Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

6x07 Criticism and Complaints!

Discussion in 'Episode 607 - Heads Up' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 20, 2015.

1. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

Cause Nicholas shot himself in the head= no zombie nick.

2. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

Honestly this whole walkers against the wall thing is annoying me no end. A knife attached to a broom handle (Morgan must have an endless supply of those) could be used to stab them in the head from above. A couple of people doing it for a few hours would surely clear most of them.

3. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

why I'm so stupid ??? :D

4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Helium.
    No hydrogen! Must remember heisenberg ... or was it hindenberg. Oh well, in either case it would make breaking bad. Oh the humanity.

5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This has been a problem in recent seasons. You suddenly have people doing things that are inexplicable. It's as if they twist the characters to fit the plot rather than stopping to think if the person would actually do something like that. Very frustrating and the show loses credibility.

6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, the more I figure the producers don't think the audience would recognize the American version, but the Russian version would be easily recognizable to anyone, so they went with that. It makes sense, if your audience doesn't recognize what something is, they surely won't know where it came from.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Your post will be largely ignored because they've invested too much time complaining about this already. :p

8. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Plus, the US miliitary might have gained some RPGs via other military forces once the apocalypse was becoming an apparent no-win situation. Well, in an ideal world, anyway.

Because of TWD, I'm learning so much about weapons... ;)

On another note, and a late one, the previous episode (Always Accountable) had a woman who had diabetes, and the trio were carrying around a cooler filled with insulin for her. Okay, to me this is a big faux pas on the writers' part. By now the world must be at least 2 years into the walker uprise, so any insulin that was available just prior to the breakout would in all probability no longer be viable - even if it had been properly refrigerated. Add to that, toting around long-expired insulin in a cooler that would no longer be capable of keeping the medicine cool, wouldn't this all be a futile effort? Yeah, I'm complaining late. But I forgot about this one till now.

9. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I know there's not a lot of love for FG, but I thought tearing down his posters was a bit mean. If people surrounded by a horde of thousands of walkers want to believe that a greater power can help them, then so be it.

It would seem obvious to most that their current predicament would imply that the greater power isn't bothered.
    but even so, if it stops the Alexandrians from panicing then its a good thing.

As my grandson would say, Rick is mean.

10. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

It was mean of Rick to do that but at the same time, Rick has every right to. Rick and his people risked their lives to save Gabriel's ass and he thanks them by throwing them under the bus. Gabriel is an asshat and will need to start doing more than praying to get on Rick's good side again.

11. f9lse

f9lse New Member

I think obvious no, predictable yes in my opinion. I couldn't see any barefaced evidence at the end of the episode to conclude glenn was alive, however it was most definitely predictable that he was alive. Screams and struggling under a mob of biters and easily nudging under a dumpster while a 170 pound dude and a half dozen zombies eating him rest on top of you doesn't suggest comprehensible evidence that glenn would make it out, it was with out a doubt a reach. Killing Maggie is more obvious, they having been killing her for a season and half in my opinion.

12. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I feel like a bit of a FG apologist, I don't think I am. I find his character fascinating. The ZA happened and he didn't step up, he wussed out. Then needed to be rescued by Rick et al, then as you say threw the group in the bus. BUT, I really want him to do something selfless. To put himself in harms way, and ideally be miraculously saved. Somehow.
    I was pleased that he wasn't dis-heartened by Rick tearing down his prayer posters and found the resolve to put new ones up. Now if he can just show the same tenacity in dealing with reality, he'll go some way to restoring his name.

Sadly, I think he might not make it past the mid season break.

13. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Now see, I don't think they're going to kill Maggie off. Not yet. Maybe a season or three down the road, but I just don't get that feeling. Could be wrong though....

14. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I have no problem with what Rick did and I despise Father Gabriel but I love that he's on the show. I like the actor and I think it's great to have someone like him (there are others too) that doesn't always do the right thing and struggles with the line between self-preservation and helping others. The fact that he was a priest just makes his struggle more interesting to me.

15. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

Exactly! I'm not alone. I think Seth is brilliant. To be offered the role of FG in TWD is a double edged sword, the character generates a lot of feelings, nearly all of them bad, and everyone hates you. But hey, you're a season regular in the TWD :)

16. JMac

JMac Member

i couldn't agree more, and you have a great point with the big cast, they are not handling it right. Or have just decided to do one option; split them up into groups. Split them up somehow. We will have a few characters here and there, seems like that's the only option they have used since Gimple started! It's just getting old... Too, seems like at the farm, or even season one had a big cast and they played it well. So having a big cast is no excuse. Too, since last season they just have a lot of build up and no follow thru. Stories just kind of come to an aprupt end. That's that. I mean how many weeks did they build the Glenn thing up!? How many minutes did they spend resolving it? One or two... How many months did they build Beth up? To end her in two episodes. Wolves have been going and going lil by lil, and now I think they are finished. Terminus, I spent a summer thinking about them, to only get two episodes before they were done.
    The comic material I agree, is good at this point as well. It just doesn't flow with the group being split on the show. I would of much rather seen Derrik drive a truck thru the wall, and the herd invade that way. Instead of some tower falling. I would of rather seen a sniper in the tower, getting shot and it falling. Then Rosita doing 101 machete training. I would of rather seen it all play out like the comics, and sticking to the story of the scavengers, being the wolves then watch 7 episodes of filler, just to get to the herd attack on Alexandria! How long can you stretch out one event into one or two days!?
    One more thing I will add is, it is not like the story isn't there to do it either!? They have set the wolves up to be the scavengers, and play that story out, and it's a great story, why tweek with it? I guess what I am saying is that they put the elements in place for a great story, ex. Glenn and Nicholas, or even the wolves whole story line to now, and then drop off a cliff, use a lil shock value, cause there isn't enough already in the ZA, then pick the worst direction for the story possible. It's all there, no follow thru. So I get it, you want to divert from the comics a lil, so no one can really predict what will happen next. The show and comic are two different monsters.. Well then hire some writers who are actually talented in developing stories for television. I'm not saying they have done a terrible job, it's been amazing at times. Just seems lately, your talent really shows thru when you decide to divert from the original material. The writers have the tool of the comic material, they pull from that, it's great build up, then wham, it's almost like, 'well what next? Nothing next, drop it move on.' That rant probably makes no sense.
    I love the show, don't get me wrong, and no I am not going to stop watching. It's just been frustrating. Play with time, split cast up into groups. Over and over.

17. Craven

Craven Member

What were the signs that he was hanging around the town?

18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

FG really disappoint.

19. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I like Glenn but think his escape this time was just too unbelievable. Watching at the time I was shocked he was "dead" in such a random unforeseen way. However, a similar thing had happened to Tyreese and I respected the show for that ability to surprise us (especially as a comic reader since a lot of TWD does follow the original story lines).
    That ending would have been so much better imo (shocking in the true WD style[​IMG])...if Glenn had been munched on properly at the end of Episode 3.
    Perhaps then his fate could as of now still remained undiscovered by the group - known only to the audience?
    Oh well, not to be.
    After finding out Glenn was alive I struggled a little to focus on the rest of the episode. 2nd time around it did seem better - although Spencer's effort was still just as ridiculous!
    I liked the ending, thought Rosita's speech to Eugene was good and also Morgan starting to have a few doubts about his outlook.

#99 Poor Mika, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  20. ella_k

ella_k Member

Yep. They should call it the Bad Luck Apocalypse where every disaster you can imagine will hit you at least twice a day.