Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[616] Rate The Damn Dungheap!!

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 1, 2016.

?

Rate it immediately.

1. 10

17 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. 9

15 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. 8

22 vote(s)
    15.1%
  4. 7

8 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. 6

11 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. 5

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. 4

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  8. After watching this, I wish it was TWD's last day on earth.

25 vote(s)
    17.1%
  9. 2

9 vote(s)
    6.2%
  10. After watching this, I wish it was MY last day on earth.

15 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

5/10 half good ending bad. Will boycott season 7 debut.

2. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

That is a good catch.

I thought the link was what Neegan said or what I thought he said "He's taking it like a champ Dad." I thought it was Carl.

3. PapSett

PapSett Member

I gave it a 3. I never, never thought I would rate ANY TWD episode this low, but there you have it. So much pointless filler. And then to leave us hanging for SIX MONTHS??

Honestly, I'm not even sure I'll watch next season. After that long a wait, I doubt that I'll even care who was at the receiving end of Lucille.

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Episode was meh, Season was shit, Ending was a dirty cliffhanger just like the midseason and overall it was Season 4 ending all over again, Not cool.

5. Olivia

Olivia Member

What a crappy finale. I am seriously disappointed. Rick is psycho, no one will let Carol have a mental breakdown and everyone is so clean during the zombie apocalypse. I have been keeping DISh so I could watch the WD. Not longer worth it.

Did the Power Rangers save Morgan & Carol, my word

6. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Thought it was fantastic. Perfect 10, this episode kept me nervous and at the edge of my seat for 60 full minutes. Personally I think people loved the episode but are just upset they don't get to find out who died.

7. ~Wiccan~

~Wiccan~ New Member

0? Really? Nothing liked At all? :zombies_confused:

I'm not a fan of cliffhangers. However, I can understand their motives. Just check the ratings after the season 7 premier!

I love the show. They packed a ton of stuff into the episode. Season 7 should be fun and full of action!
    Gave it a 10/10[​IMG]

8. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I'd have rated this one an 11 if I could've. From the very beginning I was on the edge of my seat with anticipation, and gearing up to the end, I found it truly frightening. Negan's drawn out 'who will it be?' was driving my anxiety level up, as I imagine it was intended to do, to give the viewer the sense of what it would have been like to be in our gang's shoes at that moment in time. I'm not a fan of cliffhangers either, but there was such build-up, such intensity, I thought it was incredibly well done. Plus, I loved it when Eugene stepped up and suggested the plan on how to escape, with him being the guinea pig to drive the RV away. And the scene with both Eugene and Abraham, right before Eugene left...priceless.

9. HurricaneKid

HurricaneKid Member

Some of you are acting like pre-zombie apocalypse Carol. Accepting the beatings and justifying them because you set the table with the fork on the wrong side of the plate.

This is no way to tell a story. This is no way to treat your fans. Watching Talking Dead afterwards and watching Gimpel avoid eye contact with the camera clinched it for me. They know they have done wrong. And considering most of us non abused folks were still pissed about the Glenn ridiculousness earlier in the season its especially absurd.

I for one have had it. I'll probably binge at the end of next half season. And if it continues down this path I'll walk off on my own. Only that will be rational, unlike Carol's absurd arc.

10. WalkerHill

WalkerHill Active Member

you poor soul.

11. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I give this a 2.

Basically an hour of filler and a few minutes of an unsatisfying cliffhanger. Seriously, the extended running time was not necessary, but I guess AMC gotta pay the bills and pack them commercials in. Showing an hour of Rick and co. running into roadblocks was not interestnig. The "B" storyline with Carol and Morgan showed how far two of TWD's best characters have been destroyed this season. I barely cared what was going on with them.

I guess the comic book fans are clamoring for Negan to drop F-bombs left and right. I honestly don't care -- as long as he isn't channeling a 4 year old talking about "pee pee pants." The "American Javier Bardem" was okay I guess, but didn't exactly elevate the character with anything special. Not showing who was killed robbed the scene of emotional impact. Even most casuals knew he was going to "Lucille" somebody so it was empty storytelling.

12. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I gave it a 9. The acting, IMO, was magnificent. I would've changed the cliffhanger bit, but it leaves a lot to think about.

Will it be true to the comics? Is Eugene's show of chutzpah his fate? Are the fact that Abe's walls are crumbling enough for him to get the bat? Will the death Coke out of left field and be Rosita or Aaron? Keep in mind these are rhetorical questions.

13. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I just pee peed my pants ;)

14. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I agree. what was the extra time worth? More time driving around on the road? Just longer, not better.

15. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

i thought it was a better episode than what i expected. I knew about the ending having read about it a few days previous.
    I found it quite tense in parts.
    For me the highlight was seeing how the barbarity had finally broken Carol, someone who tried hard to be cold and unfeeling, but in the end she couldn't do it anymore.
    The ending didn't disappoint me, but neither did it have me desperate to see the start of season 7 and the long wait until October.

16. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Lowest rated episode ever of The Walking Dead on Rotten Tomatoes (32%) and IMDB.

[​IMG]

17. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

It's fallen to 5.8 on IMDB since. Second lowest is Still at 7.2, so this episode is being destroyed by STILL.

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think the episode as a whole was solid. I think people are giving it very low ratings due to the cliffhanger. I understand how they feel, but I can't negate all the hard work and creativity that went into making the first 91 minutes of the episode suspenseful. If it hadn't been for the cliffhanger, and they had found a way to Lucille the character in a really memorable dramatic fashion, I probably would have given this episode a 9.5 or something. The ending lowers it by one point for me. So 8.5.

19. ~Wiccan~

~Wiccan~ New Member

I really enjoyed watching Morgan kill the a**hole who shot carol. That was my "feel good" moment of the night. I'm glad he used a nice, messy gun AND emptied the clip into him! There was nothing zen about it. [​IMG]

20. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

Best I can do is a 7 and that is really reaching. Most of my rant comes from the amount of commercials, shameful AMC. Wanted to throw something at my tv but didn't figure AMC would replace it. The cliffhanger was just unnecessary and way too long to make fans wait, midseason might not of been as bad. In thinking surely they must know that it will not have the same reaction as it would of last night if showed but it then occurred to be that maybe that was the purpose. All along I have said that no way it would ever be Daryl but maybe they wanted to make sure viewers came back if it's him, and actually that would apply if Glen also. My biggest problem was more than just the clifhanger though, the episode seemed to have alot of filler scenes. I really can't take Morgan any longer and bored to death most of the time he is on. Lennie James might very well be a good actor but to me his character does not fit in TWD well. I don't know who is responsible for all this, SG, GN or RK but the ending to a good second part of the season should of been better. With that said, 2 things I did really like was one, the characters items placed on the chain walkers, nice to know they still have some creative people and the acting of all of them when they were lined up on the ground. They all did that very good. Now stay tuned for your commercial break-wow.:zombies_shocked: