Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[705] Guess The Ratings!!

Discussion in 'Episode 705 - Go Getters' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Closest guesser gets booked to star in the debut episode of Naked and Terrified: Bermuda Hexagon. You and a friend with benefits of your choice, which has to be @PepperAnn, will be picked up from the roof of 5 Guys Burgers by a helicopter piloted by @Dnae, recently punch-drunk from an episode where she fell down a flight of Penrose stairs for almost 7 years straight. Wearing nothing but a cummerbund made entirely of tinfoil and Preparation H and Preparation H Christ, you will be dropped from a height of 50 feet into the Bermuda Hexagon, which is a census designated place in Texas bordered at each corner by, respectively, clockwise from the northern most point, Walmart, Husey's Wedding Gowns and Bait, Dollar Tree, Handjob Tree, I Can't Believe Its Not Pabst Blue Ribbon Outlet Store, and Discount Cankle Bracelets, where you will be chased by a Tasmanian Devil, and a Delaware Devil, both dressed as Mitt Romney, to the soothing background music of "Reliving My Films Through Song" by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    @Jen7 will be serving Kool-Aid during commercial breaks.

#1 Neuropyramidal, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  2. Neuropyramidal

Oh, and, I think it will bounce back a bit here. 12.27 million.

3. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

13.5 million just because.

4. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

5. hiddeninside

hiddeninside Member

The numbers keep decreasing.

Well, I try 11.30 this time.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo all I have to do is fly the helicopter?

Cool!!

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

12.02 million plus the 1000+ times I will re-watch all the Jesus bits between 10 p.m central and 3 a.m. central

#7 Dnae, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  8. Neuropyramidal

After perpetually falling down the stairs for almost a decade. ;)

9. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

The previous episode was long and meandering with no momentum to this episode. I see this as another step back.

10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Ratings right now are sitting around where they were in Season 3B, so I think the decline will level off and I'll go with this one being a 11.6.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Sounds like I am gonna have a HELLUVA time. lol

12. Neuropyramidal

Or at least some HELLUVA GOOD cheese. We're gonna spread some out for the helicopter ride home.

13. WalkerHill

WalkerHill Active Member

11.2. Ratings aren't as good as they used to be. For the first time ever, I'm finding it hard to talk about the previous episodes with friends that are fans because they haven't been watching. I imagined that's why they didn't promote the next episode and instead did "scenes from the coming weeks" out of fear no one would watch the Tara episode.

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

***********Live +3 Numbers for Episode 4/Service***********

The Walking Dead Episode 4 ratings update:

Episode 4 numbers increased once again when factoring in the +3 data. In the key demo of 18-49 yo viewers the numbers increased by 2.3 points bringing the adjusted total to a7.7 rating

Episode 4 viewer numbers also increased by 4.32 million viewers when factoring in the +3 data. This brings the total viewership to 15.72 million

15. No.Pantaloons

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...able-originals-network-finals-11-20-2016.html

I win? 11.0 as I guessed.

I think we're still going to see one more drop with a Tara-centric (lol why???!) next. The problem with these bottle episodes is they make for poor momentum into next weeks episode and when they focus on an uninteresting background character like Tara. Seriously, it's been like a full season since she's even made an appearance!

16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's more difficult to predict this year since ratings are trending down. I thought after the 90 minute Alexandria/Negan episode that it'd at least stabilize a bit.

My own feeling is that while they built up a nice premiere with the contrived cliffhanger, a lot of people were turned off in the end for two reasons. The first is that the show was uneven last year and frustrating following the Glenn dumpster dive. So while the audience didn't decline too much some people were placed on the edge with their interest in the show. Then they got hit with that dark double death episode and bailed. Would have been wise to give the general audience several months to recover from all of that.

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Hmmm while the show is safe for another season I am not so sure that Mr. Gimple is safe for another season.

Time will tell...will be interesting to see how it all plays out before they are heading into the writers room for season 8.

I do wish that they would bring back some of the directors from earlier seasons (i.e. Michelle McLaren; Ernest Dickerson)

#17 Dnae, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  18. No.Pantaloons

I am not a fan at all of the Gimp man. He plays it too safe, plays it too close to the comics. I enjoy the show, but I really think there is so much untapped potential. I think there is a severe lack of intimacy between the characters. It seems like a lot of characters have never even held a casual conversation with each other. They can say how much they care about each other, but I just don't feel it sometimes.

You are definitely right about getting some back some better directors. Despite the setting, the look of the show is very meh. I have a SEVERE pete peeve of Nicotero directing every important episode. He is an AWFUL director. He is just the makeup guy really and has never directed anything outside of TWD. His camerawork is heavy-handed and amateurish. He doesn't know how to convey subtle emotion or tell a story without smashing you over the head with it... literally.