Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[701] The day has come to RATE the silly goose!!

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 19, 2016.

?

Rate it or face the consequences.

1. 10

46 vote(s)
    40.4%
  2. 9

30 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. 8

8 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. 7

13 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. 6

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. Meh, another day, come and gone.

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

4 vote(s)
    3.5%
  10. I'm sorry this day ever came!!

6 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Do it immediately.

2. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

An 11 out of 10.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

A 1? Really? Show your face!!

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

10 only because that is as high as allowed.

5. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

7. I thought everything before we actually saw the victim was plain filler and more attempts to drag out the reveal, but the stuff that came after was terrific.

6. jujulita

jujulita Member

If you rate THIS episode a 1 I don't even know how you made it this far into the show. Or you're a troll

7. Rozzer

Rozzer New Member

That's the whole point, showing it instantly would've been kind of disappointing; I think the length before the reveal was pretty good.

8. Neuropyramidal

In tentative defense of the '1' voter, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume maybe they chose that option not because they thought the episode was bad, but because the option was "I'm sorry this day ever came" and they were just really sorry to see these deaths. Tentatively. ;)

9. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Gave it a 9...only because I wasn't thrilled with the first 15-20 minutes. The whole part where Rick was flashing back to everyone was not my favorite. But the last 40 minutes were as good as any in the entire series. Brutal in a good way IMO. I can't say I enjoyed it but I was mesmerized. Great acting too - especially Andy and JDM.

10. Neuropyramidal

I really liked this episode. Without question it was powerful. Great acting all around. Great aftermath reactions. Good and believable method of breaking them by Negan. It would have broken me. It was totally credible that Rick would have the desire to fight back drained from him, especially after the close call with Carl. I may have changed the scene a bit where Rick decided to jump to the hanging walker and Negan successfully saved him just before he falls. Hey, I had to criticize something. ;). I really like Jeffrey's version of Negan so far. Part of me wants a bit more comically verbose Negan, but I'm saving my verdict on that until I see more of him.

I give it a 9.7.

11. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

9.5 JDM and A.L. acting were off the charts.. As entertaining as any great episode but I cannot give it a 10 because it hurt too damn much to see Glen murdered in such a horrific disturbing way. This is the only episode that ever made me feel a little sick by the end.

12. SStark

SStark Active Member

I gave it a 9. This episode was really so well done, but I still cannot get over the cliffhanger. The whole thing would have been so much better in one sitting.

Rewatching this is going to be kind of dumb going from S6 to S7.

13. MegaMattMKV

MegaMattMKV Member

10 for me, for the Negan/Rick van scenes, the OBVIOUS scene, Maggie's raw genuine emotion, Rick/Carl Axe Scene, Negan's Amazingness, and definitely the last scene with the dinner table and Negan's quote was an incredible sendoff.

Pretty emotionally drained from this one.

14. batongal

batongal Active Member

great but sad episode.

15. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

9.5,because this episode really HURT.

16. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

10/10
    The most intense episode of television I have ever watched.

17. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

9.5 because it hurt to the CORE dumbass.
    A great episode but it really HURTS. Rick going to cut Carl's arm off just intensified this episode off the charts!

18. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I gave it a 9--only because I wanted it be an hour and a half! I have to say it was really well done. There are so many things I loved. IMO, the 6 month wait was worth it. I don't see the praise thread so I'll just type what I really loved and I'll probably forget some things, but here it goes...

1. Loved the mixed up chronology.
    2. Loved Rick's POV when looking up and down the line-up when Negan is doing Eeny Minny Miny Moe--it was completely immersive of Rick's experience. I could feel his intense fear as to who was going to end up receiving Lucille...
    3. Loved Negan using the RV to hit and run walkers, and then their blood sprayed on the windshield, Negan asked Rick if that reminded him of anyone--to remind Rick that he just murdered two of his family members...what a cruel way to psychologically torture Rick, as though killing Abraham and Glenn in front of him wasn't enough. Especially Glenn's kill since Negan had to prove that he was "a man of his word."
    4. Loved Rick's flashbacks of everyone---these are his family, the people he loves and all this time he was trying to lead them, protect them...
    5. Loved Abraham standing up to Negan with "suck my nuts"---he died a good death...as the mentioned on The Talking Dead---Negan killed Abraham--but he didn't beat him.
    6. Loved Glenn's final line to Maggie "I will find you..." Wow...that was beautiful...
    7. Loved how they incorporated keeping Glenn's death true to the comic, doing the two kills--which I really didn't expect...
    8. Loved seeing the emotions of the rest of the group when Glenn's and Abraham's murder happened...especially Daryl's, Rosita's, and Sasha's...Daryl you could tell he felt so guilty...Rosita and Sasha grieving the man they loved, Maggie's reactions got at me too...
    9. Carl telling Rick "just do it..." willing to sacrifice his arm so that the rest of the group lives
    10. Rick finally broken down, sobbing, weeping, snot, drool---incredible acting on Andrew Lincoln's part
    11. Jeffrey Dean Morgan -- he's so sadistic and cruel, but just like the rest of the actors and actresses on this show...he isn't playing the role of Negan...he *IS* Negan
    12. Sasha and Rosita coming together out of their love for Abraham
    13. Maggie finding the strength to say they have to fight
    14. Abraham facing his death head-on even though he had tears in his eyes
    15. The whole "get the axe" game that Negan was playing with Rick
    16. The way Negan swung the bat after killing Abraham (or was it Glenn?) and the blood is whipped onto Rick's face.
    17. The scene of our group having a meal together...it's what we want for them...to all be happy together. And alive.
    18. The Savior who took a pic of Glenn (I caught this during the second watching)...it adds more creepiness to Glenn seeing his own death in the photos of previous Negan's victims-- the foreshadowing.
    19. The despair and helplessness was so thick and heavy...everything felt so real.
    20. I just loved it. Period. I love TWD for the intense emotions, characters, situations...and this episode was all of that times 100.

Okay, I think that's enough for now....I loved it so much. And I'm watching it a second time since they're replaying it...

(And damn, how I miss Shane Walsh so much...I wish he was still around to team up with Rick against Negan...)

#18 ShaneFan, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  19. LMT

LMT Member

That was brutal and heartbreaking. I'm actually still a little shaky. Absolutely one of their best episodes, but I don't think I could watch again it for a long time...

20. Rhovanion

Rhovanion Member

10/10. Absolutely stellar episode, and for me the wait was definitely worth it in the end (and I was NOT happy with the cliffhanger initially). The acting was so raw and gut-wrenching. Seriously, the only "complaint" I had while watching the episode was that the season 7 title sequence wasn't new/different enough from season 5-6, everything else was just superb.