Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

609 No Way Out Show Some Love and Praise

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by Dnae, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Its because she has to put in her "i hate Rick and every decision he makes" opinion everywhere. Most of her posts should come with a roll of toilet paper - and not the Charmin either,,,the cheap stuff. She will look for the negative in everything and counter any positive or praising post with her self serving campaign and yes, using her mini essays that say a whole lot about nothing. I can rip apart every comment she's made but in actuality, she's getting boring now. Keep on g/f. : )

• Like Like x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Sometimes I like writing mini essays. I'm positive about that.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

You like dancing movies? Have to wait a minute or so in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3anbe8Gj5j0

4. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

[​IMG]
    Absolutely loved it! It was everything I hoped it would be, of course it had minor issues but nothing is perfect!
    Pretty excited for the rest of the season as it might become my favorite!

5. BlackDove

BlackDove New Member

Hi. First reply to a thread! New member today.

My absolute favorite part of this show was the Denise/Wolf scenes. For me, even though everyone else (essentially) was out and going balls to the wall crazy...putting an end to the worst ...what?...2 days of their lives; still Denise was the badass of this episode for me!!!

She is just a regular, ordinary girl. And she was having some serious panic about every thing that went down with the Wolves already, and then she finds herself locked in a room with one of them, kidnapped at gun point, and taken through a sea of Walkers. She is having a seriously bad day!

And her shaking and breathing while hiding with the Wolf was great. You could almost feel it yourself, her trying to fight her own panic and worry and fear. That moment she sort of gets a hold of herself and almost says "oh ****" I loved that! And then for her to break free from her own self-doubts and take absolute control over the situation in the infirmary was the best. How she just started barking orders! How she got firm with telling Michonne to stay a couple more seconds and Michonne gives her that quick glance that acknowledges that she has it handled. I hope Denise sticks around! She was even bold enough to plant the first kiss on Tara before! Our main characters have almost taken on this super human hero quality lately, and she is is so relatable. She wasn't out there hacking through a sea of Walkers, but watching her fight her own fear and take charge was so nice to see. And it was great to see the Wolf save her, and her trying to save him. She even took charge over his situation as well. She's for sure becoming my favorite Alexandrian.

I think it was right for Carol to shoot him based on what he did just the day before, but when he threw himself on that Walker to give Denise a clear gap, and Carol seemed aware of that. I really hope we see a better Carol from now on! Morgan is right and not-right at the same time! Both Morgan and Carol need to balance their extreme views.

I also loved that all the characters came together to fight for their town. That sequence of them fighting was gorgeous. And the walkers falling into the burning lake was a well-done eerie shot too. When Jessie died, I think it would have been a bit more moving if they somehow blended a Lori flashback with a Jessie flashback. I always thought that was what Jessie represented to Rick. He lost Lori, and Jessie seemed like someone he could try again with. When he was just saying no no over and over, I felt like he was losing Lori all over again too. And Eugene taking control of his self and overcoming his fear. Father Gabriel overcoming his fear. Enid overcoming hers. Even little Sam tried to overcome his fear, tried his best.

I have my nit-picky complaints of course, but I'll take them to the other thread. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Hey, @BlackDove, welcome to the board! I love your observations about Denise, esp. the part about her being relatable. I think one of the roles that the Alexandrians play in the storyboard is not only to show the gulf b/w what our gang has been through and what other, more sheltered places have experienced, but also give us folks in whom we can see some more of ourselves. I suspect that each of us wonders how we would stack up in a genuine crisis, whether it be the ZA or a bank robbery. Like you, I loved take-charge Denise in the infirmary with Carl: let's face it, Michonne would not be an easy person to over-rule, especially in a situation where Michonne so desperately wants to be out there helping Rick. But Denise stood her ground and probably won the matter by pointing out, "And this is his son." Now I just want her to get some lovin' time with Tara.

I like your point about Carol, too; like you, I think she realized in the moment that maybe there had been some change in him, but while people are debating whether Carol has gone too far in general, I think in that scene she would have no reason to do anything else: this person took Denise out with a knife at her throat into a sea o' walkers. She's also watched Tara agonizing about that fact for the last few hours.

Yeah, this whole episode gave me lots of feels, and the night shooting just blew me away; like, RPG-to-the-gut blew away.

Great post!

#46 WalkingBuckeye, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  7. chesflick

chesflick New Member

There's so many damn loaded scenes in this that build up on the climax.. I'll detail what brought the cold water inside me to a boil

[1] Introduction scene the subtle 'if you have to eat shit, best not to nibble. Bite, chew, swallow and repeat'
    [1.5] The Jessie scene with the flashbacks was nice, but I couldn't empathize with her enough despite the whole Rick saving her ass from that relationship
    [2] Carl's eye.. I have to say..they did a good job with that scene. It wasn't as if Carl's heads swivelled after the gun went off..it was a subtle twist of the head - meaning Michonne was the first to see it..She knows split seconds before Rick does..
    [3] The Big Bad Wolf saves Little Red Riding Hood - a little twist on the fairy tale here
    [4] Self-destructive, nihilist Rick losing his grip on life as he walks out that door
    [5] "Group Therapy" , very well-put
    [5.5] Glenn to the rescue, was a nice little bonus to this - he's sticking around for a while - with Uncle Sam and his one-liners
    [6] The River of Styx
    [7] Rick's speech.. Carl let me show you the new world
    [8] The wrap around..

