Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[612] Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 612 - Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

There's actually a very reasonable answer for this. It seems obvious to me. and who's to say the walker that found Maggie wasn't responding to the sound of the alarm?

2. leonard_tepper

Nucking Futs!!! I agree!! Just because you were in the military doesn't make you Shaq or something.

3. Steppin' Razor

I'm sitting here, trying to understand why you slipped in "Abe has a nice butt" into my quote...

4. Morgotha

Shaq?

5. leonard_tepper

Hey, your quote, not mine

6. leonard_tepper

The Big Diesel? Shaquelle O'Neal??? Ring a bell boys?? Sweet Sassy Molassy, you haven't heard of Superman?

7. Morgotha

He's a big basketball player. I don't get the connection with the military. If you used "Rambo" or "Chuck Norris" I would have understood, but I don't know enough about Shaq to get the connection.

If you said Jesus (on the show) had moves like Michael Jordan - I'd have understood that.

8. Steppin' Razor

Lies.

And yea, Shaq was a weird example to use lol.

9. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

I need someone to talk to me about the fact that the guy on Daryls motorcycle was shot off by Sasha and when Daryl was beating him her HAD NO F***ING GUNSHOT WOUNDS!

10. Morgotha

It's strange to me that after the raid when the sun came up it's obviously been a few hours since they got there, they're lounging around talking to each other... and no one, not even Glenn, has noticed that Maggie and Carol are nowhere to be found.

11. leonard_tepper

Umm, have you've seen him dunk on Shawn Bradley???? Yea, I think you'll get it then.

12. leonard_tepper

Hello!!!???? Earth Morgotha....Sweet Sassy Molassy, OK, he's not like Duke from G.I Joe. Is that better?

13. raynman

raynman New Member

Yes. I've been watching television for...mmmmm...about 50+ years now, so I've probably seen a few. "Cliffhangers" are a relatively new phenomena...and then creeped in to appear at the end of seasons. Once upon a time, you see, producers depended on the story and character development to assure people came back the next week...even the next season. Many serials *gasp* could even stand on their own as an independent presentation. No kidding! Now...all we seem to be capable of digesting is weak, improbable drama.

It's just lazy and repetitive. 1) Show starts with resolving part of drama manufactured the previous week. 2) Quick resolution, or partial resolution is accomplished. 3) Begin setup for next crisis. 4) Stop action in middle of action arc...CLIFFHANGER!

If there's anything that seems guaranteed with this show these days it's that I'll get to the point I'm thinking it's getting very interesting...riveting, even...look at the clock/timer...and immediately go "Awwwww...shit."

That's overt manipulation...and I don't like it. It won't be the first time I abandoned a season in the middle of it for this very reason and waited until I could bingewatch to the series finale.

This tactic is even more seductive now that I don't watch broadcasts...but buy a season pass at the beginning. I know it will be cheaper to get the entire series later.

#73 raynman, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  14. raynman

raynman New Member

Everyone...maybe even the zombies. You can smell a large dope patch from miles away when the wind is right. Of course, that's what I'm told...there's obviously no way I could know that first-hand.... :zombies_lol:

15. raynman

raynman New Member

What it does, though, is hard-wire you in a way that you act in a consistent way to an applied stimulus. We call it "reaction drill". When you're preparing to or entering a doorway you don't think about what you're doing...you just do it. It's not impossible...it's just irritating see someone who's constantly proclaiming "been-there-dun-that"...make a rookie mistake.

16. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

I was wondering the same thing. I mean I know they are supposed to be in DC and maybe the plants were being grown inside due to the weather? Honestly I have nothing. I would have acres of it since it's pretty much the best natural drug available and after 2.5 years most prescriptions will be losing potency.

17. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

Yeah why Shaq?

18. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

So are you saying that weed is like catnip for zombies?

19. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

A friend who grow marijuana inside told me that if you do it right (controlling the lighting, temperature,etc) the production can be higher than if you grown it outdoor.

Also, one of my uncles grew marijuana outside. Some day, he went away and when he returns, a couple of weeks later, someone had stolen everything. My grandmother told my mother that my uncle spent several weeks depressed after that.

20. feedback

feedback New Member

They turned... not into walkers but into murderers

I think the story and dramaturgy of this episode was a mistake.
    Most of the characters lost their credibility and their charm, for example, Glen.
    Some things you can´t take back. The story is told now. What a mistake!
    When the group killed that sleeping guys they passed a limit.

For me I can´t,... I don´t want to hope for that brutal killers any more. I want them to be killed too. I must hope that because of my morality. The fun of gambling with the feeling of the death drive won´t work any more....

I think it is the problem for the writers that they always have to outdo the brutality.
    But what is more: This show should´t be allowed to be watched by kids. Since this episode it should be indicated
    It has always been a scandal when adults bring their kids in a "Daryl Dixon" costume to a convention. But now it is a crime.
    I can´t believe what many of that parents are doing.

Why did the writers carefully create characters like Glen, Maggie and Daryl for month and years... and then let them turn into murderers in just one episode. That episode didn´t work.
    Not yet..., not for me.
    May be their comes a change again in the plot,but... some things you can´t take back.