Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[615] East. Rate the damn doofus!

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 26, 2016.

?

Rate this episode, or the song Disco Duck. Whatevs

1. 10

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. 9

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. 8

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. 7

13 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. 6

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  6. 5

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. 4

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. 3.14

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I should have head WEST, to keep an hour ahead of any time zone where this crap aired.

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rate it like your goddam life depended on it. And it might.

2. AAG331

AAG331 Member

9/10 Would Watch Again.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I give it an 8. The episode did what it set out to do.....set up the story and our characters for what is to transpire in the finale all the while holding great moments of suspense

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I give it an 8.5. Solid lead up to the next episode, I think.

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I was loving the fear, excitement and character development in this episode until the final minute where Daryl walked into Dwight's trap.

I gave this episode an 8.

6. Robert Kirkman

Tobin/Carol thing makes me want to rate it a 2/10 but I know he's filler so he won't affect my rating. Carol's story alone makes it a good episode because of how intriguing it is. Morgan's speech with Rick grounded me as a viewer. I had gotten pretty annoyed with Morgan as of late, and I started thinking that he was being ridiculous to do the things he's been doing. But his speech to Rick tonight made me realize that he's right. So because of Carol and Morgan's parts I'm giving it a 7/10.

The entire group's naivety was incredibly frustrating and out of character, especially for Michonne and Glenn. It was clear that the writers got lazy and needed the group caught ASAP and so they rushed it in any way they could, which left us with out of character things happening.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kevin7

Kevin7 New Member

Rated it an 8. Would have gone with 9 if it weren't for the cheesy ending. If you're gonna make it seem like someone got killed, follow thru the next week. After the Glenn dumpster dive nobody believes Daryll is dead..

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This was an okay episode. Wasn't excited to have 4 members of the group captured by Dwight. We've done the whole captured thing over and over again, the Governor, Terminus and the hospital. We just had it a few episodes ago with Carol and Maggie too. It really wasn't needed with Negan. I'm a little surprised that they didn't keep the Negan card until the finale for the general audience. Casual viewers might think it's all over except for Dwight's smaller group.

I'm not one that wants things done verbatim from the comics. I enjoyed the Hunters remix with Terminus and how they've expanded on some characters like Carol and Morgan. But I think Kirkman put together a good outline for how this one should go down, and with 1/3 of the core group captured it's not following that pattern and unfortunately I feel as if it's going to fall short.

The gimmicky ending of 615 with Daryl shot was silly. Now I'm afraid we're going to get the same kind of junk in the final minutes of 616. Just tell the damn story.

9. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Gave it a 5. Was pretty unimpressed with what I see as Daryl's selfishness, esp. after Glenn and Michonne assured him they would get Dwight, just not right now and he still wandered off. So b/c of his decision, Rosalita, Glenn, Michonne, and Daryl are now not in ASZ to help with any attack; they need help themselves.

Morgan gets off scot-free for his own selfish decision and plays it to make himself sound like he was indirectly responsible for Carl's survival. Howzabout you not put the doctor in peril in the first place?

Felt more annoyed than anything.

10. LilaLurker

LilaLurker New Member

I gave it an 8 because it was exciting/moved the story along. Biggest complaint - I thought it made no sense to have 3 people go after Daryl, and then 2 people go after Carol, when everyone is worried about the Saviors possibly attacking Alexandria. Now we no longer have Daryl, Rosita, Glen, Michonne and Morgan (not to mention Carol, who chose to leave) at the compound. Who are the "good" fighters left to defend Alexandria? Rick, Carl, Maggie, Abe, Sasha and (possibly) Father Gabriel.

11. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

Easily one of the worst episodes of all time. Felt like I was watching Dumb and Dumber. There goes Darryl, let's chase him. There goes Morgan, let me go with him. Really bad story writing and story telling. Carol just happens to have a fully auto machine gun up her sleeve was as believable as a white man having a 14" wiener, it just isn't happening.

12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

6. Just tired of them still making stupid decisions now, years into the ZA when the all have experience in having their stupid decisions in the past resulting in disaster and death for their group. If they haven't learned by now, maybe it's time for them to pass on and be replaced with people who are interested in living and rebuilding.

13. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

8 for me. I enjoyed the episode but I really dislike being left with lots of unanswered questions. I mean, I like a cliffhanger.. but so much needs to be answered.

14. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

7 for me.
    I enjoyed the Morgan and Rick interaction.
    What let the episode down was how Carol had an automatic weapon in her sleeve yet as soon as she fired it her hand appeared as if the gun hadn't been there.
    The show is showing the limitations of its storyline. There's not much new that can be done. Group find solace, group get ousted, group go hunting for somewhere new, group finds new home until bad men or zombies force them out. I think the show needs a new focus otherwise where will it end? Will it fizzle out after repeating the same situation again and again.
    The group need a purpose.

15. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

As pointed out earlier by everbody else in this thread, everybody is acting stupidly. I honestly don't know why Daryl should care that much about Denise anyway, they barely interacted before. I know it sounds harsh, but if they wanted it to mean something to him, the writers should've established more of a rapport between the two.

Also what is up with the fake Daryl death at the end? It is fooling NOBODY and looks as cheap as Glenn's death earlier in the season. It is lame and the writers need to stop using this gimmick.

16. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

My reaction to this episode...

