Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[614] Rate the Damn Thing!!

Discussion in 'Episode 614 - Twice as Far' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 18, 2016.

?

Rate it, Rate it, Rate it.

1. Twice the bang for the buck!!

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. 9

20 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 8

23 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 7

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  5. 6

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. 5

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. 3

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. Think twice before bothering with this sheet.

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

9/19, I enjoyed seeing the story from characters we haven't seen a lot of this season. I was so surprised that Denise died and not Rosita, although I like both characters a lot so would have been sad either way.

2. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

Liked it but was torn between a 8 or 9. I was sad to see Denise go and was really confused about the whole Carol leaving thing.:zombies_shocked:

3. calliope

calliope Active Member

I gave it a 9 as well.

I'll mention a few things I haven't seen yet. I actually liked the scenes in Alexandria. I think it gave a good sense that time was passing. They were obviously being vigilant, but do not think that the Saviors are a big threat.

I loved the look on Rosita's face when she was in the cab of the truck with Daryl and Denise. It was WTF am I doing with these two losers when my world is falling apart?

I enjoyed the interactions between Daryl and Denise. I think she had her 'shrink' hat on from the start of the trip, trying to connect with him in a manner which he would be able to relate to. She had seen his back, it doesn't take much of a leap to imagine the life he lived as a child. She brought up her own parents' alcoholism twice, even using the word bender which he had used in relation to his father back in S2 to Andrea. You could see his wheels turning when she talked about her own brother and it got him thinking about Merle. I think she must have been very good at her chosen vocation.

It was very sad to see Denise looking at the walkers, particularly the woman and drowned child, imagining the lives they lived and all the loss around her. I loved her passionately defending her reasons for the trip, right up until the end!

Great scenes with Abe and Eugene!

No idea what to make of Carol's departure and her letter. At first I thought it was a Dear John letter. I hope it wasn't a suicide note. Seems very out of character, but they have done right by Carol in the past. I hope it continues.

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Good points. At this point for me it'll depend on what direction they take her from here. With some of the past stuff we had with Tyreese it has me a little concerned.

As for Eugene, I thought some of his over the top anger was also due to Abe screwing over Rosita.

5. conorbhoy1967

conorbhoy1967 New Member

How are people on here struggling to see how Carol has taken the direction she has???

She adapted to a post apocalyptic world in a way she had to. She has then started to adjust to a sense of normality in Alexandria and how it was to live in the world before. That has given her time to have that feeling of a normal life and what it was like to be a person before having to deal with this new world.

This is a person that has had to deal with a lot in the post apocalyptic world and now that there is a sense of a normal life again, all those feelings of the person she was before have now come back.

That is as brilliant as you'll see character development in any show. The Walking Dead is fantastic at showing character development, as it does it in so many ways.

Carol's shows the extreme of a person's behaviour in such a world and that it is not one directional.

Rick's character development is still the most interesting one for me, as he has went from a man of high morals, to that of the natural animal inside us that has that survival of the fittest mentality. He still holds on to his morality, but it is now part of early animal survival instinct.

#25 conorbhoy1967, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  6. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Im torn what to rate the episode as for me it was a marmite episode.
    Im sad to see denise die but kind of felt it was going to happen when she went out on the run with daryl & rosita.
    Enjoyed the abe & eugene scenes.
    Damn it i'll rate it a safe & steady 7.

7. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I am pretty messed up with Denise gone and I wasn't able to rate the episode right away. Still pretty shaken up about this episode! First I want to say that the episode started so slow and I was pretty annoyed with how it started, I loved Abe and Eugene together and, the return of Dwight. I'm not sure how I feel about Carol leaving it seems so sudden for her to leave like she did at the end. But overall I give the episode a 8/10.

8. rotten taint

rotten taint Member

I would give this a solid 8....really, no episodes since the break have disappointed! :)

9. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

5/10

Sunday's episode wasn't a terrible episode, it was just decent in my opinion. I kind of bumped a 1up because of the few minutes after Dwight and his buddies came out of the woods and Eugene said for them to kill Abraham because he was a bigger asshole then the rest of them(yes, I'm aware he said he was looking for the moment. It was just funny). I also thought that Eugene and Abraham's little conflict was interesting because it showed how the apocalypse can harden a person and also because it was just good,because Abraham thinks of Eugene as a friend but Eugene mostly thinks of Abraham as simply defense. I also hope the Daryl-Dwight conflict can bring on an interesting story, though I am kind of skeptical.

One of the things I didn't like was Denise's death - not because of her character, but her lack of it. The show has not given me any reason to care for her, and so her death was kind of emotionless for me. I put this on a negative because her death was supposed to stir something in me (I'm pretty sure) but it didn't. It barely bothered me. Just a "oh, too bad, but people die" moment. This isn't to say she didn't say anything worthy of thought, but she didn't make me get a gut-wrench or anything. At worst, Alexandria has no doctor. At best, it was used as a prop for Daryl's "I should have killed you"-Dwight.

Also, Carol's twist in the end didn't really make me happy. I'm open to the direction the show-runners want to take her character in theory, but it just felt lazy and had a thrown-together approach.

Overall this was an alright episode and I feel I can't be too harsh on it. However it was disappointing because I also feel it can be better than this.

10. ~Wiccan~

~Wiccan~ New Member

Lots of undertones. Emotional depth stuff. Denise was startling. Carol, she broke my heart! [​IMG]
    ... and Denise left just before I think they may need her the most!

11. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

Y'see this is how i think they should have given Maggie some screen space in this series. Finally the group gets to relax and not spend all their time constantly living with the zombie threat never too far away.
    This season would have been a great way to allow Maggie to dwell on losing Hershel and Beth and finally being allowed to grieve. I doubt we'll see that moment now as the season is nearly done.

12. teeta6404`

teeta6404` Member

I went 8. Solid episode, I've been impressed with this half of the season.

13. forest

forest New Member

I gave it a 8. Carol leaving was so sad. The scenes with Eugene were one of the best. I´m very interested in his further character development. I was shocked about the arrow that killed Denise.

14. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I give it an 8. Liked the unusual combination of Rosita/Daryl/Denise (and Abraham and Eugene tbh!). It was difficult to predict which character was going to meet a sticky end - could easily have been either Abraham or Eugene after their argument and split. Denise did well in this episode but if one of those 5 had to go...glad it was her! Agree that Carol leaving seemed a bit strange - just about believable but she was happy enough to dispatch several Wolves not so long ago. Also, what future does she see for herself outside alone, without all the people who have become firm friends?

15. Peterorange

Peterorange New Member

I completely disagree about Carol. OK she is (has become) a strong and hard woman but every human has their breaking point. And she has hit hers. I would rather see that than her turning into a Terminator!!! That was in effect what was happening, and was unsustainable for any human being. It all caught up with her - including killing the plague victims back in the prison, having to shoot the girl, her role in the kid's death, and then the 'termination' of the Saviors holding her captive. If there had not been an emotional response eventually, now THAT would have been bad story-telling.

And I completely 'get' her leaving in this context. Maybe I share some character traits but it just makes sense - not wanting to be responsible for the deaths of anyone else she cares about, either by negligence or by her decisions. And just not feeling able to face anyone else after what she has had to do.

But I agree on your first comment - this was an excellent episode in terms of suspense. I would give it a solid 8.

We need more episodes!!!

But if I had to pick and choose as they have to regarding deep character development, I wouldn't choose Maggie personally. I find her a bit boring. And I don't really want to watch her grieve :p.

#35 Peterorange, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016