Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[611] Knots Untie, Rate the Damn Thing!!

Discussion in 'Episode 611 - Knots Untie' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 26, 2016.

?

Rate the Mother Richard!

1. 10

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. 9

16 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 8

20 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. 7

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 6

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. My panties are in a total knot over this shyte.

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  10. I'm knot thawing Reuben balls for this show ever again.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Do knot get tongue tied! Rate it!!

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I give it a 9, how could I knot?

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Nine. One thing I thought was a bit contrived was that they decided to introduce Harlan as being one of the survivors they saved on the road. Maggie is pregnant and they happen to rescue an OB/GYN in route?. I think it might have been more believable if one of the people she rescued said "oh, we have an obstetrician back in our community". But not a big deal. Overall great episode.

4. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Very solid set up episode.. Gotta love Rick F'ing Grimes walking into a new community and kicking Ass. Definitely a solid 9.

5. cycles

cycles Member

7. I had a few concerns with contrived plot points during the episode but it ended well. The preview of next weeks episode was excellent.

6. LilaLurker

LilaLurker New Member

I rated the episode a 7. As a reader of the comic, I understand the need for these explanatory episodes, but it seemed a little disjointed. I hope we get to see Negan soon!

7. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I probably agree with IGN's review that it was a nine... But I voted 10 simply because I'm a fanboy and f*ck the people who voted 6.

8. MegaMattMKV

MegaMattMKV Member

I was super happy with this one again. That's 3 great episodes in a row. The Walking Dead is back to Season 3 form, or in my opinion above it now. The first half of the season was good but a bit clunky and had a few annoying quibbles (Glenn's 'scene' most of all), but dear goodness has this show hit it's stride.

We got a new community that is a very interesting contrast, new characters, and some very funny and heartfelt moments between the characters, especially Abraham who is one of my top few on the show. Loved it, 9 or a 10 for me.

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I liked the episode. Good job on the casting of Gregory. Enjoyed the way the Hilltop was unveiled and how they are building up the suspense for Negan. My only problem was how Rick suggested that Maggie be the person to negotiate with Gregory. That's not something he's ever done before and it came out of left field. They wanted to give her character more prominence and build up her future role, but I think it would have made more sense if Gregory had been the one to approach her, circumventing Rick himself. Otherwise I really liked the last two episodes. Best run since 601 & 602.

10. Melo

Melo Active Member

i was hoping for some rosita ass but it was an awesome episode!

11. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

[​IMG]

1/10

I wish they would stop using so much music.
    And wtf @ Ricks group getting their ass kicked by Negans people. Rick even gets a knive at his throat. Abraham getting choked. Hilltop members all looking shocked. lol just lol.

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

#12 Dnae, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I must suffer from "cannot walk and chew bubble gum at the same time syndrome". Last night while watching and posting in live reaction thread the episode seemed a bit off to me. But rather than jump the gun I decided to re-watch the episode this morning. And yes, it is now evident to me that participating in the live reaction thread is, for me personally, problematic. The second watch of the episode removed that niggling in the back of my mind that the episode felt disjointed. I would say that I lean more to an 8.5 rating but for the sake of the poll will round up to a 9

14. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

You really are a f*cking moron, aren't you?

15. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

This episode was amazing. It took two issues of the comic and put it on screen. And the hilltop looks exactly like it does in the comics just a bit smaller than I imagined.

16. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

This episode was a solid 8. Much better than the previous two.

17. Kevin7

Kevin7 New Member

So are we rating this compared to other TWD episodes, or are we rating this compared to other shows out there? Because a bad episode of TWD is better than most other shows... even those in the same genre. Tried watching Z Nation the other day. OMG is was laughable funny. If that's what they were going for then great job. I'll rate this weeks episode a nine no matter what the comparative measurement is. While not the most action packed, we got new characters, a new goal, more character development, and new one-liners (I see a case of pancake mix in Abraham's future from the good people at Bisquik... spill it as you see fit my good man). All in all a good episode moving the story forward.

18. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Good episode. Enjoyed it and gave it a 9. Happy to see a "bigger world"-- the first steps to re-civilization. It's sort of like the Wild West. Somebody has to take on the outlaws. Who better to lead the charge than a "law man" like Rick. Although he's sometimes been chomping at the bit to be a bad guy, for the most part he is indignant, decisive with a no-mercy attitude toward really bad guys: like the Dave-Tony-Randall Philly maurauders (S2), like the Governor (S3), like the Governor version 2 (one eye Bri) (S3), Joe's guys (S4), the Termites (S5). Recall how Rick wanted to go back and finish them because he was so indignant that evil guys like that should get to live? No one wanted to, until the Bad Guys were back again. The sadistic Wolves needed to die -- fortunately Carol was there and of that mindset.

So, while I think Rick sometimes gets a little too big for his britches- he's 100% correct on this one. Sooner or later, Negan will starve out and kill the Hilltoppers and will likely be after ASZ in the not so far away future as well. Darryl, Sasha and Abraham only beat his motorcycle posse because of the good fortune of having found an RPG launcher with RPG's and Darryl's skill at using it. They have to take Negan out if they want to survive. Somebody has to bring some "law & order" to the ZA, and it might as well be Rick's group. That's not to say, as Maggie acknowledged and they all must, there won't be a price, maybe a heavy one. It's the same price good people have paid for "freedom" as long as human kind has existed.

On a lighter note: Gregory's demand that they all clean up before coming in cracked me up. Ouch. Our guys and gals -- especially Rick's gang more so than the ASZerians -- really do look filthy. And oh, p.s. -- can't Rick find a pair of jeans somewhere that don't have a baggy bottom -- borrow a pair of Carl's jeans or something? Can't Rick use a little of Carl's shampoo or whatever he's using that his hair is almost always squeaky clean and shiny?

This episode was very good story telling.

19. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

mostly for Abraham and magpies performances. We got to hilltop and learnt more about Megan, "right off the bat"

20. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

On a lighter note: Gregory's demand that they all clean up before coming in cracked me up. Ouch. Our guys and gals -- especially Rick's gang more so than the ASZerians -- really do look filthy. And oh, p.s. -- can't Rick find a pair of jeans somewhere that don't have a baggy bottom -- borrow a pair of Carl's jeans or something? Can't Rick use a little of Carl's shampoo or whatever he's using that his hair is almost always squeaky clean and shiny?

This episode was very good story telling.[/QUOTE]
    Couldn't agree more, I'm sure Rick has a fine ass he's keeping under wraps and for his lady Michonne, good job too consider earring how Jesus was looking at him when he jumped out of bed