Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[701] Praise and Positivity!

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by westwingnut, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Freak!!!

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I fell in love with a snot bubble! :p

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Is that a Rick James song I hear playing? Why yes, yes it is!!!

*cue music* she's a very kinky girl....the kind you won't take home to mother

4. PepperAnn

[​IMG]

5. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

This is one of the best episodes of The Walking Dead, yet possibly the only one I will not be watching again any time soon.

When I think about the overall range of emotions I experienced yesterday, including shock, sadness, disgust, frustration, and emptiness - I simply realize that this was indeed effective television. The cast and crew got their point across loud and clear and in my humble opinion made up well for their S6 cliffhanger.

Glenn is quite possibly the character I empathize the most with and whose qualities I very much admire. His suddenly horrific and unexpected (from the character's point of view... because who are we kidding? We all knew it was Abe and Glenn) gave me something that I have been waiting a long time for with this show - It finally gave me a tremendous feeling of loss and grief... Like actual borderline bereavement. Glenn was a wonderful character and I still haven't fully digested that he is off the show.

Major respect for this episode to provoke that kind of raw emotion. I've been saddened by the loss of a handful of characters, shedding a tear here and there (sometimes more tears than I am willing to admit), but Glenn was different.

On a less serious note - I went on a mini-rant to my fiancé about how that snot bubble is Oscar worthy. I truly believe Andrew Lincoln should receive an Emmy nomination.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

7. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

By far an amazing episode. I watched it again the next morning just to make sure through the tears I didn't miss anything. That being said I probably won't watch it again till the mid season break when I am going through TWD withdrawal.

8. PepperAnn

9. Eat Carol

Eat Carol New Member

I approach each episode with the optimism that this is the night Carol gets eaten.

10. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

As do I that Beth might return just to get killed again.

11. Monster Voices

I'ma bit late to join the party but really this is the best episodeof any show ever. I thought nothing could top the last 2 episodes of GOT or in terms of TWD - No way out. But this one blew them all out of the water!

12. Mockingbird

Mockingbird New Member

Yep, killer episode (pun intended). It was great in it's purpose of breaking down Rick, the group and the fans. Now, time to rebuild. It's a new world.

13. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

How wonderful!

14. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

By the way, the post count for 701 exceeded the count for 601 this morning. A good sign for this show.

15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

The little boy playing Glenn and Maggie's baby, in the hallucination, was Angela Kangs son Screenshot_2016-10-28-21-19-15.jpg

16. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

[MENTION=17192]Dnae[/MENTION] I died when Maggie embraced Carl. I may have mentioned this before, but it's worth repeating.

[​IMG]

17. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I love that they do this!

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I love these little snippets of information!

19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Maggie has always been one of those characters that I like well enough, have always thought that Lauren Cohan did an okay job in the acting department. And now here in the premier episode of season 7 she knocked it out of the park. Her scenes at the end were great. I am looking forward (and hoping) to her character evolving into a kick ass warrior and great leader in her own right.

And yes my boy Carl. I like that while Carl is still badass (hell he stared down Negan) he has this side to him that is compassionate and loving. And it really comes through when he interacts with the women in his life. With Michonne and Carol I get a sense that he sees them as mother figures, especially Michonne. And with Maggie he sees her as an older sister, not to mention that she was with him when his mother died. They share that experience, that grief and heartache, only natural that he would feel a need to be there for her when facing her own grief and heartache.

One day I will be able to watch this episode again. I watched it a second time with my daughter and do not think I will be going in for another view for quite some time.

20. PepperAnn

Ughso
    Ugh so did I!! That hug was in my top heartbreaking moments of the episode.