Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

6x07 Rate the episode

Discussion in 'Episode 607 - Heads Up' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 20, 2015.

?

Rate the dog gone thing!

1. 10

8 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. 9

24 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. 8

22 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. 7

11 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. 6

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  9. I took my head out of my arse for this?

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. 1

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. St.Steven

St.Steven New Member

8.5 down to 8

Didn't care for the Glenn/Enid stuff but glad he's alive. Not a big fan how they are making it so obvious that Ron is going to shoot Carl, but maybe they'll throw us for a loop there?

2. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

I wish some of you were my teachers in school because you are very generous. Nothing really happened in this episode between the beginning and ending.

First two minutes we found out Glenn was alive. The last 30 seconds we found out the wall was coming down, but it was pretty obvious it was going to happen.

In the middle we finally found out that Morgan and Rick talked. Carol is going to kill someone and Ron is going to get killed. The writing of the episode wasn't great. We have a wasted scene of Spencer trying to get killed. It was a dumb scene all together. Kind of like they through it together just to get some action. The interactions between Glenn and Enid were boring.

I gave it a solid 7 and felt like that was generous. At least it wasn't a 90 snooze fest on Moron Morgan. I am tired of Morgan already. Kill him off. Hopefully, that is who Neagan will slaughter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8. Very solid episode with some great character interactions. Too little Carol and no Daryl bring it down for me. I'm super excited for the MSF next week!

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

7/10 - nothing blew me away this week, although I did generally enjoy the episode and interactions. I'm balancing in between happy and irked at Glenn being alive because I really do like the character, I just didn't see it as plausible him escaping.

5. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Maybe the real glen is still under there and this is really some type of dumpster mutant glenn. Looks just like glenn - acts just like glenn - thinks just like glenn - but with newly added Stache powers.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I was really expecting that this episode was going to disappoint, was bracing myself for a let down in regard to the Glenn reveal. Well shut my mouth and tell me to sit the hell down...I really REALLY enjoyed the episode from beginning to end. Going to watch a second time this evening with my daughter and son in law and have a feeling that it is going to be better the second time around.

And that bit with Ron stalking Carl at the end of the episode....CHILLING, damn right apples do not fall far from the tree!

With that said, giving it a solid nine

7. sheryden

sheryden Member

I gave it an 8. There were some nice character moments, and it was a nice build-up for the finale. But it didn't blow me away.

8. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

I also gave it a 8. I did really like how they did the Glen reveal at the beginning of the show and not leaving it until the end. I of course I would of rather it would of been a couple of episodes ago, right after but so be it. The rest was good at times but just ok at times. I didn't like how the Rick/Morgan/Carol/Michone meeting was just left hanging. Why didn't they come to some conclusion with him, such as telling him to call them before deciding to let a bad guy live, there anyway. Realistically Rick would of laid down some terms to Morgan. But no, so then Morgan is going to go find Doctor Denise to nurse the wolf back to life.
    Unless I am missing something, seems they need to work on their editing.

9. the walking jet

i thought "heads up" was a great bounce back episode from the forgettable "always accountable.."

i was fooled by glenn's apparent death scene.. when the camera was high above him, it looked to me like he was the one getting gutted.. & that moment i remember thinking wow, they really did kill off glenn after all.. but when the ground level camera angle showed it was nicholas' guts being eaten i was relieved.. the scene worked better for me than i thought it would.. the walkers were completely focused on nicholas' innards & that gave glenn just enough time to get under the dumpster.. LOLz i'll suspend my disbelief on why the walkers that were trying to grab glenn gave up..

i liked how the impending "talk" rick let morgan know would happen ended up including carol & michone.. i thought the omission of mentioning they would be there drove home that rick wants morgan to know this is all about the survival of his family & inner circle..

i disagree with morgan's black & white position on "killing" in the walker apocalypse but i thought he defended his point of view well.. man lennie james is a great actor!!

oh yeah, a rock solid 9 out 10!!

edit; almost forgot.. ron stalking carl like rick stalking pete was a nice touch..

#29 the walking jet, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  10. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

An 8. Looking forward to seeing how the gang get out of this one. Will it involve a Soviet era RPG and a fuel tanker :zombies_lol:

I hope they don't wind up on the road again - too much like the campsite/farm/prison/terminus...

11. MingoFan

MingoFan New Member

I thought the episode was fantastic! I'm one of those folks who wanted Glenn back no matter how cheesy (I would've been fine with a Bobby Ewing shower-dream thing), so the opening made me clap my hands in excitement. And the scene with Spencer over the walkers had me biting my nails (and I don't even like him very much, but the filming and editing worked), and the ending was maybe a little predictable since we'd been seeing the tower falling apart piece by piece throughout the episode, but still - OMG, what a setup for next week!

About the only source of frustration for me was Enid. Seriously, just slap her and leave her behind. What a brat.

12. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

i gave it a 6.
    Which is better than the latest episodes, cause I found it interesting, but Glenn's fake death explanation really was lame so I had to lowered down my score.

13. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

i have had enough of Alexandria and I'm keen for the horde to do its thang and come in. So pleased to see Glen again but feel a bit cheated by how it was done, how did Enid know it was him under the dumpster?
    great device having Glen survive but I think it didn't have to happen in the first place. Kill him and have done with it or don't kill him and stop with the tricksy dramatic devices that irritated me.
    i was equally pissed off with Spencer's stunt and Morgan's little secret. This season feels like it's being dragged out for too long
    now the tower and part of the fence is down I'm glad so the pace can pick up again

14. Brian and Pris

I like the episode more than you mtito, but the "farm/jail being overrun" line is spot on. It's feeling a bit redundant...getting a bit to played. Finding myself a bit uninterested.
    I think the Morgan intervention was really good but should have had more screen time. And Carol busting Morgan at the end was great.

15. Brian and Pris

my wife and I loved your post! :)

16. Rust

Rust Member

Enjoyed this episode, possibly my favorite this season so far. Ahh when the walls come tumbling down!

17. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I agree. When Glenn's supposed demise is meant to evoke pain from the viewers and then it turns into an epic social media frenzy?!?...Gimple, we feel the pain- but this actually trivialized the scene, IMO. We feel the pain everytime Chandler has to remove that vile rug, after a day of filming. We feel Danai's pain of wearing that worn out TJMaxx headband. You, Mr. Gimple, created an antithesis with your dumpster/Glenn/Nicholas story.

other than dumpster diving, it was the perfect prelude :p

19. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Not usually like me but....

wtf I just watch. :'(

20. Ricky

Ricky Member

I thought it was a fantastic episode, in fact the whole season has been pretty damn good so far. Next week is going to be intense!