Oh no Carol what are you doing?
    Carol, put the bag down and take all of those snacks back to the pantry.
    Carol...
    Oh god not Tobin.
    No wonder Carol is leaving.
    Run Carol RUUNNNN!
    Oh no, not Richonne!
    Anything but Richonne!
    You go Sasha girl.
    Where are all the Cigarette/Cigars coming from?
    Poor Rosita :'(
    What the...? Daryl... Daryl? Daryl!!!
    Get out of the van Glenn!
    No Michonne!
    No Abra.. ROSITA!?
    What are you all doing!?
    Oh god. Not you too Rick.
    Stop.
    Rick?
    Morgan! Ok Morgan can go.
    Oh Carol, what are you doing?
    Where are you going Carol?
    Carol?
    Oh no, a car on the horizon.
    Let's slow down, I think it might be Bill from Yoga class.
    Oh sh*t!
    Bill it's me Carol from Yoga class.
    Bill!!!
    I don't think that's Bill.
    Come on Carol get your Xena on.
    Oh god Carol, not now.
    No Carol.
    YES!
    Yes Carol, you go gurl!
    Oh no Carol, HIDE!
    Get down.
    Dont move.
    Holy crap!
    Sheeshkabob!
    Sheeshka-Bill?
    This is what I'm talking about.
    Carol's bac... Hey where's Carol?
    Aww poor Denise :'(
    Hey, a pile of branches - I wonder if it's Daryl's bike.
    Daryl!!! NO!
    Watch where you're aiming that thing!
    The worst thing we can do right now is split up.
    What the... What did I just say.
    Oh no, Bill's still alive.
    Someone pass me the remote for Morgan.
    MUTE.
    Much better.
    La la la la la la la la.
    Wow, Rick isn't messing around.
    Oh no, where did Carol go?
    Check the bushes Rick!
    Check the bushes!!!
    Oh hey, someone in the bushes...
    See, what did I just say about splitting up... Damnit Daryl!
    Stop talking Morgan.
    Oh no.
    No, no, no, no, no.
    Oh thank god.
    It isn't REALLY Carol... You guys!
    Almost had me there.
    Who's in the barn?
    Abraham?
    Morgan! Next time you're staying in the car.
    Quick Rick, run while Morgan isn't looking.
    Shut up Morgan.
    I'm not going to lie Maggie, you looked better before.
    Rick's home. Without Morgan? WIN!
    Oh no.
    Glenn.
    Michonne.
    Yes!
    Come on Daryl teach theses Saviors a lesso...
    Goddamnit Daryl.
    Oh god, not this guy again.
    DARYLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOO!

That pretty much sums it up.

17. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I give it a 7. It was an okay episode, but not great. The fact that I really don't like the direction that they're taking Carol in, and Rick's apparent 'revelation' at Morgan's horribly, horribly flawed logic really knocked the episode down for me. Everyone seemed to be acting out of character a bit.

The whole Daryl running off after Denise's killer thing didn't make sense to me. I get that a big part of it was a personal vendetta against Dwight, but it just didn't work for me. He ran off after Beth because they'd been together almost since the beginning and spent time alone together in the wilderness after the fall of the prison. They had a bond. I could see him running off after Carol because the two of them had a very clear bond. He and Denise had no real bond though. The only real scene they've ever shared was that incredibly awkward (and horribly written, and excessively long) exchange about orange soda from a few episodes back.

The ending wasn't great either. They were obviously going for a bit of suspense, but it was just poorly done.

18. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

I thought it was suspenseful and gave it a 8. Now I could of done without so much of the Morgan lecturing and felt that was a filler. I also wondered why with so many leaving Alexandra their was no mention of anyone taking a walkie talkie as before but it was still good. :zombies_shocked:

19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Daryl's actions would make more sense if someone from the core group had been killed. He knew Denise for a brief period of time and he's basically gotten her a soda for Tara and had a brief discussion about having similar brothers. Then suddenly he's carrying her key chain around and ready to sacrifice himself and others. I could have seen all of that if it had been Carol who had caught the arrow.

Also Morgan's logic was stupid. The Wolf was the one who originally put Denise in peril in the first place. Then he "saved" her. Otherwise Denise would have likely been in her house.

This had more of a lost and meandering 4B feel to it than the rest of 6B.

#19 Stealth, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

There's tons of stuff that they can do. How about finding a pretty big town, like 5000 people, that walled itself off and has a functional community, like a town incorporated with an army base and farms that's still up and going? Have them be unwilling to obey the town's rules and get forced out? Maybe get imprisoned or someone shot by same for disobeying/treasonous activity (like Carol stealing from the armory)? What would they do then

How about finally making a successful community themselves, and incorporating lots of other people in, then in a season or two having the town as a whole decide they don't want Rick and co. as leaders any more, and they have to decide whether to stay and work for someone else, or leave?

Pick up a radio, find what appears to be a still functioning society in South America or Europe and get to the coast and find a boat and sail somewhere, what would the other society be like, or is it all a lie?

Find someone who really was bitten by a walker in front of them and is alive, and who claims there is a government lab up and running in Iowa that made a vaccine that works on about 2/3 of bites, true or not... say they get there, get vaccinated, then get told what they were infected with causes zombification but slows the virus and they've now got only 6 months to live unless they can find (something). Put a bit of pressure on them, and you wouldn't know if they are wanted next season or not.

There's tons of stuff they can do!

#20 Morgotha, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016