Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

7-1 In Memoriam

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Tony Davis, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

will open during episode

2. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Rest in peace......[​IMG][​IMG]

3. SStark

SStark Active Member

4. EvieE

EvieE Member

I'm devastated

5. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

So sad...but I was so proud of Abraham for dying as he lived. And I loved Glenn telling Maggie that he would find her...

6. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

[MENTION=105492]ShaneFan[/MENTION]
    It was so sad... brutal too. I have to admit, even though I 'follow' TSDF (meaning I check up with their page every week or so cause I dont have an account), I kind of didn't expect two deaths. The Negan telling Rick to cut his son's arm off scene was shocking too... Definitely didnt see that coming. Though once it did I halfexpected Rick to cut his own arm off. Y'know, because of the comics.

I felt bad when I laughed during the whole 'Rick-get-my-ax' sequence.

7. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

@Shane357 - It was really brutal--far more brutal than I imagined it would be. I didn't expect two deaths either--even though I'd see it pop up over the 6 months we were waiting and even at the WalkerStalkerCon I went to. "Two kills!" kept coming up and I would think "well, that's overkill if they do that."

I was so worried that Carl would lose his arm, and then I was afraid for Rick not doing it and what would happen to the rest of the group if he didn't do it. I was telling my friend that--how the Governor cut off Rick's hand. Maybe Negan trying to make Rick cut off Carl's arm---that was paying homage to that comic scene with the Governor.

I don't know why, but when I read you laughed about "get me my axe"---then I laughed that you were laughing! And for me, watching Negan psychologically torture Rick like that was a great scene, but then my friend asked me: how did the axe get to the roof of the RV if Negan tossed it out? Then I pictured a string lifting up the axe from the ground and placing the axe on the RV. Finally...I imagined on IMDB under "Goofs": Negan tosses Rick's axe into a crowd of walkers, demanding he retrieve it. Next moment, the axe is on the roof of the RV.

#7 ShaneFan, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  8. OneCuteSmile

OneCuteSmile New Member

9. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

To brutal for me, gross too, though I usually close my eyes during those parts. I didn't expect both deaths even though I had seen that predicted for weeks. I liked Abraham but would of rather seen him go over Glen since he was there from day one. I have to admit though that over the last years, I liked both Glen and Maggie's acting better when they were apart. But I just see no reason for his death, don't care what the comics says, this is tv. Hope they both do well elsewhere.
    :zombies_shocked:

10. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

So sad, but Ross Marquand at the end of Steven's video was hilarious.

12. Kazper

Kazper New Member

Wow what an episode I knew something big was going to happen but never expected to see what actually played out. I was left shocked, numbed and speechless at the closing credits.
    I don't think I have ever been so shocked as I was by this epsiode and I have watched every episode since Season 1. This has to be the absolute lowest point I have ever seen Rick and his group
    get to. I wonder how if at all they can recover from this one.

Neagan has to be the most evil, brutal, dangerous, ruthless phycopathic killer that Rick and his group has ever met. The Governor looks like a nice guy compared to Neagan, Neagan is pure evil in all its forms.
    He took Rick apart brick by brick and put him back together the way he wanted. He broke Rick into little fragments and essentially scattered him onto the dirt.

I suspected that Abraham was going to get whacked. He seemed to be a dispensable character. So seemed the obvious choice. What I didn't expect was for Glen to go next. Truly shocking and gut wrenching to
    see his life smashed out of him. I was surprised when he survived last season. But at the same time felt he had used up his nine lives and it was only a matter of time.

I do think Daryl is partly responsible for Glen's death. Had Daryl stayed put and kept his mouth shut. Quite possbly Glen would still be alive.

The brutality of Abraham and Glen's muders I don't think will ever be surpassed. Abraham remained defiant in death. Glen like a lamb was slaugtered his awareness bashed out of him. His conciousness snuffed
    out like a candle. Murdered and silent.

13. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Eulogy for Glenn Rhees

GLENN RHEES
    You were with us from the start. We loved your sarcastic humor. Your quick maneuvering. We loved your bravery.
    You gave us a glimpse of hope, while falling in love. Your commitment to family. Our commitment to surviving.
    You were a husband, a fighter, and our friend.
    We will miss you Glenn.
    May your pizzas always stay warm.
    RIP GLENN

Eulogy for Abraham Ford

ABRAHAM FORD
    Abe, you came upon us, all mighty and strong. You never wanted to waiver from your mission.
    You took people in, knowing the strength in numbers. Convincing some into the importance of your quest.
    Your love for a beautiful woman, kept you smiling. But your love for walker removal, made you feel bliss.
    You were smooth talking and had some of the greatest lines. We will always question: "Who's Deanna" and when faced with a situation, we will utter, "Mother Dick".
    Your mission - is now complete. ROGER - OVER -and OUT
    RIP ABRAHAM

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

OMG that was so cute with everyone kissing Steven. :(

15. Troy

Troy New Member

Killed the show

I feel the death of these two characters has killed the show like so many t.v. series has done. When you remove the heart or foundation of the show then what is the point of watching anymore as character development is the most important part.

16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Every single person in this show has an expiration date. Anyone can go at any time. That's the beauty of the show (for lack of a better word lol). This was actually long overdue as they have not killed off a main character since Tyreese. (sorry not gonna count Noah since he wasn't around all that long anyway). Some go, others take their place. The character development is constantly shifting. That will always be the base of this show.

17. Buffalo Al

Buffalo Al New Member

Not too sad to see Abraham go , he was amusing but too much of a one note stereotype. Glenn though will be missed, morally he was a subtler counterpoint to Rick than Morgan and the show needs more than just scaredy cats and badasses

18. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

I'm not surprised that there were two deaths. After how season 6 ending and the backlash the show received from fans - that was only way they could and needed to go. Just killing Glenn would not have been enough and vice versa for Abraham. I'm not surprised that they died, and like most people predicated their deaths. But, by Got damn - I'm FREAKING happy that Glenn got killed. It was long over due.