Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

609 No Way Out Show Some Love and Praise

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by Dnae, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My inner Pollyanna sees great things to praise in the near future

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My inner Pollyanna was spot on in having faith that this would be one of the best of the best

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Killing walkers together appears to be great group therapy!

4. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

For the life of me, I don't understand why the complaints and criticism thread is 4 pages long and we're still on the first. I loved this episode; like, to-the-bone loved it. I'm a sucker for scenes like we had, showing separate groups of people making the decision to make a stand. The night setting made it even more effective for me--the shadows and shades of gray reflected the uncertainty of the situation and of the people involved: do I risk my life and leave my individual home in the belief that a community is worth it?

I also thought the acting was superb. Andy brought it, as usual, as did Danai, Melissa, Benedict, and the rest. I thought there was also a surreal element to it (e.g., hearing Michonne's voice as if from a distance calling for Rick, asking what he was doing) that really resonated with me. This is the night that would change everything; this is the night they would go from retreat to attack and Rick opening that door started it all.

So yeah--I loved it.

5. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

I loved it.

I loved that Father Gabriel, Eugene, and others found the courage to stand up and fight for their home.

I loved that the doctor found herself in the chaos and took control of both her fear and the situation when she needed to.

I hated that the episode seemed like it was really short, because I was enjoying it so much.

6. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Fantastic episode. Well worth the three months of no television.

I also can't understand why there aren't more posts in this thread.

7. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I agree, especially since the "Rate the Episode" thread has people practically orgasming over it.

Two things that I forgot in my first post (and I'm sure there will be others) are: 1. that little moment where Michonne kissed Carl on the forehead and then rushed out to fight beside his father was so beautiful. Those 3 are a family. and 2. when Carl was shot and he turned to face Rick. His quiet "Dad?" was incredibly powerful, more so than any cries or screams. It was like he was just confused, beyond immediate comprehension, and he needed his father to help him understand what had just happened.

8. Terranova

Terranova Member

Fantastic episode!
    And everyone I like has survived!!
    Alexandrians (whats left of them) have shown that they have guts (no pun intended :zombies_lol:). I hope we will see more of Aaron and Heath now, they were invisible in 6A. There are enough red shirts left in church, if more deaths are needed ))
    I was singing this song in the end of the episode:

[video=youtube;Wmc8bQoL-J0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmc8bQoL-J0[/video]

#8 Terranova, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  9. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

That was amazing... I read the reviews others gave, the complaints and criticisms, just in the 'rate the episode' thread (bc I dont read the criticism thread) and I cannot agree with any of them. From start to finish the episode was amazing. Even the Jesse scenes and the flashbacks... someone said they did that because they didnt do a good job building up Rick's relationship with her very well, which is true, but I think it works. I was welling up from the moment Carl handed Judith over to FG. That baby looked terrified! Even the baby can act! They packed so much into 45 minutes and they did a very good job. Cant fault the episode at all. I am glad FG is doing something to try to redeem himself. Eugene, what they seem to be doing with Carol... she's gonna take it hard when she finds out how it went down with Sam. The slower moments didnt ruin the action for me like others were complaining about.

Actually.... only 2 things I found silly... When it went from day to night, I didnt get how that happened, it didnt really fit the timeline to me. Then when Enid went to save Maggie. It just looked like there was a type of walkway that Enid walked on that Maggie could have used to get off the platform, even if it was just to get off the rickety-about-to-fall-down platform. I was welling up when Maggie was watching Glenn get (nearly) swarmed. I had forgotten about Abe, Daryl and Sasha til then with all the other action.

good times...

I cant wait to watch it again tho.

10. sheryden

sheryden Member

So much to love in this episode. A few things before I have to get on with the day:

1. The confrontation at the beginning was fantastic. It's nice to see Daryl with something to do, and loved Abe's "nibble on that" just before the credits.

2.I thought The Scene was done pretty well. I know that Carl's wound seems a bit clean but realistically, they were never going to blow half his face off. It just wouldn't have worked on film on a weekly show.

3.Nice Glenn-Enid moments, though I thought it was a little weird that Glenn mentioned Ty in his little trip down memory lane but not his sister-in-law.

4. Love Carol's immediate take-action mode. Morgan was predictably annoying, but their dynamic is intriguing, and I'll be watching to see how it pans out.

5. Loved Abe's "Can you get the gate? Appreciate it, pal" after he and Sasha mowed down the Walkers.

6. I loved all the Alexandrians coming out to help. I had pictured this scene in my head a lot, but it turned out way better than I had imagined.

7. Loved Rick's bedside monologue.

11. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Checking the initial reviews on-line, and I'm surprised how many are negative or "meh". I really liked the episode, and thought any complaints would be more nit picking than major.

12. ColorsVersatile

What I liked best in this episode was Alpha Wolf's redemption.

No only he didn't kill anyone since Morgan captured him... but he may very well have saved Denise's life.
    I know some people are going to tell me that he is an insane killer, he (most likely) initially planned to use her to save his ass, he put her into this situation in the first place etc etc...
    Maybe.
    But something obviously snapped in his head, and even after being shot by Carol, we could see him holding walkers away from Denise. And Carol seemed a bit confused by his behaviour like "what is he doing?"

I have always been with Morgan on this. People can change... for the worst or the best.

That would be nice if we could have a "bad guy" turning into a "good guy" at some point in this show. I had sliiiightly hoped for Alpha Wold to be that guy, to be honest with you.

13. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

this right here, I thought for sure right after 'Maggie's dad' "and her sister Beth" would be there too, found it really odd because she was close to Glenn and Maggie, and then to mention Tyrese instead? WTF? But for sure there was a lot of people getting to start over in this episode, in fact i think everyone is starting over. I think everyone has a whole new outlook now, which will play into the new direction they are taking the show, everything is about to change.

14. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I liked that the episode didnt just focus on a few of the major characters. They all had something I found interesting.

15. batongal

batongal Active Member

Loved the scene of the group and the alexandrians going out and mowing down the walkers as a cohesive unit. Callback to the prison takeover amped x1000. Loved Rick at Carl's bedside telling him he finally feels hope that was a WOW moment for me.
    I just love frickin' Abe period. Daryl seems to be back on point thank you.

16. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Too many things to list really and has done better above.

Highlights for sure are the Rick monologue, Glenn's list, and Abe of course. Probably the 2nd best episode of the series. I still have to list S1 Ep 1 as the best. :)

17. TWDCanDance

TWDCanDance Member

I couldn't agree more - those "quiet" moments of Carl's "dad?" and Michonne kissing Carl's forehead were profound and reminders that this show IS the best on TV.

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

If I were to recount all the bits and pieces of this episode that I liked/loved then I would basically be re-hashing the script scene for scene. It was an all around great episode with a baby hiccup or two.

A few moments that I have not been able to shake as of yet.....

The little boy walker that Sam sees walking/ambling/stumbling away. I thought this was a subtle jolt and I found it more creepy that we were only allowed to view this child walker as he was walking away from the camera. This is one of those moments where less is more, at least from my point of view it was more effective.

When Carl hands Judith over to Gabriel - the look of complete fear and anxiety on Rick's face. If there were an Emmy category for "Best Performance by Facial and Eye Expressions Only in a Drama Series" Andrew Lincoln would win every single damn year!

That image of Carl slowly raising his head (after being shot) and quietly calling "Dad?" - wow, just wow. Beautifully filmed. Chandler nailed it in giving us the front row seat to viewing his minds reaction of not being able to grasp what has just happened to him

[​IMG]

Michonne kissing Carl on the forehead....nothing else needs to be said

[​IMG]

Michonne knowing that she had to be out there with Rick....again, nothing else needs to be said

The lead savior guy....who is this actor? My god, he had me laughing my ass off with his line delivery. Kudos sir, kudos to you for giving us a very memorable character that only graced our screens for mere minutes.

Seeing Aaron and Heath in this episode was enough to make me giddy with delight!

And (at least for now) last but def not least, I am left with a dark feeling in the pit of my stomach. That moment at the end of the cold opening where we see the blood on the wings of Daryl's iconic vest - I cannot put my finger on just why that image has left such an impression on me, a dark impression at that. I just have this hollow feeling in my stomach that this is somehow a sign of Daryl's fate. I know there are several members of this forum who are quite vocal on their desire to see the story arc of Daryl come to a close. I cannot share in their enthusiasm though I will accept the fate that Mr. Gimple sees fit to hand to any of the characters - trusting that he knows a bit more about story building than I do and certainly has a better grasp on what direction he is taking the series. And sadly I do believe that there is a 50-50 shot that this could actually be the last season of our archer.

#18 Dnae, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  19. Herchel25

Herchel25 New Member

I agree with everything you have said. I wonder IF we will ever get to see Deanna as a walker.

20. greatdanechick

greatdanechick New Member

I really liked it too!

1) I said in another thread too, but I loved the evolution of Denise. She has continuously grown this season. Something seemed to click for her and now she isn't just existing but is actively helping secure her place. She is needed and valued, and now she knows it.

2) Tara lived! Haha! A huge sense of relief takes over every week she is still breathing. What can I say? I crush on her hard :) Please let these ladies kiss it out next week!

3) I am waiting to read the comics until the show is over as to not spoil too much. I feel like I'm in some kind of club now that Carl's eye is gone. I don't know how it compares to the comic, but I thought it was well done.

4) TWD balls are back! I had a feeling Jessie wouldn't live too long, but I did not see them killing the whole family all in one shot! Much less staring with the youngest who was literally eaten out of his mother's arms. Whoa.

5) and finally I'll end with a laugh as I rewatch Daryl blow everything away. Hahaha! He didn't have a lot of screen time, but dang he made it count haha!