Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

7 days to die

Discussion in 'Zombie Video Games' started by Skullberry, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

[video=youtube;rXphGXFPwJ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXphGXFPwJ8[/video]

One of the best zombie games I've ever played. It's a cross between Dayz and minecraft. It may sound like a ridiculous combination but it totally works. It's an post zompocalyptic open world survival game involving crafting, hunting and basically doing whatever it takes to stay alive. There is an interesting twist to the slow/fast zombie descision in the game...By day the zoms are the lumbering variety that we are used to...But at night it's a different story...THEY HAUL ASS. Mostly you encounter them in small groups but they also wander in hordes. Scary to see by day...40 or so zombies all lumbering along in the same direction, but at night...that horde is now a screaming crowd sprinting in the dark. If you are unlucky enough to find yourself out at night without shelter...your gonna have a bad night. One aspect of the game is that everything has varying degrees of destructibility. if they sense you in a house...given enough time...they will get in. A horde could actually bring an entire house down. I learned this myself on my first playthru...I found my self feeling like I was actually in the night of the living dead as I was boarding up the windows in a farmhouse...watching the zoms thru the cracks in the wood.

The graphics may be a little simplistic for some peoples taste...but i have never had a more visceral experience playing a zombie game. On more than one occasion I found myself at nightfall just digging a hole in desrperation to hide in. You can dig all the way down to bedrock if you'd like. Some of my best bases have been underground. You can still hear the footsteps of the screaming hordes pass over head. It can also be pvp if that's your thing, or you can try to cooperate with others on the server.

oh yeah....it's online multiplayer.

I had so much fun I actually rented a server to host a game. Mostly to protect from cheaters....the game is still in alpha so that is a small problem on an online game.

my server info is

port number

jump on in...

2. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

This video is from an earlier version where the graphics are really crappy...but it gives you an idea how intense it can get.

[video=youtube;vxnYQCdUD34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxnYQCdUD34[/video]

3. FUBAR_of_PA

FUBAR_of_PA New Member

Ok, I have got to pick this up!

4. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

It's on steam.

5. FUBAR_of_PA

FUBAR_of_PA New Member

Yeah it's been on my wishlist for awhile but I was waiting for Alpha to be over. Now I might have to pick it up early.

6. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

Alpha 9 just hit the other day...now the map is not set. the map appears infinite and no one knows what's over the next hill. it's different for each server set up. It's a big improvement over the alpha before it. very playable. Alpha 9 just hit Friday....people are freaking. I think mo-cap animation is next...it's just getting better all the time.

[video=youtube;mAc2bKuW-Nk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAc2bKuW-Nk[/video]

Last night a friend and I were making our way thru a bombed out city. it was getting dark and we came across a building that was mostly intact, all the other buildings were missing large chunks and were falling apart. we decided to enter the building (which appeared to be a large apartment high rise) and seek shelter for the night. We had to break boards off the front door to get in. Did this mean the building was sealed from before the outbreak...and therefore safe?

(shrug)

We settled in an apartment on a lower floor as it got dark, finding lots of supplies in the cupboards and what not. We didn't realize that all the noise we were making...as night fell...was disturbing the tenants of the building. Of course the entire building was inhabited by zombies all locked in their apts. ever since it all started. They must have been dormant until we disturbed them. The screams and bangs and crashes from all around us got louder as the darkness became absolute. You could hear walls, and doors and even the ceiling starting to give way. We had a long wait for dawn. We couldn't stand the pitch darkness anymore, it made the cacophony that much worse. In the server I set up...The darkness of night lasts a full half hour or so and that's how long we sat there in the near pitch blackness listening to the zombies tear the building apart around us. We couldn't make a run for it because all the noise that our neighbors were making was attracting other nearby hordes on the outside of the building. As dawn broke...so was the rear wall of our unit....they were getting in...

fun game!

#6 Skullberry, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  7. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

I bought it yesterday. I like it so far, however it can be difficult at first to find a weapon.

8. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

Yeah, frikkin dogs are a bitch. If you look at your crafting screen there are some recipes you know right at the beginning. The first thing you need is a stone axe. You can make that right away by collecting stones, grass and a stick. Convert the small stones to sharp stones. The grass to plant fibers. You can either get the stick from the bushes with no leaves on them or break wood down to planks...planks to sticks. Combine the sharp stone, plant fiber and stick in the crafting grid as the recipe shows you...hit craft and voila....You gots an axe.

From those same ingredients you can also make a cross bow.. add some feathers and you can make cross bow bolts. One hit to the head is all it takes for most zoms.

Cept those damn dogs.

#8 Skullberry, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  9. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Wow, I've been away far too long. Currently in hour 145 of my 7 days to die career. Stone axe, crossboow, once you get mining make a damn sledgehammer. Tyrese hasn't got a single thing on me and my sledge.

10. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Member

7 Days to Die does have a few issue and does borrow heavily from other games, but it's incredibly fun. I've sunk at least 100 hours into the game with friends. I don't find it nearly as enjoyable to play alone, but a group of friends makes the game unbeatable in my mind. It's worth giving a shot for anyone that hasn't yet or thinks it's a rip-off of DayZ or something like that.

11. FUBAR_of_PA

FUBAR_of_PA New Member

Got it in the Steam Halloween Sale... and it's awesome!

12. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

To any players of 7 Days to Die, there is a big update coming this week. Alpha 10 is going to bring a bunch of new game features. The problem is that your previous saves will be broken. So have fun in the lap of luxury while you can. A10 is bringing it.

13. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

Hey all....

I run a server for 7 days. I'm looking for some regular players who are looking for a cheat free environment. One problem with any game in alpha stage is hackers. After falling in love with this game and having the experience ruined time and again by cheaters I decided to rent a server where my buds and I could play without all the hacker headache.

If you wanna jump in the server info is...

IP 64.120.53.10

port 25230

P.S.

It's a noob friendly environment if you are just starting out.

#13 Skullberry, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  14. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

[video=youtube;IL0ItCrqdeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL0ItCrqdeM[/video]

Preview of the new alpha 13...including hd zoms with mocap animations.