Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[612] Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 612 - Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Steppin' Razor

Guys, so what if Abe was surprised? Just cuz he was once military doesn't make him an invincible God, incapable of being snuck up on. Pretty sure military guys are killed in real life all the time.... right...?

You people complain about the group getting through this unscathed, then ALSO bitch that Abe got surprised. Can't have it both ways!

2. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

Perhaps it was all a dream.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I know, right? The last time I heard one biker swearing at another it was more like, "absquatulate, you dad-burned Yankee!"

4. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

There were a lot of people in that TV station. I would have liked to see a bit more of a challenge in taking those guys out. I realize it was just an outpost but for the amount of people that were there it felt way too easy.

The foreshadowing in this episode made me assume two things, Glenn and Carol are both going to die this season...

5. Kevin7

Kevin7 New Member

I don't think the wolves were controlled by anyone. They attacked and pillaged as they came across people in a nihilist way.

[video]https://youtu.be/Y5J_kao6mwA[/video]

My biggest unbelievable moment this week is when the hilltop member drove up to the compound with "Gregory's" head and the guards were shouting at him nobody else was awoken by the noise and lights. Perhaps the Saviors are secure in themselves enough where they're able to get a good nights rest. Furthermore when the one guard went back in to get the hilltop prisoner again nobody was alerted that anything was going on. So the guards are able to release prisoners without getting the leader's consent? If Negan was present, and as bad ass we're led to believe, you'd think the guard would want to get consent or potentially face Negan's wrath if it didn't go down the way it was intended.

But other than that a great episode. I really thought that they'd go scout this week and come back next episode and attack then. Shows what I know...

6. josephmitchell1

I will start by saying that I loved this episode. But one bugbear... Maggie would never in a million years risk her baby, it felt like such a strange choice for her to make and for Glenn to back up, right?! It felt like the writers dropped a bollock on that one, I know they needed a couple of high-profile hostages, but losing Sasha, Tara, or Rosita would have had just as much impact on the group, surely?

7. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

True. However you need to understand that these people don't have the same mindset as us folks living in a normal society do. Given the circumstances I can see why she would be intent on going (especially given the fact that she arguably started it all).

And no actually losing Maggie would have had a much bigger impact on the group than losing Rosita, Sasha, or Tara. Maggie has been with them virtually throughout the entire plague and was the daughter of the man that they all really looked up to.

#47 lastcat3, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

What is a bugbear? (I am not criticizing, just curious).

9. josephmitchell1

Haha, it means something that bugged me a little bit. I don't know why the saying exists, I can't imagine being annoyed by a bear the size of a bug. But a bug the size of a bear on the other hand...

10. josephmitchell1

Okay, I'll give you that much, and she is the second longest-lasting woman in the group, but I think the three other women have a lot of value to the group too (I have a girl-crush on all three of them so that's why I'm defending them, haha!). I think aside from Maggie, Tara would be the one whose loss would be felt the most for Glenn, and I think Rosita or Sasha being taken would stir up some very interesting character development for Abe.

It just felt a bit of a jump from "Ooh, look at my ultrasound scan, baby woohoo" to "Sod the risk of losing my baby, I'm gonna go on a mission to kill potentially the most dangerous man on the whole planet".

11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Yeah! Those bikers have some really wicked mouths!

12. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

I didn't like the baking montage. Or any scene with Carol...

With the final fast approaching - the less we see of our favourite characters, the better.

Carol just needs to stop giving advice to the other group members, stop necking Alexandrians, stop reflecting on her kill list, stop smoking (Hello, Mrs Neudermyer), stop baking cookies, stop being nice and basically just stop talking for the next four episodes.

Listen to me, I sound like Ed.

13. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I skipped over the Carol opening scenes too. She annoys me.

14. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Didn't make sense that when the second guard comes back with the hostage he didn't notice that the first guard was gone.

15. Morgotha

What I didn't like was that the station itself appeared in fine and in use (pre-za) from the outside, but inside all the paint was peeling, etc. It looked like an abandoned building inside and nice outside?? I think having a more consistent set would have been nice.

16. Morgotha

I see your point, but disagree. These guys are "tough guys", and the farmers never fought back before. Hostage taking guy probably assumed heavy set guy was around the corner urinating or something. I doubt it even entered his mind that his partner was already dead.

17. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

I still don't know why they were growing Marijuana inside. It is the apocalypse and no one is going to arrest you for growing it outside.

18. raynman

raynman New Member

Sorry I'm late. I get mine through Amazon prime so I don't get to see it broadcast night. I also don't read through the previous responses so if I double-dip someone...my apologies.

1. They sure put a lot of stock in being able to find a head to match the one they needed. What if they hadn't found one? I suppose the argument is that Daryl still could have snuck up behind and took out one while one of the front guys took out the other...it just seemed too pat.

2. What was the tactical reason for leaving Carol and Maggie separated from the group? It would have made more sense to have them follow the Ninja/Delta Force group and provide rear-security AT THE LOCATION than at the perimeter.

3. The crew turned into close-quarters ninjas--you'd think Delta Force trained them. Their experience is basically with already dead, slow reacting, and easy-to-kill zombies. You don't just walk into a building of armed people with no knowledge of enemy strength, layout, and room clearing tactics...and suddenly come off as a finely rehearsed team.

4. Why do we gently enter some rooms to kill people...and suddenly snatch in doors on others? Why are they breaking into the "Armory", equipped with a steel door and steel frame...with a friggin' KNIFE? I mean...on a raid...you stay in stealth mode until the alarm is raised...snatching a door open before you enter isn't a stealth entry, by any means.

5. Why, in this death-defying Ninja/Delta Force group...did the only actual "military trained person" completely ignore his "6" (behind him) and watch the door break-in? Oh...I understand. We needed some way to get the alarm turned on.

6. If a horn honking brought a ka-jillion zombies to Alexandria...why didn't the siren going off result in NONE?

7. After the raid...what the hell is this "La-De-Dah" BS -- hanging around till daylight and playing "building tourists" without consolidating their crew (perimeter guards)? The assault is over. The perimeter guards and the vehicle should have been brought to the building.

8. The cliffhanger. Another damned cliffhanger. Do we really need these every friggin' episode? Are the producers so worried about their ratings that they think they only way people will come back is for this reason?

9. The writing for this episode seemed to be designed basically so a couple of them would get caught...and to assure that we would feel especially concerned about the ones that were.

10. From a military perspective grading the raid? I'd give them a 8.5/10 for the actions of individuals and teams. I'd give them a 2/10 for the planning.

11. These plot arcs are getting just too damned repetitive. It's time to start working on an exit strategy to end the series. It's turning into Gilligan's Island. I'm waiting for Carol to start making coconut cream pies.

12. I love the series. I love the characters. I don't think I'm coming back next season, though.

19. Steppin' Razor

Lol, complaining about cliffhangers on a weekly show??

20. Morgotha

LOL! Excellent point. Who are they hiding it from?