Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

616 Last Day On Earth Live Reaction

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by HondaS2kXD, Mar 30, 2016.

1. MissingHeschel

I thought the same thing, and their excuses and pretence only made it worse. Zero logic. Patronizing. Empty.

I thought surely they learned something from how angry, then INDIFFERENT people became through the Glenn dumpster thing.

Obviously, they didn't learn jack. Must work in an echo chamber.

#641 MissingHeschel, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  2. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I wonder if Gimple, Kirkman, and Co. actually know who it is. Maybe they ended it as they did b/c they just haven't decided; maybe they're not worried about people figuring it out in the next month or so b/c everyone will be back while they try to figure out whom to kill off.
    [MENTION=99032]MissingHeschel[/MENTION]--you're right. They were patronizing in their responses and seemed to believe that they didn't really owe their fans anything, including a logical answer as to their motivation.

3. calliope

calliope Active Member

That occurred to me as well, especially with Chandler's tweet that he didn't know who it was. Perhaps there is a major actor who has not yet committed to returning to the show.

4. Rick's Nose

Rick's Nose Member

But we're gonna thank them when we see what they're going to deliver........

Hmph.

5. Rick's Nose

Rick's Nose Member

Or they're using it for pay negotiations!

"No pay rise, so sign here or you're the on who gets Lucille'd

6. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

What the actual ****.
    I had a half day at work this morning and didn't rush home because I forgot about daylight savings and thought it was on at 1:30 and not 12:30 so I'm a little bit late to the party.

[​IMG]

7. BigBlue

BigBlue Member

This is what my friend said tonight.

He thinks they might be waiting to see how Norman's show goes, then make the pick. It's possible.

8. JHebert

JHebert Member

Maybe, but Norman's show doesn't begin airing until June, and they start filming in May, which means they're already writing season 7 now. They'd have to know who it is already.

9. Poison Breed

Poison Breed New Member

Negans one line kills the theory.

"Anybody moves, cut the boys other eye out and feed it to his father."

Rick and Carl are both safe.

10. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

It can't be Rick. There would be too much backlash. Might be Carl, for maximum shock.
    But I still think it's Glenn.

#650 Lilliam, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

DEAR GOD! OH ****ING HELL! THey are so freaking forcing that Comic scene by leaving in the housecar! AHGR!

EDIT: Talk about finding Carol fast....

#651 Marc, Apr 4, 2016
  12. Chansey

Chansey Member

I'm not sure about Gimple, but that's definitely just Kirkman's personality. He's always unapologetic when being cursed out by disgruntled fans (which seems to happen quite frequently in his monthly letters column at the end of every issue). While I see how he could come across as prickly or arrogant, I think he has the precise personality that it takes to keep such a huge book/show (especially one in which so many characters die) going strong; no way will he ever change the story he has planned simply because people are angry with him or didn't like what he wrote.

That being said, I honestly believe that both Kirkman and Gimple truly are confident that whatever they have planned for next season is good/interesting enough to keep viewers coming back.

13. Dianne

Dianne New Member

AMC cashing in on commercials - insults the fans

My household has watched twd since the start - we explain to non watchers it's not really a show about zombies - you get hooked by the interpersonal drama between the characters - you identify with their core. You look forward to each episode. From the 1st season to this season the commercials have doubled!!! Everyone is screaming at the tv!! Another commercial??? They break your mental connection to the story - this season was the 1st season my family members starting drifting away from the tv room - gotta check my texts - gotta go eat something - never before did i have to yell out - it is back on! Unfortunately for amc the response isnt oh let me run back in - its oh ok whatever. You did this to yourselves! Some jackass suit deciding greed should come first. I would much rather pay to watch twd then endure another commercial. Just make the decision to offer subscriptions already! You have proven your network can deliver the goods what are you afraid of? Losing viewers? After last night's debacle you surely are losing fans. Meandering around a very slow story line to have it all culminate in the last 8 minutes was insulting to your loyal fan base. I ask that the suits in charge actually sit thru the 90 minute episode watching every commercial and then formulate their opinion as to whether or not your ratings' seasonal decline is your own doing. Last night was so exhausting - it was not entertainment! We all decided we dont have to watch twd live any longer - too many other options. We will just wait for it to stream so we can enjoy it on our terms.

14. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

So. Why do they let the Saviours live that was siting in the road?

This is so ****ing dumb. How many are the Saviours? This is getting out of hand.

EDIT: ALso how did they plan this? Did they poison Maggie to get them out? HOW DO THEY KNOW? This is ****ing dumb.

#654 Marc, Apr 4, 2016
  15. Chansey

Chansey Member

No offense, but, can't you guys just wait the 2 minutes and interact with each other and talk about the show instead? Tailoring the show to be fast-paced enough to entertain "loyal fans" who'd rather run off to text message than wait a minute for their favorite show to come back sounds more like the money-grubbing ratings-grubbing suit approach to me.

16. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Idiots! THey are TO ROTTEN TO BE DARYL OR MICHONNE. KILL THEM ALREADY! KILL THE WALKERS! KILL THE SAVIOURS! WHO GIVES A SHIT! The war is already started!

EDIT: You people still think the Saviours are not useless? Either ***** Negan hires the Empires drill sergeants or he got a good price on the bad "dropped a sock in the mix" clone troopers from Episode 2 in Star Wars.

17. Mother dick

Mother dick Member

Yeah that one particular detailed bothered me too - how did the Saviors know that the group needed to take Maggie to Hilltop, and subsequently blocked off all routes? Spies in their midst?

18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Who can it be and how did they get it out?

Enid? I have no idea. I dont think so. Just a bit of lazy writing to show how nasty they are.

ALSO **** YEAH MORGAN!

EDIT: COME ON! What the hell! Did the timberman union get absorbed by Negan too!? What gonna see a bunch of bearded men with axes now too? Jesus this is getting way out there ridonkolous! I guess they want to burn down the whole forest. Also who is the hanged guy? He is not even part of Ricks.

#658 Marc, Apr 4, 2016
  19. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl Member

It's obvious by your lack of perception that some of you complaining are high school kids, but you do bring up some fair problems with this episode. The sheer numbers of the saviors is only a problem if there are are no settlements to hold hostage on the other end of the territory they hold. I think the writers are trying to build tension by using cliffhangers because they think the viewers are so naive and lack the intelligence to perceive layers of intrigue.
    Let's play a little game. Say they show Glenn getting Lucille upside the head. Now what are the reactions? Bitching cuz it's too soon after his escape? Crying cuz it's just like the comics? What if it was Abraham? Complaints that it's not like the comic.... people are going to complain about the writing no matter what because their view is myopic. But Gimple probably should give the viewers a little more credit, we're not all dumbshit kids...
    I do agree about the commercials, too many, too often. Primo advert spots should cost more, then we would/could endure less of them, and AMC can still make a buck...

20. PrettyZombie

PrettyZombie New Member

Cliffhangers have been overdone and outdone since the beginning of time, it seems. But it was the infamous "Who Shot JR?" from Dallas cliffhanger that begot the cliffhanger challenge. It seems each show has to try to outdo the other show before it with the biggest, most talked about cliffhanger. TWD is just playing that game. Gimple is an asshat for that, because we knew we would meet Negan in the season finale, and we knew somebody would get Lucille'd...but who? The fans have been talking about it for months already. And to make the finale a 90 minute commercial fest and then give us nothing is just douchey. Regardless, I love TWD and will tune in sometime in October to see the premiere of Season 7, to find out who got the tasty end of Lucille. If I'm not personally satisfied with the character death, I may give up the show. It certainly wouldn't be the first time I've given up on my favorite show simply because I grew tired with the drawn out story line only to be utterly disappointed at the conclusion. And for satan's sake! -what is the purpose of turning Carol back into a ***** character??? I feel like I'm watching a day-time soap opera. Sorry, but I just don't see Carol becoming such a wimp all of a sudden. Doesn't make any sense in the apocalypse, for Carol to be a beaten housewife who becomes a serious warrior just to turn into a puddle of mush.

Other than that, I LOVE JDM! He is rocking it as Negan! #BitchNuts ...Abraham delivers again!