Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[703] The Cell- Rate the fooker

Discussion in 'Episode 703 - The Cell' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 6, 2016.

?

Rate it till your heart bursts

1. 10

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. 9

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. 8

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. 7

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
  5. 6

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  6. 5

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. 3

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  9. Cell? More like I needed a tissue after this!... Cause..cells make up tissues. Go with it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. The writers should be put in a cell.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rate it till the cows come home hoping for money...

2. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

I am gonna have to go 7 here. It didn't quite live up to the previous two episodes, in my opinion, and the odd style of it did throw me off a bit. It may be better when I rewatch it, but for now, it was a pretty average episode.

3. SStark

SStark Active Member

I gave it a low-end eight. Not enough Negan for it being a Sanctuary-dedicated episode.

Would've appreciated seeing Negan give somebody the iron, but I feel like we may still see that down the road.

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I gave it a 5.

I was depressed through most of this episode. Then again, I'm opposed to the story arcs Gimple has put Daryl through as of late.

High points for me was the confrontation between Dwight and his friend who fled the Sanctuary, Daryl refusing to be broken, and Dwight and Sherry breaking while they tried in their own ways to break Daryl.

5. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

It's odd, because I actually thought the scenes with Sherry were strong, as were the scenes of Negan trying to break Daryl, and the one between Dwight and Negan. I don't feel like this was enough to fill an episode, though. To me, this is the prime example of why the show shouldn't always stay in one location during an episode, but would benefit from switching between multiple places. It felt like there were some powerful parts of this, but the rest was just, "Look, the Sanctuary is really good for people who work for Negan, and really bad for people who don't like Negan, and Negan is really bad," which could have been summarized in about 2 minutes.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I liked this episode. As much as I like JDM, I do sort of wish Negan was a bit more boisterous and jovial when he was making his goofy remarks. But I still like this Negan.

I give it a 9

7. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

8. jujulita

jujulita Member

A solid 8. Moved the story forward, shed some light on things. Good episode

9. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

8. What [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] said, but for me there was too much Dwight.
    (As a sidenote, my brother said he wanted there to be an earthquake under the bridge Dwight went under. He's caught on!)

10. batongal

batongal Active Member

9. good explanation to why Dwight is who he is.

11. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I give it an 8. I do agree that they don't need to just focus on these characters this episode, could have just multi tasked. But the scenes were pretty good.

12. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I'm giving it a solid 8. I don't think it was quite as good as the first two episodes, but it was still good. It moved the story along and gave us at least a partial introduction to Sanctuary. I can see some very interesting potential story line developments coming from Dwight and Sherry. JDM as Negan is great, and the scenes between Negan and Dwight were very well done. The scene with Dwight and the guy who was trying to run out on the road was a good premise, but I felt like it fell a little short. The acting talent of the guy who was running left a bit to be desired in my opinion. It just didn't feel all that convincing to me. I was glad to see that Daryl isn't breaking, or at least not yet.

The fact that I'm going to have Easy Street stuck in my head for the next week deducts a point from my score for pain and suffering lol

Overall I feel like there wasn't enough story in this episode to justify filling the entire time slot. They stretched things out a bit too much. I'd have liked to see this episode mixed up with a bit more thorough of an introduction to Sanctuary. There are still some major players there that haven't been properly introduced in any large capacity yet.

#12 QuantumCurt, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  13. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

Gave the episode a low 9. Would have loved more Negan. Solid episode though.

14. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I give it a solid 7.5-8. It did a very solid job fleshing out the Dwight character and a little bit about the inner workings of Negan's crew. I don't think there were any "special" moments that would've bumped the score higher. It was a quality episode overall and one of the better single character centric episodes of the series.

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I land between giving the episode a solid 7 or a shaky 8....to round up or down that is the question!

[​IMG]

16. Platix

Platix New Member

I gave it a five because compared to some of my favorite eps, that I would give 10's to, it was just that to me...a big old five. I would have given it a six if they had named it "Daryl goes to summer camp", but I digress.

i just like episodes that multitask between groups. I just feel like the story moves faster that way. If I can find one flaw in the show, it's that sometimes I feel as though the story kinda drags, and they take a full hour to play out something that could have been done in twenty minutes. Sometimes I finish a new ep. thinking... "that's all I get this week?". I wanted to get more of the story.

So far I think the season is solid, but definitely not my favorite to date. That could very well change if they throw in a few action packed blood fest additions. But that's yet to be seen. One can only hope. Keep the action level up!!! Anyways.. that's my opinion for what it's worth. I'm sure some will disagree.

17. Jay Bonansinga

I give it an 8. It was a good eppy but I really was upset that Dwight doesn't use an eyedropper. What was The Gimple thinking not including that?

Thank You~Jay

18. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Exactly the same here.

Watching her lip move is soooooo weird.

19. Mockingbird

Mockingbird New Member

I gave this episode a 5, it was very middle of the road for me. Yes it gave us a glimpse of life in the sanctuary but it was just that, a glimpse, I wanted more! As another poster mentioned it would have been a great addition to see Dwight use an eye dropper as he does in the comic, it would have been a nice touch. The telling of Dwight and Sherry's story was well done but I wanted to see even more of what life is like under Negan's rule, it wasn't as impactful as it could have been. NR was the stand out of course, and frankly he had me at that opening cell scene, could have freeze framed and camped there for a spell...

20. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I gave it an 8. I liked, that they fleshed out Dwights character and that we get a solid explanation for his behavior. Of course, Jeffrey Dean Morgan was brilliant as ever and it was nice, to finally get a glimpse at life at the Sanctuary. I wish, they had show more of the latter, but I guess, there will be some more episodes there.
    Daryl should become a member of House Martell: Unbend, unbound, unbroken. Hope, he stays that way (and alive of course)