Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[705] Praise be for Jesus, Carl, Enid & Hilltop!!

Discussion in 'Episode 705 - Go Getters' started by Dnae, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh and Maggie and Sasha....just not enough room in the title bar

Amen and Hallelujah Jesus has returned

Sticky please [MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION]

2. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

3. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I'm really interested to see what this looks like in large part b/c of the unique mix of people. When our group returned to Alexandria, they were returning to people who knew both Abraham and Glenn--not as well as our group (plus Tara), obviously, but there was still a connection. At the Hilltop, Jesus is the only one who really knew any of them well, and even he was still in the early stages. But now they have one widow and another bereaved girlfriend there who just saw a level of human violence that's almost certainly more horrifying than anything the 'toppers have ever witnessed. I wonder what those dynamics will be, esp. since our group took on the Saviors in exchange for the HT's food.

I'm also looking forward to Maggie becoming a leader. I loved her resolve after Glenn's death, and the calmness of her declaration that they needed to get ready to fight. Last week gave me enough meekness and subjugation to last a long time.

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to finally seeing Jesus and reconnecting with Sasha and Maggie

I am chomping at the bit if this is also the episode where we see Jesus in the back of the boxed truck (from the trailer)

5. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

Yay for the return of Jesus (although some mentioned, that he was in episode 3 as well - on the top of that bridge, but if he was there, we never saw him). I really like his character.
    I just hope, they keep Maggie out of the Saviors way. If Negan get the info, that she is still alive, Rick and Father Gabriel will never hear the end of it (and someone will probably die)

6. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Dat avatar tho. haha

Super stoked for Jesus to rise again.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Gahh ME TOO!!!!

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Awwww [MENTION=95531]GrungeMan[/MENTION] you do not like my avatar?

9. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

haha Naw, the opposite. That avatar is awesome!

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yay!!!! As do I!

It is Sunday morning and now I am counting down the hours rather than days until the return of Jesus.

11. ThoseBackPages

Praise jesus!!!!!

12. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

I loved seeing these characters getting their well deserved screen time. All of them, Maggie, Sasha, Jesus, Carl, Enid, even the Hilltop "leader". All wonderful actors and great characters that add a lot to the show.

Enjoyed watching Maggie giving that sexist drunkard a mean uppercut. The rollerscates scenes was sweet, they have lost so much of their childhood.

I don't know if I really bought Carl getting on that truck unnoticed, but it will be exciting to see how this works out for him and Jesus.

Now we have a total of three woman (Michonne, Sasha, Rosita) preparing to assassinate Negan. I'm saying he is in big trouble.

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Will give the episode a re-watch tonight. I was in such a Jesus fan-girl mode last night that I need to watch again to catch all those wee bits that I miss the first go round.

In the meantime I listened to the following video this morning on my way into work. While it is not exclusively about episode 5 he (Ronny Haze) does bring up a number of good points and his take on them is quite interesting and worth a listen to.

[video=youtube;iy9TTYKN52c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy9TTYKN52c[/video]

14. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

The Jesus fighting scenes made up for the fact we haven't seen him in what feels like FOREVER!
    And the whole fighting the walkers scene with that music in the background was very cool.

Maggie punching Gregory was awesome.

Carl and Jesus just looking at each other at the end, in the back of the truck. Like, yep, I"m here too, let's do this.

15. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

I'm actually glad we got to see some of them at Alexandria and at the Hilltop. I like when they show us different places in an episode better than when they only focus on one location an episode.

But I do have some complaints and I will redirect to the complaint form to discuss those. :D

16. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I really loved how Jesus backed up Sasha and Maggie. That was awesome! He really wants to help them and I'm sure it wasn't easy for him to go against Gregory, but he did and I'm proud of him for doing that!

I really enjoyed seeing more of Simon -- and yes, I liked how he made Gregory kneel.

The actor who plays as Gregory is great -- he really makes me hate Gregory...awesome work!

Loved seeing Carl and Enid find the roller skates (I love roller skating!) and their moments were so sweet, real, and there's a real bond between them.

There's more, but that's it for now...

