feel a bit let down because of the so obviously unbelievable scenes.

13. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

It'll be like Full House where there's an entire family living in the attic. Not weird at all.

14. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

I did the same with my son!

15. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I had to Google "Funyuns." :p

16. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I do not feel disrespected in the least. In truth, I, and the majority of peeps who viewed last nights' episode thought it was the best one yet. Kind of makes me wonder if we were watching the same show or how you have made it to Season 7 with such high expectations. I feel the need to clarify a few points though.

1. The gang didn't hear Daryl take out the guy in the back because strangling someone is pretty quiet work. Daryl has proven his stealth and cunning over the seasons. Its more then easy to believe what happened and who is to say HAD there been a commotion, that Negan's gang would have put their money on their guy. After all, he was the one that was armed and he was bigger. On top of that, they were distracted by what was ABOUT to happen with Abe and Sasha,,,and that would be their execution. I am going to say that not hearing a commotion at the back of the truck is a moot point to the scene. It served its purpose and it is more then believable that Daryl with his expertise in tracking and hunting could have dispatched the guy quickly and quietly.

2. Yes the group would have gotten swarmed had they NOT been wearing the walker blood and gut soaked sheets. The only thing that would have drawn attention is them NOT acting like the undead which invariably is what happened when Sam had his freak out and Jessie screamed in anguish thus drawing the walkers to them as you said. For the purpose of the story, masking their scent and moving through the horde quietly has worked before. ie. Glen and Rick in Season 1, Episode 2 and Carol in Season 5, Episode 1 and hell, even Michonne when she first arrived to the prison. In ALL those instances, it worked, why wouldn't it work this time?

3. Seriously? Ok, we were all left wondering about the "Mom" calling in the MSF....but where is the written rule that said they had to follow along that script. Did we really need to hear Rick or Jessie tell him to "shut up". All it did was prolong the inevitable and that was Sam freaking out yet again. I for one am HAPPY they didnt do that there and waited for him to have a flashback to the Carol conversation. That was EPIC and genius IMO. BECAUSE, not one of the others knew that it was the reason why he was freaking out. Maybe it will be addressed later via another Carol confession and maybe not, but the way it played was great.

This was your first post and I will welcome you to the forum but the live reaction thread was hopping last night with people who were awed and hyped after the episode. The majority of us do not need to pick it apart and question each scene or be offended by them. If you are going to go that route, then you may as well be offended over the entire premise of the show as it portrays the dead coming back to life and existing for the sole purpose of eating the living. THAT premise would be the most farfetched to believe but we all come back week after week and Season after Season to see it play out. And we love every minute of it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Hey, ...someone's gotta babysit Lil' Herschel every so often after he arrives !