Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[614] Rate the Damn Thing!!

Discussion in 'Episode 614 - Twice as Far' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 18, 2016.

?

Rate it, Rate it, Rate it.

1. Twice the bang for the buck!!

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. 9

20 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 8

23 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 7

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  5. 6

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. 5

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. 3

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. Think twice before bothering with this sheet.

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rate it, right now!! Before you do anything else. I don't care if you're naked.

2. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

10, was thinking at the 30 minute mark, this is a 7 episode, then outta nowhere....WHAP! And Carol leaving?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3. TROR

TROR Member

Only 1 thing really happened in this episode that's really pushing the main storyline.

4. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

That's exactly what I was thinking then changed my mind!

I gave it a 9.

5. LilaLurker

LilaLurker New Member

I enjoyed this episode more than last week's. I gave it a 9.

6. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

7. I liked the emotional toll you see on Denise and how even us as an audience are desensitized to the dead people and carnage etc but she's sitting among all this sad dead stuff and it hits her then she pushes through. Well done.

The arrow was fantastic and the fact she didn't just drop and didn't know what happened and kept trying to finish her freak out - great! haha

7. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I'd probably only give this one a high 7 or a low 8. Last half was more entertaining but you could also see what was coming from a mile away (I would bet even the non comic readers would have guessed Denise would likely die in the episode).

You know they are setting up next season to be a whole lot more viscious than All Out War ever was in the comics though with Abraham surviving.

8. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

And that's being generous. Almost entirely a boring filler episode. Not that I cared at all about their relationship, but not even one reaction scene for Tara? Also another amateurishly shot action scene. Closeups of people shooting and running do not tell a story! There is no sense of space between Team Rick and the Saviors. It was impossible to tell what was going on and who was in danger.

9. JFAN

JFAN Member

I gave it a 9. One of the better ones this season for me.

10. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

I also gave it a 9. They are just doing an amazing job telling the story this second half. Abraham and Eugene were hilarious and poor Denise's death was done so well. I dont get why Carol would leave. Wasnt there someone in the comics that left and hadnt been heard from again?

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am going with an 8 on this one. As the first 30 minutes were unfolding I was lulled into forgetting that I was awaiting carnage. and than BAM that douche dick dwight shows up and snaps me out of it. I would give the last 30 minutes a 9 if that counts for anything

12. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I hated this episode. The only highlights were Eugene showing some bravery, and him biting off Dwight's dick.

Denise's death was a shocker, but she didn't deserve to die. How about killing Rosita, one of the group's fighters? Plus Abe has to deal with the remorse of mistreating her.

What's going on with Carol? Is Michonne the only woman on this show who's allowed to be strong anymore?

I give this episode a 3.

13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

At first I thought Carol's letter was a suicide note. Would have been angry if they had gone that route. I was good with Carol's struggles, but I'm having a hard time accepting that she'd just leave Alexandria. That stood out as a weakness in this episode. It's back to Gimple's contrived drama. We really don't need it at this point either because of everything going on, and about to happen. They should just have her gravitate more toward Morgan. It'd give his character something else to do, other than stare at people.

Abe and Eugene's scenes were the best in this episode. I liked Dwight's return, but we're right on the line now where the Saviors are coming across as too easy to beat. It'll be interesting to see how they pivot to Negan after all of this.

This was the weakest episode of the back half but still enjoyable overall. Really worried with the direction they're taking Carol though.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

This was a weird one for me...I don't know if I loved it or hated it. 6.9

15. batongal

batongal Active Member

The second half of this season has been great gave it a 9

16. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Frustrated with this episode primarily b/c so much of what happened didn't need to happen, had any of these supposedly intelligent people acted with, you know...intelligence. There are lots of ways Denise could prove herself--both to the others and to herself--besides this, not to mention the numerous stupid things she did when she was out there. If nothing else, she has an ethical obligation to ASZ as their only doctor. Daryl and Rosita diss her up one side and down the other about being a burden b/c they have to look after her--and then they don't look after her. (I'm not talking about her death, but the times they practically ignore her.) I did enjoy her spot-on assessment of them--I suspect she was a really good psychiatrist. I also enjoyed the eventual return of Eugene's brain, as well as Abraham's sincere compliment of his *****-chewing ability.

I'm basically frustrated that once again, plot twists trump character and that once again, someone's death will be used to further Daryl's manpain journey. (Please tell me that we'll eventually see some kind of reaction from or impact on Tara.)

17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That thought crossed my mind as well, even though it just didn't seem like she had gotten to that point.

I give this episode an 8.5. I love it when they mix up an unlikely combo of characters like they did with Daryl, Rosita and Denise.

Although I thought Eugene went a little overboard with his rant to Abe, I did understand why he felt that way (Abe was basically telling him he can't survive on his own or take care of himself - that's a huge blow to the ego) and i like that he's trying to step up in the best way he can.

I'm not a fan of Carol leaving, but at the same time this isn't a first for her. She was trying to leave again when they were all at the church after Terminus but Daryl stopped her. Now she's had time to slow down again at Alexandria, and it's all hitting her again. I think because she's been such a badass killing machine these days, it's easy to forget sometimes that the Carol we started with is still in there somewhere:

[​IMG]

18. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

I thought it was a very good episode. For the first time in a long while it had my heart pumping. When Denise entered the storage room in the pharmacy my heart was beating good. Haven't had that sensation in any episode this season.

The thing that bothered me was Carol leaving. She is this strong woman and now they are making her weak. It has been very bad story telling with Carol the past 3 episodes.

19. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I gave it a 7. During the first half of the episode it basically just felt like a filler episode. I thought it was going to be nothing more than the two groups going on the scouting trips at first. There were some good scenes. The lead covered walker was really cool. The scene where Denise walked into the backroom and saw the drowned kid was really good. Eugene's plan to start producing bullets is great, and has tons of potential for future plot development. Overall though, the first half was pretty slow.

Then BAM. The pace picked up enormously. I predicted that Denise was going to die, but I didn't see it coming tonight. I thought it was going to be sometime early next season. The events in the second half of the episode seemed really inconsistent and full of plot holes though. I get that for the sake of progressing the episode, they can't always show every single event that is implied to have occurred during the episode, but they left out some important stuff. How is it that the Saviors captured Eugene? How is it that Abe happened to be right there? Furthermore, how did they manage to take out like 13 people armed with automatic weapons?

Carol's letter was a full point deduction for me. That was incredibly out of character. I think that there's more to this plot line than we know at this point, but after everything that Carol has been through with Rick, Glenn, Maggie, Daryl, and everyone else, I can't believe that she'd just disappear in the middle of the night.

Another of my criticisms is that the Saviors aren't really shaping up to be a very threatening enemy at this point. I'm sure they'll prove to be later on, but so far every time we've encountered them it has simply ended with them being slaughtered. Denise is the first person from the ASZ that they've even managed to kill, and only by shooting her in the back from hiding...meanwhile we've killed around 50 (?) of them. This was a great scene, but come on...we've got 13 people armed with automatic weapons who were taken out by one armed guy, two initially unarmed people, and one guy biting a dick? It was a good scene purely on its own, but in terms of the whole plot I think it was a bit weak.

#19 QuantumCurt, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  20. tehwalkingdead

I liked it but Morgan played too much of a part in the episode so for that reason it lost 2 points.

Less Morgan next episode.