17. batongal

batongal Active Member

Loved Gregory referring to Rick as RICH, twice lol. Loved him asking Jesus, "who's Sasha?". Slimeball and very funny
    Loved Carl and Enid
    Loved Michonne's kiss for Rick, I actually saw chemistry for the first time.
    Jesus' fight scenes very cool. Jesus as Hilltop's Daryl, has no interest in leading. Now if we can get Jesus, Daryl and Kingdom's Robert together that would be a force to be reckoned with.
    Loved how Enid put the balloons on Abe's grave and Sasha's reaction, "why are there balloons on Abe's grave?" and Sasha gearing up for assassination Abe's cigar in mouth.

18. Chiron

Chiron Member

Expansive episode with great lil TWD touches. Carl and Enid were very sweet. The rollerskates were a fun surprise and nicely shot short sequence. I thought it would be guns in the bag. So great to see them smiling like they should and the little innocent kiss was well scripted. A relief to see Enid getting a character role now.

The tractor scene also a good surprise even if no one in Hilltop woke up to see the Saviours doing all of that, I'll give it a pass. I was wondering when I saw the locks on the car how would they get out of that one. Negan's men seem to have a lot of time on their hands for theatrics. They are a traveling circus full of gimmicks that lot. Though Tom Payne without his Brit curly hair is taking a bit of getting used to in TWD, he is coming along as a stealth ninja and a good force to add to Maggie/ Sasha in strengthening the Hilltop to take on Negan. We have a queue now of people wanting to take him out. Don't see the fangirl stuff with Tom but hey, whatever rocks your world kiddies haha.

Did cry at the graves scene. One element I love about TWD is their sentimentality with objects and their owners and that includes weapons. It was great to see Hershel's watch being given to Enid, Abe's cigar and the necklace, which I hope Sasha will give to Rosita. Lovely, lovely touch, the sound of Sasha's knife to end the episode. She was pretty good with a knife as well as a gun and so good to see her positive with Mags. Maggie has never been a fav character of mine aside from Same Boat ( not quite sure why but a big part was her struggle with that accent and the Gleggie) so I am looking forward to her arc as a leader very much. Gregory was Gregory. I take it he doesn't have much time left on the clock.

Love Carl always in TWD. Favorite scene: Jesus pouring out the whiskey and Carl, Hey! I hope Jesus dumps the lot before they get to the Sanctuary. Even better, Simon bragging to Negan he has special whiskey for the boss and then, uh-oo - Computer says no.

(Not much to say on ASZ but yeah two scouts on supply runs with a community full of freeloaders is about right. I take it Rick is counting on Tara and Health though both seem to have been gone eons now.)

edit- Can comic readers help us to be surprised by using more spoiler tags esp. As S7 seems to be following the comics quite closely? I don't usually mind but a tag helps us to choose if we want to know.

#18 Chiron, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  19. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Not only did Jesus take the wheel, but he dropped kick a walker right in the chest. Maggie's tractor kills were epic.

I am not sure if this is true for others, but I think my love of Jesus may stem out of my love of Glenn. When you think about it, we lost a very beloved character who was primarily known for his kindness and quick thinking only to gain a similarly charismatic character around the same time. Glenn was no martial artist, but they strike me as similar characters morally and personally and I am very happy Maggie can have a friend like Jesus in her life now that Glenn has passed.

On that note: Maggie's last name is RHEE!!! Man, that was awesome.

Also - again, I am very happy that Maggie has Sasha as a friend as well. This triad of Sasha, Maggie, and Jesus is going to make Hilltop a formidable player in the war to come.

I am also pleased to find out next week's episode (just like this week) is NOT a bottle episode.

Bonus points for the Rick and Michonne make-out scene.

20. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

More things to add (I read more of what you all liked and it reminded me of what I enjoyed)

-Seeing where Abe and Glenn are laid to rest -- although I truly wish they were laid to rest in Alexandria as that is their home with their family.
    -The tractor scene, Jesus drop-kicking the walker, and the music in the background
    -The items belonging to our beloved characters
    -Loved hearing "Maggie Rhee" <--Glenn will always be a part of Maggie!
    -Rick and Michonne kissing/bonding