Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[701] Praise and Positivity!

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by westwingnut, Oct 24, 2016.

1. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

They did an excellent job showing Bashed!Glenn.

AL's face showing he'd been broken was stellar acting. I wonder if they put extra lighting on his face to make it look lighter, as if the blood had gone out of it.

Fully Headless Nick was worth a mention. I laughed at that part.

Bring on the rest of season 7!

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Andrew Lincoln did an outstanding job last night. I felt every bit of his horror and grief. Ugh, when he was up on the roof of the RV......gut wrenching.

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yes and when he was holding up the hatchet to cut Carl's arm off, just sobbing and Carl said "just do it". My god. This episode got me good.

4. PepperAnn

I'm in a quandry. I want SO BAD to rewatch that episode....but I honestly don't think I can. This might go down as the ONLY episode I can never watch again.

5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I said the same thing! I said this will probably be the one episode I won't watch again...and then when it started re-airing after Talking Dead guess who was watching it lol.

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I watched again because i missed some things due to stream ****ing up and omg it hit me even harder the second time. I haven't felt this affected since Hershel's death.

7. PepperAnn

I started to....and then couldn't.

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I feel like something terrible happened to me last night. As sad as it was to lose Hershel, it still didn't affect me anywhere close to this!

9. PepperAnn

Exactly why I can't. I know I was in shock the first go round....even knowing it was coming. That random hit to Glenn was truly a GASP moment. Second time around will be a cry fest.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Usually I am able to post my thoughts on an episode the following day. This morning though, I think that the shock has worn off and now this new level of television series despair and sadness is sinking in and I am not sure how to compartmentalize it. When I try to put my thoughts in written form I suddenly forget how to form sentences....my heart is truly broken. And while the deaths were brutal and gut wrenching in their own right they are not the only aspects of the episode that I am having a difficult time coming to terms with.

I expected them (the deaths), I was somewhat prepared for what was to come, but honestly were any of us THAT prepared for what happened? This show has been great training ground for actors who may be fairly green. I remember SY saying once that this show was his first job other than little one off scenes in other shows here and there. And Chandler Riggs was a mere babe when he appeared in season 1. Fast forward to last nights episode. Steven Yeun over the seasons has sharpened his acting skills and has become in my estimation one of the actors I can always count on to bring 110 percent to his performance. But man, last night....he went beyond acting. There is no way I would call that acting - for me it was if he was living in that moment, he seemed so in sync with his character that I would imagine his cast mates were hard pressed to separate Steven Yeun from Glenn Rhee. Kudos Steven Yeun on a farewell performance that I will forever remember.

And Chandler Riggs. I loved his look of defiance when facing off with Negan. And telling his dad to just do it - THAT was one of those moments that had me gasping and trying to not have the ugly cry face.

Abraham giving the "peace" sign to Sasha just as Negan is about to hit him with the first blow and then Sasha's reaction to seeing him make that sign for her. While I did not see that on my first viewing, watching it in a clip was enough to pull at my heart strings.
    • My hope for Sasha is that she does not fall back into her angry mode of season 5. I think we saw a glimpse of who Sasha will be this season and I hope I am right in my assumption. I see her as being the caregiver, the strength that Maggie falls back on. We saw their budding friendship in season 4 but did not move past that too much in season 5 and 6. I would like that friendship to be explored in greater depth.
    • I loved the way Sasha approached Rosita. I love that those in charge seem to (hopefully) understand the need and the beauty in having these two women who are sharing in the same grief find strength and support with one another

Rick/Andrew Lincoln. What can I say that will come close to expressing how much I admire what this man brings to the character of Rick? I am not a writer, I do not have a fountain of descriptive words at my ready, but I will try and do him justice. He is flawless, he is damn near perfection and he does it with what appears to be great ease (though I am sure such is not the case). Not to sound childish but he was actually crying during that scene with Carl on the ground, he had a snot bubble coming out of nose for crying out loud. And his face, his eyes - as has been said time and time again he can convey every emotion he is having alone with a look.

• Jumping from the roof of the RV to the hanging walker. My heart fell when he made the leap and still felt as though it were falling with each moment he was closer and closer to falling into the sea of walkers below him.
    • Him laying on the roof going over and over the deaths of Abe and Glenn, so distressing to watch

I need a break...too many thoughts and they are all becoming a jumbled mess

#10 Dnae, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I missed the peace sign. Aww. Such love.

Thanks, Dnae.

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

To the rep giver....thank you for such a sweet sentiment :D

13. batongal

batongal Active Member

I love the title of the episode. I think reaching back to season 1 and the words Jenner told Rick brings everything perfectly full circle. Glenn's determination in telling Maggie he'll find her was gut wrenching and beautiful. Abe's peace sign to Sasha just amazing and stood true to his fortitude and persona. The dinner scene of course.
    The calculated breakdown of Rick was mesmerizing. He's but a shell of the man he once was. Lori's death might have made him koo koo but this is something altogether different and he was astounding portraying it.

14. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Ditto. So glad others feel this way. Watched twice last night and couldn't wait to get here to see the reactions and post my own. But somehow words fail to articulate what seems like a thousand different thoughts going on in my head, and all I'm left with is a string of cuss words.
    It wasn't just the deaths, but the way Negan made Rick his bitch....f'ing painful.

15. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I loved this episode. It really jumped the comic pages out at you into reality and then some. It was horrifically beautiful. I laughed at Negan's lines because this evil psychopath is really coming to life. JDM played Negan perfect. I knew who was dying from filming updates but didn't know when or how. Best episode to date.

16. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

That was me. I thought it would automatically include my name. :)

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have had a bit of time to decompress today (waiting in an early vote line for an hour will lend itself to that).

The deaths....boy they were brutal. And while I was dreading the fact that we were going to lose at least one "someone" important it was not the part of this story that I was dreading the most.

Which leads me to bit of the episode that I have been dreading since the beginning of season 6...watching Negan emasculate Rick. Seeing the despair and complete devastation of Rick, his reluctant resignation that he must succumb to Negan in order to save the remaining members of his family not only in that line up but those waiting for his return to Alexandria. Seeing this play out hurt my heart and sitting here thinking about it, well my heart is breaking all over again.

But damn Andrew Lincoln played it beautifully.

So now I wonder how long will TPTB plays this out in the TV series until we see a glimmer of our "real" Rick return.

While the immediate aftermath of the events found our family pulling together what will we find them as in the coming episodes. Will we see those fractures? The anger? The need to place blame with someone tangible to them?

While to quit watching the show is not an option for me I do wonder how I am going to fare through these coming episodes.

18. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Snot bubbles from Rick- can it get anymore realistic?
    i love him for this reason!

19. PepperAnn

My exact thought. That snot bubble really got to me. As frikkin weird as that sounds. lol

20. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

I'm a Negan fan, with Rick as basically the highest second place one could be (and was my original first).

And good Lord, watching the episode was exhausting. Reading everyone here today is exhausting. My spirit is just mentally and emotionally WRECKED.

Rick snot bubble may have broken me, not gonna lie.