Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[705] Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 705 - Go Getters' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

- .... . .-. . / .. ... / -. . ...- . .-. / . -. --- ..- --. .... / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . --..-- / .. -. / -- -.-- / --- .--. .. -. .. --- -. .-.-.-

2. calliope

calliope Active Member

I'm not buying Carl's quest for vengeance. I know people are desperate to see his interaction with Negan, but they haven't built this in a credible way for me. He gets in a car, that he can't drive, to go to destination he does not know the location of, with no weapon. He gets sidetracked by Enid, but still is completely nonchalant about the whole thing. Then he hops in a truck, again no plan and no weapon. I needed to see some more emotion from him to make me believe he was willing to go on a suicide mission to take Negan down.

I totally believe that Sasha would do anything to get Negan, and I felt that way about Rosita last week, but I didn't feel that from Carl at all.

3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Carl turned a blind eye to the danger of going to Negans camp.

4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

--.. --- -- -... .. . -- --- -- -.... ..--- / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / .- --. .-. . . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- / -... ..- - / ... .... . / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / ... - .. .-.. .-.. / -.-- . .-.. .-.. / .- - / -- . / .- -. -.. / -. --- - / .- - / -.-- --- ..-

5. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

Reading this, I realized what was bugging me about Carl last night. To me, it felt as though he (and Enid) were just going on a little sightseeing roadtrip. For Carl, it was like a trip to get supplies, not to to attempt to kill the most dangerous man he'd ever come across.

You'd think, after what Carl witnessed in the premiere, and then Negan almost forcing his own father to cut his arm off, you'd see a little more emotion, something.

Also, the roller skating thing? I know that was supposed to I guess be a little "fun" thing thrown in, but to me it came across as unnecessary and just plain awkward, considering what Carl was setting out to supposedly do. I found myself watching that scene with a perpetually raised eyebrow. I kept saying it was a zombie apocalypse roller derby.

GREGORY. As Dean Winchester would say, what a douchewad. Xander played him great though, with those weird facial expressions and his "I have a pole jammed up my ass" demeanor. So happy Jesus gave him a nice verbal cutdown.

6. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

The ZA, where everybody seems to know Morse code.

7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Carl and Enid just take off. Yeah, that's what Enid does, but it's still the biggest problem with Rick's group, everyone just does what they want and don't act for the best interests of the group

Carl can't drive, but gets out of the gate at Alexandria, finds a running car with keys in it. Knows how to get to Hilltop, knows which route Enid will take, meets her on the road, Enid doesn't hear a car coming (something that might be pretty obvious when there are no other mechanical noises *at all* any more. If she DID hear a car coming, she would have HID. Carl destroys said valuable car to kill one walker that Enid could have just walked away from, got on her bike and left in the dust when they generally have no trouble whatsoever killing hundreds of them in the dark.

Find a backpack with 2 sets of rollerskates that fit both their feet. They put on rollerskates making sure they can't fight or run worth a dang. Go right down the road to make sure any of Negan's lookouts can find them.

I'll give Enid a pass for going over the wall undetected at hilltop, as that's her thing, but no one in town sees her in Hilltop? She finds the graves and magically knows whose they are. But, none of Negan's men notice the two fresh graves in a town that burns their dead.

The whole sound car thing. If Negan suspected Hilltop of cooperating with Rick, he should have searched the place. At least he would have found the graves. If he did NOT suspect them of being involved, why send the sound car? Also, Negan's guy said they thought about "saving" them, but none of them watched Hilltop through the gates to see what was happening?

Carl getting in to the truck. He runs across an open field where all the Neganites are loading boxes into trucks and no one notices him? Again, I'm o.k. with Jesus getting in, as that's his thing.

The Neganites don't close the back of the last truck, assuring some of what they took will bounce and fall out along the dirt roads. Yeah, handy for Carl and Jesus, but it's the only truck where the driver does that, and not very likely to happen considering what Negan will likely do to you if half your inventory doesn't show up with you.

More people don't complain - make that No One complains about Maggie and Sasha being there, and/or side with Gregory. I'm sure by now the Saviors have told or shown them of towns they've destroyed for disobeying Negan, no one stops and says, "hey, if they are found here the Saviors might kill a WHOLE LOT of us to prove a point? Gregory might be trying to save half the town from having their heads beaten in, and we don't want to have our heads beaten in for these people we don't know?

Maggie. You finally wake up! Your doctor tells you you almost lost your baby, and you have to lay down. Later, you are in a locked trailer. Climb up a chair on top of a table, do a pullup on to the roof of the trailer, jump down to the ground, run over to a tractor you don't know that's unlocked or has keys in it, bounce over a bunch of stuff. Baby that you almost lost? What baby? She really ought to name the kid Beth. I think from now on Maggie should be called Lori II.

Alexandria. OK, they've got to come up with a lot of supplies by next week. How many people should we send to search, 10? 20? Nah, two should be plenty.

8. Spores

Spores New Member

Carl and Enid have a crush on each other. Infatuation makes you do silly things.:zombies_shocked:

American cars are pretty easy to drive they are a big kids toy really... no stick shift or pressing the clutch. I believe even one eyed zombie could drive one :Grin:

Carl must have been to Hilltop or how did the buried bodies get there? Unless, Sacha and Maggie dragged them there! :zombies_rolleyes:

This Negan group is new to Hilltop. The usual group that dealt with Hilltop were all killed. First time these lot had met. they'd have no idea if they burnt the dead or ate them :zombies_blush:

The back of truck being open - fair point but it is driving pretty slow.

9. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Cripes now I have to suspend my suspension of disbelief!

10. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Pros: Rick got some tongue....alright now.

Xander Berkeley's portayal as king d*ck head Gregory is nicely done

The possibility of Carl and Jesus together in the back of that truck - is good.

Cons: Roller skates....seriously, seriously writers? WTF!!!

Enid

11. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Tell that to Lori.