Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[707] Sing your Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 707 - Sing Me a Song' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Thoz tortor pourn! And howz Carl does all thatz, stooped!

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Ef Kurl wontid tu shuut neegun he shud of dun in alescandria wen neegun wuz en armorey tawking tu korl abot hez gyent men-cised bawls. An korl dident evin reliz thet hez gurlfrend ez a savier spye thet neegun sendid tu spye on teh alescandrians an poizen maghey. I hoep neegun kellz hem. Or bettur yit. I hoep thet trevvur dood frum granthiftotto kelps hem. Thet wud b ossum.

3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

The episode title was a total fake-out. I was expecting Beth for sure.

That's it. I'm not sending them any more spoons.

4. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

B-but Beth wasn't in the episode! :(

5. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Gimple can't handle adapting iconic comic scenes. Like seriously, why did Carl start singing "The Humpty Dance is your chance to do the hump / Do the Humpty Hump, come on and do the Humpty Hump / Do the Humpty Hump, just watch me do the Humpty Hump"

Completely ruined the scene.

6. Aquatic Nuggets

[​IMG]
    Every time Jeffery Dean Morgan wants to make a point he's just gotta lean back at a 70 degree angle. I was fine with the Biblical references, was fine with the William Faulkner references, was even fine with the random references to The Scarlet Letter this show has been making since Season 4. But referencing my 10th grade Geometry textbook is where I draw the line.

never watching again tbh

7. Eat Carol

Eat Carol New Member

All my complaints are posted on the praise thread. Doesn't make a difference because nothing here (in English) that's a real complaint. Another missed opportunity below. [​IMG]EAT CAROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

I'm going to copy&paste my opinion of last night's episode from the Rate the Episode thread:

What we got:

• more of Negan, no news there; boring crap of him playing the same mind games and being the sadist he is (who wasn't surprised he's got a harem?)
    • Rosita finally getting her bullet (just noticed her well manicured, polished long fingernails which are totally misplaced in this setting and very unrealistic)
    • Carl being as hot-headed and annoying as most of the time
    • Spencer being the sh*thead he always has been
    • more of Negan *yawns*

Highlights:

• Father Gabriel
    • Jesus and Daryl obviously having made a pact off-screen, then Daryl distracting Negan while Jesus was slipping into the van
    • Michonne finally getting to it
    • Dwight showing more of his inner struggle and disgust of Negan -- one of the nails in Negan's coffin
    • Negan's "wife" hating his guts and being an excellent example of how everyone is Negan's wh*re, including the men
    • Eugene telling Rosita like it is
    • Olivia slapping Negan in the face
    • Negan being in Alexandria, providing the perfect opportunity to assassinate him

Now for the interesting questions: Who is going to kill Negan?

• Rosita with her one bullet? I doubt it, I have a feeling that bullet was manipulated by Eugene and won't work.
    • Dwight? He's got enough reasons to do so, but he is currently not around.
    • Rick, once he returns and sees Negan holding his baby child?
    • Michonne? But she is currently heading in the wrong direction.
    • Daryl, once he escapes? Negan is so sure he has broken him, but he has no idea who he is dealing with.
    • Father Gabriel? You never know. ;)

Other interesting question: Is Spencer going to interfere, ruining the first chance they have to get rid of Negan? -- We shall see.

#8 DocCovington, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2016
  9. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

My only real complaint here (and with the season so far) is that I haven't seen Daryl nearly enough. He's spoken barely 10 words the whole season and we're 7 episodes in. But hey, at least he was IN last night's ep.

10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

1. Michonne going to the Sanctuary after taking one of his people by gunpoint is ridiculous and is only being added in because Gimple likes contrived drama.
    2. Rosita only asked for one bullet.
    3. The music playing when Negan was walking around at Alexandria.

11. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

I would have preferred her doing this ninja-style, too.

Well, she only had one shell casing to work with. ;)

Wasn't it sweet? ;)

12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I know. It's just a lot of trouble for one bullet that will create more problems than its worth. If she had suggested they begin to manufacture bullets on the side there then it would have made sense. It's frustrating to see the characters choices, or the things the writers omit. Like isn't anyone wondering what the hell happened to Morgan and Carol? I believe Morgan told Rick not to come looking for him at the end of last season if he didn't return, but still Carol is out there. Even if they don't want to be troubled to look for them, we don't even get a mention of them.

13. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

No complaints here :D

I want a thread to rate this episode!!

14. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

Carl didn't get to hear 'Easy Street'.

15. rustybag

rustybag Member

The way they are presenting the saviors, it doesn't look like even the people in Negan's inner circle would be too upset if he was killed. It actually doesn't even seem like he has a real "inner circle", close confidants, with perks, who would carry on his style of tyranny and who would avenge his death if anyone killed him. Not sure why no one from his group killed him yet. I agree with Spencer, killing that outpost was a knee jerk reaction and not thought through, and brought on a whole lot of trouble for them. If they had taken the time to get to know these people and how they operate, they would have realized all of his own people are scared of him too, and going straight for the queen bee would probably be the best way to go. Or if not that, maybe try to befriend and work with some of the saviors who were screwed over by him and clearly don't like him either, so you are left with some alliances when he's gone.

Also, Negan just travels around freely, with no body guards? And Alexandria is left defenseless while the whole lot of them are out scavenging, with Judith there no less, instead of doing it in shifts. Negan walks in with just Carl, and there aren't a group of people there to take him out? You don't need guns or a bullet to kill someone. This is how myopic they got when you took their guns away from them, they forgot there are a whole plethora of ways to kill someone? You don't need a bullet.

Carl's false bravado was too much. He's not learning his lesson to keep his mouth shut. He had the perfect opportunity to shoot him, but didn't, so now's not the time to act all tough and antagonize Negan, better to play along a little and get him when his defenses are down at this point. