Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[704] Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 704 - Service' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Rust

Rust Member

So, like I've said before, a cartoonish over the top unbelievable eeeeeevilll villain is just childish writing. We are supposed to believe this psychopath rose to power and now commands an army of slack jawed yokels who obey his every whim. Really?? And this broken again Rick is just pathetic..oh noes..will Rick ever recover and get his revenge??? C'mon already...juvenile childish writing all around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Enjoyed the episode. Nice to see Michonne doing what she does best - fighting. It lived up to the wait and hype

JDM as Negan is good, but he has some over the top moments/scenes in there. But, based on the comic caricature, he's still playing the role right.

3. Chiron

Chiron Member

Negan is getting on my nerves. I know his comic character has verbal diarrhea or something but the jest- a- thon is wearing thin for me. I get he has lots of dudes who pick on kids like Enid over uhmmm balloons etc. but his character is becoming less believable per episode. Anyway, it just makes Andy and Danai's acting so much more impressive when JDM is given panto.

As much as watching TWD is not very fun for me these days, I am looking forward to the war that is coming. Right now it is obvious they are outmanned and now outgunned so we wait.

But watching Negan do his little Rumplestiltskin gig is boring me now. Loved being back at Alexandria though and though this is "complaints" thread I treat it more like commentary. Have added to the positive thread too just to make it even.

#43 Chiron, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. hiddeninside

hiddeninside Member

I hate it when something is not logical. And for me, this whole episode was not logical. The Alexandrians were inside their walls. They had enough weapons, a gate and a watchtower. There was not a large group of 200 Saviors surrounding the whole complex – there were only 20 or 30 of them and all in one place. Why not take one of those bombthrowers and kill all those Saviors at once – Negan, Dwight, the whole lot of them?

Why not?
    Because Daryl would have died? Certainly, but everyone else could have survived; and they would still have all their weapons. And – not to forget – Negan would be dead.
    Because there are still other groups of the Saviors around? True – but wouldn’t they be at least a bit intimidated if something like that would have happened? Maybe they would rather leave Alexandria alone then…

Would it have been reckless? Yes! It’s something Abraham and Daryl would have done, but obviously not Rick. He tries so hard to make the right decisions and protect every one of his “family”; but I think – THIS was a mistake. (or – from a meta-perspective – a story writing trick to prolong the Negan-story for… a very long time…)

By the way – that’s also the reason I said in one of my earlier posts, Daryl’s best option to help his people – if he couldn’t escape – would be suicide. Sounds cruel, but what could Negan have done without his leverage? So, Rick gave in because he didn’t want to risk his friend’s life. All he did in this episode was to save his people. But sadly – it was not logical. Because – what do they have now? No weapons anymore – not to defend themselves or their homes; and not to hunt. So – what will happen the next time, Negan arrives at the gates? If Rick couldn’t find “something special” for him? Next time, they don’t have a chance to defend themselves anymore…

5. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I actually don't think i have specific complaints for this episode. I just didn't find it overall all that compelling. I pointed out some of my favourite moments on the P&P thread but it's harder to list any specific criticism. It just didn't feel tense enough for me, wandering around Alexandria watching the Saviours ransack their stuff, threatening Olivia (we're supposed to care, right? Just making sure. Ok I'll try to care) and pushing Rick's buttons....to absolutely no effect. I mean he did give in and give Negan everything he wanted, but he wasn't overly subservient nor was there tension with some fighting back. It was all so, meh.

Also illogical was Spencer at the beginning, asking who he was. He can't be serious, is he just a moron?

6. Rust

Rust Member

Knock knock.."Hi, I'm a deranged psychotic murderer here to take your substantial armory"
    "oh, sure come right in, please take our only chance to defend ourselves against your maniacal murdering tendencies'
    "thanks guys"..."wow..that was easy!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Basalt

Basalt New Member

Agree 100%...

I guess all the surviving ZA groups are just real stupid........or at least the writers are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BlackLightning

Well, to be fair, Negan and the Saviors caught them by surprise. They were a couple days early. Thus, the Alexandrians had no time to prepare a true ambush.

Oh, and the watchtower is gone. It fell during the "No Way Out" story. The fact that they never got around to rebuilding it during the time jump between 6x09 and 6x10 is the reason why the Saviors were able to find them and spy on them without being noticed.

9. hiddeninside

hiddeninside Member

You're right. I forgot about this... I guess, all my complaint was about feeling so helpless while seeing them losing all their weapons and so much more... But yes - added everything together - no watchtower, the surprising early visit, so many of the core-group not "at home"... there would still haven been a chance to kill Negan and his group, but the risk was too high. And well - there was Rick - he didn't want to lose even more of his "family"...

10. LauraPalmer

LauraPalmer New Member

During this episode i was just wondering WHAT HAPPENED TO RICK'S BALLS? Why aren't they (the group...and the balls...) conspiring against Negan already :zombies_alien:

11. Rust

Rust Member

Because that doesn't serve the juvenile plot line of broken feeble Rick rising from the ashes like a Phoenix. Drama would be IF there was a chance that Rick would not recover. Juvenile writing is "OOOOO I can't wait UNTIL Rick gets back at Negan". Everyone knows it's coming..and it's boring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Then stop watching already if its that boring to you.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I found the episode quite intriguing but...
    Michonne being unable to shoot that walker from 10 yards was just silly - and I also didn't understand why Rick didn't ask her what she was up to when he saw her trying to sneak out? Surely, he would presume she was going after Negan - something he clearly wanted no one to do.
    The whole gun inventory thing was a bit contrived and unrealistic - would Negan really have his men take the time to check every gun on it, one by one? How does he know that the inventory itself isn't faked? And then Rick finding the missing guns under a squeaky air/heating vent? More than a bit lucky, I say. I also don't think Negan would take such chances with his own life giving Rick Lucille etc. Does he know this guy (Rick) so well he can trust him not to just lash out and kill him? Okay, his men would then annihilate the Alexandrians but Negan would be dead.

14. Conanthelib

Conanthelib New Member

They had rocket launches, why the hell were they not used at end of season 6 , remember the bad guys lined up like coconut shyes, and failing that as Negan walked up to the gate ?

Love the series but please keep it real.

15. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Couldn't agree more. I tossed it on Netflix out of curiosity and was actually saying to myself (out loud) "What am I even watching? Is this a joke?" Never in my life did I think a show could become a more ridiculous, embarrassingly terrible, bizarre, deranged, illogical, cheesy pile of slop called "writing" than "Dexter" season 8. Dear god, this forum is dead and the ratings are down an unbelievable 40-ish percent, but after watching it, it's totally believable why nearly half the viewers would truly jump ship.

Even the status quo of stupidity tolerated by tv viewers can't even suffer through this laughing stock of a show. A show about a Zombie Apocalypse should cover the unbelievability factor of the surreal, without having to add in clownish theatrics and moronic debates about the morality of killing bad guys. On every leg it stands foolishly yet will live on with its cult following that is much harder to kill than the writers than manage to ruin a show with such a cool premise and cast.

I don't regret watching it though, for the same reason people watch disasters in awe. Since this one is fictional though, it made for loads of madedumb-type laughs. So no need to tell me to stop watching if I "hate it". To hate something, it has to first be a thing. This isn't a thing. It's an unidentifiable mess of irrationality; a pile of nonsense that makes it mad comedy. Much like the TV show equivalent of "The Room".

#55 AnnieOakley, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017