Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[610] Praise The Next World with some Love

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by Dnae, Feb 20, 2016.

1. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I liked how Enid wanted to go back to ASZ. As if Maggie's talk with her was having an effect. Would have liked another scene between them at the end of episode to tie that up.

2. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

Is in clear that Enid live in the same house as Glen and Maggie?

3. sheryden

sheryden Member

Now that I'm awake, caffeinated, and home from work, I wanted to comment a bit more on the episode.

First of all, I loved the overall upbeat feel of this episode. The little family moment at the beginning (Rick and Michonne had way more patience with Carl and that stupid ball than I did). And Judith is so freaking adorable.

The episode had the perfect balance of humor, character development and interaction, and little signs of background life - just people going about their days, cleaning up the community.

Speaking of character interaction, I really enjoyed the back and forth between Daryl and Denise. "What the hell is pop?" I loved how she was just going on and on about how it wasn't a priority and she didn't want to be a bother, and Daryl still made a special point to really try and come through for her. I love how invested he gets in doing little acts of kindness for the people around him. And how much do I love Denise now? So much. I'll be gutted if anything happens to her. (And yes, I know. It's inevitable.)

The Eugene moment was also quite funny. I'd love to see him interact with the boys more often.

Rick, what is that music?

The star of this show for me was the interaction between Daryl and Rick. The actors have such amazing chemistry together that is a joy to watch them play off each other. I'm liking the way their perspectives have switched since the first episode of this season. It'll be interesting to see how that evolves. After watching them in this episode, I'm guessing that this isn't the first time they've had this conversation since the Wolves, the Saviors, and the walker herd. I have to wonder how much Daryl told Rick about Dwight. Did he tell him that he let himself be optimistic and let his guard down, and his trust was betrayed? Or did he just say a couple of people took his stuff? And goodness. They make drinking Orange Crush sexy. Not to mention sharing a candy bar. This episode was so much fan service. :)

I'm still undecided about the casting of Jesus. I like him well enough, I guess. I did like his interaction with the boys, though. And he did make Rick and Daryl run. I enjoyed that, so that's a bonus point. And Daryl's frustration with him was hysterical. I could see them becoming good friends eventually.

Random moments I enjoyed:

"Do you even have any ammo?" Bang.

"Duck." Bang "Thanks. That's MY gun."

I'm not as excited about the romance stuff as most, but Rick and Michonne were inevitable. It works.

4. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Back to the walking dead we know and love, this ep had all the elements that hooked me from the start.

5. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

Jesus is a very important character in the comics and opening the story for the next season and half (assuming season 7 ends at the end of the war). I think he was testing Rick and Daryl. He was observing them and seeing if they could be trusted and if they could be brought be back to the Hill Top. Daryl and Jesus are very similar characters, they are both trusting and are recruiters and also super bad ass. He added a ton of humor to the episode.

6. lovethishow

lovethishow Member

Everything Carl, Michonne, Rick.

When the episode first started.. Michonne in her towel joking with the boys about toothpaste, I thought they were a couple and the scene was going to end with them kissing. And I was dissapointed it didn't happen.

Then that tender moment with Carl and Michonne...

Then that VERY tender moment with Rick Michonne...

They could be a family and it's beautiful.

I feel like they've probably had these feelings for each other for a long time, but they haven't had the time or energy to even try to think about it or pursue it. Its always been about survival and everything else came second. Now that they don't have to worry about getting eaten or finding water and shelter 24/7, it gave them a chance to actually FEEL again. Its just amazing.

#26 lovethishow, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  7. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Oh Lordy,
    Praise be.
    jesus and richonne in the same episode?
    i am overcome....

#27 Toothpick, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  8. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

@batongirl and [MENTION=76722]Spartangal22[/MENTION]--re: the interaction b/w Daryl and Denise, esp. the little flailing action: [MENTION=89751]calliope[/MENTION] made an excellent point in Denise's thread: here are 2 people who for different reasons often feel uncertain around other people and who have usually felt on the outside of the mainstream: Daryl by virtue of socio-economic status; Denise by virtue of being a lesbian, and one who has panic attacks. (I loved when she said she wasn't good at "this kind of stuff.") In the Before Times, I doubt their paths would even had crossed. But here was Denise, so worried about being a bother but willing to risk it b/c she wants to do something sweet for Tara; and Daryl, who sorta watched her ramble on but later made a point of trying to get the pop. (Yes, I said it: the POP!)

9. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Is Enid going to be Spohia?

I'm so happy, too! Lots of relationship moments - which I've been pissy about not happening - hallelujah!
    I've been dreaming of this for 2 seasons!

10. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

What if Jesus and Daryl become a thing? I mean Daryl has not had any love interests in the show at all. He could be batting for the other team and in the comics Jesus is gay... Would the fan girls love or hate that?

11. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I don't know. Some would, some wouldn't, I'd guess. This fan girl would be delighted!!

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

So much to love about this episode. My first watch was with my daughters and what I assume is a cruel genetic joke they inherited their father's inability to keep their pie holes closed while watching television or a movie. So I had to "force" myself to watch it again last night!

Little (subtle) pieces that I loved:

Rick's smile while preparing to leave on his run with Daryl

Judith and her red dixie cups!

Speaking of Judith - that scene with Carl on the porch, man oh man the feels people, the feels! That was so damn sweet!!

Daryl's hand gestures when chatting with Denise - so cute!

Rick and Michonne kissing - to be exact, that moment when Rick leans away from her (and the camera) and she tilts her head ever so slightly toward the camera and has this smile on her face that seems to say "I really cannot believe this is happening". What I want to know, what was Rick doing in that instant????

Jesus tied up and as Daryl walks away he shakes head as if to say "silly boys, they have no idea what I am capable of"

Actual moments that I loved:

Carl telling Michonne that she is loved, that she is his family and that he would do whatever he needed, to be that person who takes care of her in life or in death

Carl already giving Judith lessons on survival - i.e. get lost, follow the north star

Rick in running mode

Carl realizing what Spencer was trying to do and helping him in realizing that final moment with his mom. No fanfare, no kudos needed, Carl just doing what he deemed as the right thing for someone who finds himself in a similar situation as he was in when his mom died.

Honestly, anytime Jesus was on screen I was a giggling, jumping up and down fan! As much as I have been waiting for Richonne, and as beautifully as they presented that moment I was in all honesty more excited for the introduction of Jesus and I was not disappointed!

And of course the scene with Rick and Michonne - something that has been in the making since AT LEAST season 4. I was worried that it would feel glossed over, hurried. Thankfully my fears would put to rest. Their relationship has been building and growing towards this moment for at least 2.5 seasons. No great discussion between the two of them was needed, no grand gestures needed to drive the point home. Just two people who care for one another very deeply, two people who trust one another without any doubts, two people who have the same goals, two people who are individually capable of being in the fight and together damn near (not absolute) unstoppable finally realizing how deep those feelings actually were for one another. And I did not understand how TPTB were going to illustrate how they were both "surprised" by the kiss but they did it - well played!

Did I mention anytime Jesus was on screen?

Especially when he calmly told Daryl "duck" and then proceeded to save his ass

And of course "Rick....Rick wake up, we need to talk"

Last but not least - naked Rick. I will not go into the complaint thread to simply post my one complaint with this episode - why the hell in the last two scenes of naked Rick have we not been presented with a full on naked butt shot? Now THIS would be "fan service" I could live with!!

13. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

This tumblr user removed the background music which makes it easier to hear what he's saying as well as all the…sounds. I've watched it about 500 times. Before she laughs, he says something to the effect of "Wait a minute, I have something between my legs and I need to get it out". We all know it's your Python, Rick <3

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh holy chit man, I cannot wait to have a minute or ten or fifty to take a listen!!!!

15. VickGrimes

Enjoy! I heard it's best to listen with headphones so you can hear everythang ;)

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

SQUEEEEEEE this is how it should have been shown...sans music!

17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

He really is saying that! I thought you were joking at first...that's great.

18. VickGrimes

I know, I love how intimate it is between them! I'm sure that they were just filming their natural interaction with each other and Andy whispered that knowing it would be covered by music. And Danai's laugh is just so perfect, I love these two together.

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yeah with the music over top, her smile and laugh seemed so natural and now i see why!

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly