Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[611] Complaint and Criticisms!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 611 - Knots Untie' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 26, 2016.

1. batongal

batongal Active Member

My only complaint: Carl needed some compassion from Rick at the point of admission that kid with a messed up face wouldn't make the best first impression anyway. Come on Rick, hugs are free. jeez.

2. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

The show is getting dumber by the episode. Lazy writing, poor directing, and producers that do not care. Really tired of the fake surprises and cliff hangers. This show is becoming a soap opera.

Clip with Sasha and Abraham was useless. If they were close, Sasha wouldn't have waited to tell Abraham that tomorrow she was starting a new job. Another cheesey cliffhanger that meant nothing.

Clip with Rosita and Abraham was pointless. Just pointless "FillHer".

Trying to figure out how the car crashed in an empty parking lot. Really?

The entire scene in this building/doctor's office had my head scratching. These people are stealth enough to drive outside of the walls, but they had to hide behind office chairs? Made absolutely no since. While I am at it, how did they get to those chairs without passing by the zombies in the first place?

Rick was made to look dumb again. Traveling down the road and you couldn't tell that there was deep mud there that you were going to get stuck in? Really? Another pointless scene until Jesus saves the day. "It is OK. We are here" Let's have a party.

Spear Chuckers? Wouldn't they be better off holding guns that weren't loaded instead of a spear? I would be more afraid of a gun that I didn't know was loaded than I would be afraid of a spear.

If the Hilltoppers could see for miles from the building, why were they surprised when asked to open the gate?

Tired of cliffhangers. This show is better off binge watching. Think I should just skip an entire season and watch all at once on Netflix. Finding out a lot of shows are better off binge watching. Breaking Bad, Arrow, Flash, Sons of Anarchy, and Walking Dead. The corny cliff hangers aren't so corny when you binge watch.

3. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

So nobody ever asked why the Hilltop peoples car crashed.

Rick agrees to take out Negan and takes half the Hilltop supplies, then goes back to ASZ and tells them it has to be a group decision? So they basically are like most corrupt contractors, they got some sucker to pay in full up front.

Rick has his gun but decides to tackle the giant guy with a knife that just stabbed Gregory.

Rick agrees to take out Negan's gang knowing almost nothing about him. Remember the "I have a tank" line. They are near Washington DC, plenty of military equipment there for Negan to have taken.

Was anybody gonna ask "Where is Negan's camp".

Kinda strange Jesus steals their truck full of food and then offers to bargain with them for food.

4. J K

J K Member

That opening scene with Abe and Sasha was horrid, absolutely cringe worthy forced drivel. Did I miss something, is she being reassigned overseas? OMG Abe will never see her again!!! . . . unless he walks across the street lol.

5. UndeadMauldo

UndeadMauldo Member

I think Z-Nation would be a better fit for most of you. I couldn't past 4 episodes of it.

6. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

FWIW, my "not enough Rick" complaint is always super-serious, but since it's logged before the episode airs, I guess I'm one of the immature juveniles that annoys all the complainers who complained about all the fake complaints in last week's complaint thread. It really hurts one of my feelings.

7. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Bad deal!

First posting here from a WD fan from the first episode. I've lurked the forums for a couple months, but HAD to finally commit to posting today after watching that awful negotiation go down.

What SHOULD have happened. (I'll try to keep this concise)

1. The situation: Alexandra group needs food, Hilltop group needs freedom.
    2. Offer what they don't have - guns, ammo, and experienced combat training. Give Hilltop a fighting chance at freedom from the "Saviors". Heck, even offer to league with them and team up against the "Saviors".
    2. In exchange, get an immediate supply, and an agreement for long term trade contract upon the defeat of the "Saviors". (an open ended discount that other surviving groups would not enjoy - unless they too united with the coalition fight)

WHY IN HECK did anyone think it was good negotiations to just be the mercenaries of Hilltop? Then replace the resentment of the Saviors (for taking half), with a resentment of Alexandra (for doing the same)?

No no no. Just no.

Hilltop needs to earn it's freedom. Their asses need to be on the line. They will value their freedom from the "Saviors" more, and value the alliance with Alexandra more.

