Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[612] PRAISE it, praise it good!

Discussion in 'Episode 612 - Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Dnae, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Show some love, kindness, general good vibrations for Not Tomorrow! Sticky thread please [MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION] :D

2. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I'll praise it tomorrow. It's not tomorrow yet.

3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Never procrastinate tomorrow about what you can procrastinate today.

4. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

I'll start! I thought the episode did some really great story telling. They really set the group up as invincible, carrying on the theme from last week. And, in their mind, why not? They've beat everything that's been thrown at them; why should this be any different? And even when it starts, it goes perfectly. And even when things go wrong, they still, win! And then.... Carol and Maggie are gone. Yes, group, you do have a weakness, and it's each other. There were a lot of good things going on this week, but I thought the over all story structure/theme was really well done.

And the music. Could they end every episode on a Hozier song please?

5. TROR

TROR Member

Great set up in this episode with great pay off. Great character development, too. Tons of action. What a great episode.

6. cycles

cycles Member

It was a riveting episode with many great moments including:

• Carol playing mom with the song Weeds and Wildflowers;
    • Ricks overconfident speech in the church;
    • Eugene's hilarious reaction to the Abraham/Rosita breakup;
    • the heart pounding action at Negan's fort;
    • the cold hearted way these "good people" kill;
    • the new Father Gabriel;
    • the aftermath with the song Arsonist Lullabye;
    • Morgan building what seems to be a cell
    • Daryl's bike is back.

7. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Excellent episode. After two slow weeks it was time for an action episode.

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I recommend everyone use bullet points from now on...it's just so readable.

9. Hope the Savior

Praise and positivity...where should I begin? This episode was a nice combination of action and character insight/development.

• We learned a little about Rosita, Denise, Carol, and Morgan's reactions to the captured Wolf incident.
    • We explored how Carol's past actions are affecting her and possibly changing how she approaches survival. I thought it was very interesting that she opted to stay behind and protect Maggie instead of partaking in the actual siege.
    • Sadly, we witnessed Abe devolve from lovely wordsmith to pseudo porch-dick.
    • Glenn popped his cherry and killed another living survivor!
    • And Father Gabriel went all Pulp Fiction/Boondock Saints with his kill, dispensing last rites before pulling the trigger.
    • I liked how the group methodically attacked the Savior's outpost, sweeping the facility as a coordinated unit...even when sh!t hit the fan.
    • I really liked the subunit pairings and how their slightly different attack styles indicated their experience, confidence in battle, thoughts/preoccupations, etc.
    • And the suspense was great. This episode kept me on the edge of my seat. I honestly feared we would lose someone.
    I love how tonight's episode flipped the switch with Rick's group being the aggressors. They weren't simply on the defense; for the first time, to ensure their survival, they had to mount an offensive attack. Tara must have felt a strong sense of déjà-vu when Rick said, "We kill them all." I do wish this episode had included a scene where Tara, Maggie, Glenn, and Rick reflected on the prison battle and their Pyrrhic victory and discussed their concerns that this endeavor may yield similarly unfavorable results. Nonetheless, it was still a good episode overall, especially because it ended with a Hozier song.

10. jojo

jojo Member

Fantastic episode!! 6B has been an amazing experience. I posted this in another thread.

This was under Greg Nicotero's direction basically nough said. His work on this series is outstanding!!

11. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I LOVED this episode, and there are a million reasons why. Perhaps my favourite reason is that so many characters had good moments, and there are a bunch of characters I like even more after this episode. Carol, Gabriel, Glenn, Rick, Tobin, Aaron, Tara, Jesus, Denise, Rosita, Eugene, Maggie and Heath all had their moment or moments. They have a huge cast, but they managed it well this episode.

#11 ltomlinson31, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  12. Steppin' Razor

I liked how Glenn and Heath had to kill a bunch of dudes, when they were shooting through the door. But it was basically like they were closing their eyes while doing it, they didn't even have to actually see it happening... because they were shooting through the door. So I guess their both still kinda lucky?

13. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Easily one of the best episodes to date. So much to cover, so I'll highlight what I can remember:

- I have to second Fr. Gabriel's righteous kill. I half-expected the savior to say 'what?' and for Gabriel to retort: "SAY WHAT AGAIN!"

- The action. This episode was essentially Call of Duty: Walking Dead edition

- The emotion. Seeing Morgan's inner turmoil as he was building what appeared to be a prison cell was telling. Looks like he wasn't just channeling Eastman, but also a clever foreshadow to who may occupy that cell from the comics...

- Daryl's tackle of "Primo" after the compound assault. Idk why... Just a satisfying tackle.

- Very much appreciated the callback with Tara's involvement with the Governor when Rick said "... kill them all" in the church. She seemed so uncomfortable in that moment.

- Glenn steeping in and trying his best to help Heath not have to take a person's life. Although they both inevitably did murder a few saviors, I appreciated that they filmed that scene behind the door... Given what Glenn said about the horrible things he "sees." Essentially, they won't have to re-live their own violent actions.

Loved it!

14. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

That was just amazing. This show ... it just gets better and better. Jesus has a good grip on how things really are. I found Gabrial hilarious and Im glad he's doing stuff and thangs. Eugene was hilarious also. It was very well done. I get Maggie, and I like her, she's always kind of annoyed me, but this episode, even tho she had just a few lines, I thought it was her best. 'What am I supposed to do?!' Yeah, awesome.

15. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Oh, I forgot another praise...

Virginia is for lovers..

<3

16. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

My favorite scenes were:

• Carol playing mom with the song Weeds and Wildflowers;
    • Eugene's hilarious reaction to the Abraham/Rosita breakup;
    • the heart pounding action at Negan's fort;
    • the new Father Gabriel;
    • Daryl's bike is back.

I LOVED when Gabriel was quoting scripture (I think??) at the man as he killed him.

17. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I really liked the teamwork scenes and the small cliffhangers/things that need following up strewn everywhere eg obviously maggie and Carol,
    Rosita/Abe
    Carol/Tobin or whatever his name is .
    Glenn taking one for the team even though he hasn't killed before
    Tara and Denise

It flowed well :D

18. Melo

Melo Active Member

probably my favorite rosita episode! in general love the story and the action, another great episode

19. walkon

walkon Active Member

I loved Glenn in this. . . Such a rich blend of sensitivity and duty. I, personally, think the show would suffer without him. JMHO

20. batongal

batongal Active Member

GREAT episode.
    The best bits:
    How Carol woo's a man by calling him jerk & asshole
    The crescendo of Rosita & Abe breaking up climaxing with Eugene and the Virginia is for Lovers t-shirt.
    Glenn stepping it up and doing what he knows needs to be done. Good job Steve Yeun he gave me chills expressing the pain on his face while doing that first kill.
    Group becoming a stealth like killing machine...loved it!