Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

616 Praise and Positivity on the Last Day on Earth

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by HondaS2kXD, Mar 30, 2016.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Yaaaaaay...

this will be a strange thread.

2. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Lucille is the best groomed bat ever!

3. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Once it's over no more freakin' Better Call Saul, Microsoft Surface or Matthew McConaughey car commercials for 6 months. [​IMG]

4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

It's Fear The Walking Dead time!!

5. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Dwight takes off his shoes & socks, and fires a pistol with his bare feet.... bullseye!

6. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

Alright, I already expressed my unhappiness in the criticism thread and this post will be much shorter, but...
    • Loved Eugene's attempted sacrifice and his goodbye with Abraham. Those two should just have their own show.
    • Loved Abraham's attempt at a sacrifice later in the line-up. Wonderfully acted.
    • I thought Andrew Lincoln portrayed Rick's sense of crumbling despair perfectly without any words while he was kneeling in the line-up. The episode in general might have been a mess, but Rick's fear and guilt and hopeless in that moment was clear and terrifically acted.

7. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

-I liked the suspense and sense of increasing dread as the episode went on. Every time Rick and the group left the Saviors, they kept running into a much larger group until the final scene where it was impossible for them to escape.

-I agree with Spartangal's points about Abraham attempting to sacrifice himself at the line-up and Rick's emotions playing out although he said nothing.

-The way Negan taunted and tortured them the entire time -- even before doing "Eeny meny miny mo"...he was having fun with his prey...very sadistic.

-I know many fans aren't happy with the cliffhanger ending character's POV/camera-man got Lucille moment....but I for one thought it was extremely terrifying and disturbing. The blood entering the eyes, the blurry vision, the crash of the bat over and over again while Negan is saying "you're taking it like a champ" and you can hear everyone else in the background until complete blackness and silence. That blew me away.

(And yes, as I watched this scene all I kept saying to myself was "and some think Shane Walsh is bad?! Negan is straight up evil!")

#7 ShaneFan, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  8. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

My first post-airing post.

The episode was well-made. The story moved along well and didn't seem that there was any filler.

Now that the episode has aired, my angst about the cliffhanger has faded.

#8 westwingnut, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  9. MegaMattMKV

MegaMattMKV Member

Incredible episode, and exceeded my expectations. The whistling and tension in the episode was something The Walking Dead hasn't been on point with much lately. The hanged guy and the fact they blocked off EVERY single route was really cool.

They were trying to terrify Rick's group and seeing his reaction at the end was immensely satisfying, this is Rick outmanned, outgunned, and has no ability to save his friends right now. Simply awesome, and I want the afterglow to fade I think it may be my favorite episode of The Walking Dead

10. Simone

Simone Member

I enjoyed the episode a lot. They did a great job building the suspense as Rick and his people realized that they were being trapped and got more and more desperate. Carl's anger, Eugene's fear and resignation, Maggie's fear, Abraham's farewell to Eugene along with Rick's growing desperate when he realized they had Michonne and Daryl.

Andrew Lincoln gave an outstanding performance when Rick was kneeling down with the others. Rick's despair, helplessness, anger, and terror was heartbreaking. I just hope that Rick does not have another breakdown.

11. ostendadler

ostendadler Member

I loved the dread feeling crawling up my spine. Brilliant!

12. Melo

Melo Active Member

The episode was so good! i really think it was great! and it could have been the best episode of the show if it didnt end with the cliffhanger. I loved it and i was so nervous about the end, but no, AMC just made a huge mistake, whatever... JDM even though without the f-bombs he was awesome!

13. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

- JDM played a rather subdued Negan, but otherwise he really captured the charm, appearance, and overall vibe of the character.
    - The psychological warfare on the part of the Saviors was tense and well-paced.
    ... That's it...

I'm just still really salty about that cliffhanger...

14. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

The Eugene/Abe scene was a classic...and the grin Eugene had on his face right before starting up the RV was priceless.

15. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I liked JDM as Negan. I liked Morgan's horse. The first roadblock was tense.

The rest of it was shit.

16. ubear

ubear Member

I liked the Carol / Morgan story line and the two guys that helped them at the end. They were like the apocalypse knights in armour. And I like how the guy shook hands with Morgan. Can't wait to see their story next season.
    Unfortunately that was the only positive for that episode.
    Yes Eugene and Abraham had some touching moments, but all I could think of was ' don't tell me one of them's going to die.'
    The Rick and co story line was too dismal to put a positive spin on but I think it was done well.

17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Morgan growing, Eugene growing, I love it!

18. BigGunz

BigGunz New Member

Andrew Lincoln's acting was great in the last scene; he looked so hopeless and scared.

19. PapSett

PapSett Member

Andy's portrayal of the hopelessness was brilliant.

Eugene & Abe's goodbye.

Pretty horse.

That's about it.

20. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

The only good thing I can say about this episode is that it wasnt 2 hours long and then followed by the cliffhanger.