Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[702] The Well- RATE the sassafriddle!!

Discussion in 'Episode 702 - The Well' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 28, 2016.

?

Rate it or bust.

1. 10

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. This was put together quite well.

28 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. 8

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. 7

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Well, at least it had decent commercials.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Me no feel so well.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. A well?? More like a bottomless pit of poop!

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rate it or die trying.

2. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

Gonna have to go 8/10 on this. Definitely good to give us a bit of a break after the insanity of last week, it would be hard to follow up that intensity. I was gonna go 7/10, but it introduced Shiva so I had to go one higher just for her.

By the way, I ended this episode with a real strong craving for Pomegranates.

3. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

A very high 9. Excellent episode.

4. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

yup I couldn't do a 10, but very high 9.

Thoroughly enjoyed!

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I thought it was a well put together 'sode, even though I've never been the biggest fan of bottles.

I'll go with an 8.8.

6. calliope

calliope Active Member

Awesome episode! I've never cared for bottles either, but I feel they made great use of this and really moved the story forward.

Fantastic performance by MMB. Yes, she put on the suzi homemaker façade, but it was just strained enough so it was credible that Ezekiel could have
    seen through it. Great job by Lennie James as well, very honestly showing the conflict he's feeling about living in the world.

Absolutely loved Ezekiel. What a voice! I particularly like that he revealed himself to her using plain language. We learned so much about him
    by watching how he cares for his people, and the nasty little present delivered to the Saviors.

And I totally think that they pulled Shiva off. If I didn't know it was CGI, I would have thought it was real.

7. LilaLurker

LilaLurker New Member

I enjoyed the episode and prefer T.V. Ezekiel and Shiva over the comic version.

I rate this an 8.5.

8. Mockingbird

Mockingbird New Member

I rather enjoyed this episode, nice to take a breather from the shock of last week and actually laugh a little. Ezekiel's intro was interesting and even comical and somewhat better than the comic I might add. It was nice to catch up with Carol and Morgan, and it will be interesting to see how they will now blend into the Negan storyline. I gave it a high 9 but then how can you not rate a show high that has a tiger in it?

9. chabadoo

chabadoo New Member

I would rate this episode a 100 if I could. Not because it was so great itself (it was very good though), but because it was so great after the painful last episode. A gleam of hope - the context makes it all.

Plus, I liked the "Zoo Keeper Story".... and I like tigers.

10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

TEN for Shiva!

TEN for King Ezekial!

TEN for Suzie Homemaker!

Ten for the face falling off of the walker! EWWWWW Startled myself shrieking.

Ten for everything. I don't find any faults at all. None, none, none. But now I will go read the Complaints thread.

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I give this one a 9. Been awhile since I enjoyed a TWD episode this much. Good writing and character development. Also like how they worked in a couple of other characters along with Ezekiel. The mentor role for Morgan will be interesting going forward. Ezekiel is a great addition.

12. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

7.5.... A bit of a let down after the insanity of last week....but not bad. it was a typical early season story-line development episode to set up the rest of the season...

#12 mtito914, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  13. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

It was an alright entry. I'm not sure how I feel from such a different shift in tone from last week. Giving the Saviours slaughtered pigs who just ate walker meat was a nice touch. I'm not sure how I feel about Ezekiel. It looks like the actor is wearing a cheap costume with the fake looking dreads and everything.

14. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

15. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I'm giving this one a 9. Overall it was an excellent episode. After the intensity of the premiere, this was a nice relaxing breath of fresh air, much like the Morgan episode from season 5. The Kingdom seems to be quite well done. Ezekiel in particular was very good, and that's something I was skeptical of. I think they've managed to do a good job of capturing the more 'over the top' nature of Ezekiel without making it feel exaggerated.

They used Carol as something of a plot device. Her confusion and extremely skeptical regard for the Kingdom basically reflected how the audience was feeling, and they used her as a device to question and explain those things. This was a good idea, but personally I'm not much of a fan of the 'sweet, weak Carol' that we seem to be seeing a lot of lately. I think they're taking her character somewhere interesting eventually, but I'm missing the old Carol. That's basically what stopped this from being a 10 to me.

16. HurricaneKid

HurricaneKid Member

I totally concur.

The last season really wore me out in re: perpetual moral decay. The writing has been brazenly self serving: characters doing things out of character to advance plot lines, the Glenn dumpster saga, etc all had me considering taking a hiatus from the show. But a little hope where none should exist because a Zookeeper with community theater background was able to hold a large community together really did brighten a dark picture.

17. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I rated it 9.
    It was a very well written episode and I just love Ezekiel and Shiva. I'm a bit behind with the comics, so I didn't get far into the developement of the Kingdom in the comics, but I already love it on tv. I like the little twist, that they feed the pigs for the saviors with walker meat.
    Carol and Morgan were great in this episode too (to be honest, they are great in every episode - no matter what one thinks about the characters, the actors are among the best in that show imo). I just love, how they both are in some way forced to overthink their different world views.

18. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

total dud for me, how did we go from a program with characters like Shane and Merle to where we are now? I'll just hope this is the seasons obligatory dud episode.
    Oh and that CGI tiger. If all it did was sit there why couldn't they have used a trained real tiger? I was just cringing the whole time when it was on screen.

19. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Gave it a 9. Enjoyed it. Especially when Ezekiel showed up at Carol's house. Love in the cards?

The Kingdom made me wonder -- why hasn't Alexandria been able to accomplish any of this in the almost two years before Rick and gang came? Since then, it has been the typical Rick gang's bad luck (such the quarry walkers) and the exceptionally poor leadership. Rick is a great military leader but he's no good at society/civilization building.

I loved that the kingdom has a library which includes practical how-to-do-it books. From the beginning of TWD, it has been so obvious that the loss of human knowledge from all the dead brains is the biggest loss of all. And that the one place to try to recover that knowledge is books ---from bookstores and libraries. Rick's group has encountered both of these and hasn't picked up so much as one book. Plus music-- the people singing and practicing their song. Let's not forget animal husbandry -- why hasn't Alexandria gone into the City? If the Kingdom could round up pigs, why couldn't they? Plus the school --which at ASZ got only lip service.

20. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

I do think this was better than last week's episode tbh, so it's a solid 9. It was great seeing Morgan in a new light and Carol slayed, obviously.