8. Kevin7

Kevin7 New Member

I'll agree with that. Seems like Gregory just exchanged one established overlord for one they know nothing about. Granted we the audience know Rick's group is good, but Gregory doesn't have anything further than a few minutes of conversation and Jesus vouching for them. Now he agreed to giving half of what they have to a fully armed group miles away. Hilltop just can't come and retrive it with their spears, and if Rick's group broke the deal, the only chance they'd have is to enlist the saviors to get their stuff back owing Negan further. No way Gregory would have agreed to that so easily.

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Agree Why not have skin in the game themselves?
    Rick knows all too well that Fighters are made and not born into the Apocalypse and he just proved this with his own new "Family" in Alexandria but now he just hires them out to do the Hilltops bidding?
    I realize he thinks that a pre emptive first strike is what they need to achieve to secure their own safety but almost everything about the chain of events in this episode and the way they reacted to the outcomes seems to rub me the wrong way and screams that they are being set up and fed to these new wolves!

Gregory clearly is Negans Bitch and Negan is real yet somehow Rick has decided without really checking it out that they can take them down despite the way things have gone down when they have attacked other groups in the past.

Not much about this one makes much sense to me except that I understand it is following the comics more closely as weeks pass?

I am just frustrated with this whole thing.

10. cycles

cycles Member

I agree but I also think that Rick's poor judgement propels the story. He makes terrible decisions that endanger his people. Then he inspires them to fight their way out of it. It's not great storytelling but it always leads to exciting future episodes.

11. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Damn. My bad. I thought that was like a funny thing posters did in the complaints thread. I lurked for about two years and thought that was more of a tradition of sorts before the episode aired. I had received some likes for a few joke complaints in some 6A complaint threads to, so I honestly didn't know.

I hadn't noticed if that was upsetting people, but noticed I received my first dislike today for doing so. I'm new here, but I guess I won't do that anymore if the consensus is that it's super annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JMac

JMac Member

I don't know what's going on anymore and I don't know if it umm like it, like like it enough to still watch it... Or if it's just where the story is at right now or what.. It seem lost it's punch, it's excitement or something. Now they just go from one big moment... Two-three or more bottle episodes, to another big moment. The flow of the show seems either pushed at times or too slow.

Because I am also a comic reader I saw the whole picture last night, of where this was/is leading us, but still, they seem to be cutting some major corners. We saw this in the episode before as well. Not letting the Sam talking play out in the beginning where they left off, it being day to night, dropping the Carol Morgan drama... Last night it was more of the same. The whole car accident scene saving those hilltop people was confusing and didn't make sense. Thee only reason for all of that that I can gather is to introduce an ob/gyn. Then the mud! Getting stuck in a foot deep mud puddle, like no one saw that coming- then magically the rv is out of the mud- with no mud on it!?? Did anyone else notice that?? Also this take on Negans group, let's do it! That's that.

I juzt really really really hope they don't spend the rest of this season playing out that drama for five more episodes till we finally get an intro last episode! It will just be bottle episode after bottle episode... Of where's these Saviors, let's get em, etc., oh last episode here they are!! I don't really know how to explain it... Stalling I guess is a good word... Stalling for the sake of suspense, because it's not suspenseful. What happens is we get 5-6 espisodes of barely good drama and cliff hangers for the sake of cliff hangers, and not much else...

I just have have a lil gripe with this season, some people have their favs and worst. This is my worst season... I still have hope tho.

13. VickGrimes

I don't think the consensus is that it's super annoying, and yes, it is a bit of tradition to post some silly fake complaints ahead of the episode because people are bored. With the amount of stupid posts I see around this forum, it is just as annoying to see people complaining about something so trivial when it's obvious the fake complaints are all in good fun. Not everyone can see the humor, and that's fine. This week was the first time I've ever seen dislikes on the fake complaints, but that's not going to stop me.

14. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Two things:

1. It can be difficult to tell sometimes, but Westwingnut was definitely joking.

2. Wear your dislikes as a badge of honor. If you aren't getting any dislikes, you're doing it wrong. I enjoy making a good post that earns me a green bar of likes... But it's when I earn a dislike that I'm really having fun.

15. VickGrimes

I consider dislikes a sign of love. I got almost all of mine from the same three douchebags.

16. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

My my my, whoever could you be referring to?

17. VickGrimes

Were your ears burning, douchebag numero uno?

18. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Here you go, have one <3. It's out of love.

19. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

You summoned me with talk of dislikes. Which earns you another dislike ;)

20. VickGrimes

Right back atcha! <333