Wrap those up in a nice little present and it will make the normal Walking Dead fan cheer! I can't express how well it was built up to a great mid-season premiere

Now I can sit back...relax and enjoy

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

The best dance ever, known as the "you sonuvabitch."
    [​IMG]

9. SerenityNowGirl

SerenityNowGirl New Member

I've had a couple of days to let things settle in and to re-watch this episode (I always seem to miss things during a first-watch). I thought it was spectacular. My favorite scenes were the opening when Daryl got his mitts on that RPG and smoked the Saviors, and the end scenes where Crazy Prison Rick went nuts, and his crew, and the remaining Red Shirts joined him.

I have to say, when I read the nit-picking in this particular thread, I pick up on the things people are pointing out. BUT. I'm glad they are re-directed to the criticism thread, AND I want to express that in order to truly enjoy both TWD, and other shows/movies, I have to suspend ridiculous amounts of disbelief. Everything isn't going to make total sense, day will turn to night in seconds, inexperienced cowards will become heroes... It's just the way fiction works. I watch TV to escape all the mundane minutiae and analysis-paralysis of every day life. I can't always bring that level of nit-picking to my television-viewing. I prefer to be somewhat PollyAnn'ish and just sit back and enjoy the ride. That doesn't mean I don't have my gripes. But I just want to enjoy this show, which I do very much. It helps when I don't overthink it too much. ;)

10. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

[Maggie] Who? [/Maggie]

11. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

maybe Glenn didn't mention Beth because he's going to be seeing her soon...

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

6 weeks 4 days?

13. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Carl losing his eye was one of the most shocking things I've felt from the show in awhile. Not a comic reader but was aware this happened in the book, just didn't really count on them including it. It stunned me almost as much as Hershel's death, which I can't underscore enough, literally did not see coming at all.
    Had I not been aware of Carl's eye loss through other sources, this may have even topped Hershel's death in terms of shock.
    Rick's expression as Jessie gets taken. For a moment he was gone...that look of desperation, disbelief, defeat...got me right in the feelz
    Jessie's dead! Yay!
    Michonne's effortless badassery combined with her sweet kiss to Carl, followed by her unquestioning loyalty to Rick by following him out that door
    Carol shooting the Wolf. Because that's what needed to happen. Even if he was kinda nice to Denise...while he kidnapped her at gunpoint... after killing and mutilating her fellow Alexandrians ...and promising to kill the rest of them...including children...before attacking Morgan...and getting ready to kill all 3 of them in that room before Tara, Rosita and Eugene disrupted him. Yes, he needed to die. Thank you Carol. Again.
    And Jessie is dead! Yay. Again.

14. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

My guess is my name tells you what my favorite part was... BAD ASS EPISODE!

15. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I loved that episode - especially Denise was great. She is really growing on me. Gabriel's way to redemtion was nice to watch too.
    And yay for Aaron surviving (but did I miss something? Where is his boyfriend? I think, I have to rewatch the first half of the season, I always forgetting some things with those long pauses)

Although I was never a fan of Jessie and her family, I was shocked, when they died (and I even know, it was coming from the comics). I really felt with little Sam - his scenes did show, how double scary the zombie apocalypse must be for kids. Carl was forced to grow up so fast, being on teh run from day 1 and so it was nice, to get a pov from a kid, who until now, did not have to endure the Walkers much.

Darryl could have used a match for lighting the lake, but I can udnerstand that the flamethrower was just so much more interesting :shining:

Edit: sorry, I don't mean flamethrower - rocket launcher is the correct term, isn't it? (Sorry, I'm not a native english speaker)

#55 fylimar, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  16. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I'm pretty sure Eric (Aaron's partner) came out to help fight, with another Alexandrian, near the end.

17. Feisty

Feisty New Member

The star of the show... Daryl with his grenade launcher.. " son of a bitch was tougher than he looked" and it just got better with the one liners all the way through

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Eric and Olivia were the first Alexandrians (well the first after Aaron and Heath) to run out and help Rick with his maniacal slaughter of the walkers. He lived to see another day

19. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

First time

Hey you guys. This is my first time posting. So tons of love to my fellow walking dead brothers and sisters.
    first off: this was one of the best episodes ever. If was one of the most accurate episodes to comics. It's so great to see the comics come to life.
    i have two bbig concerns; that RPG would not have killed all of those saviorers and seemed unreal also having a lake on fire Wit ha community of houses is absurd. But I loved the episode.

20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Come back around early May. We will play with you. ;)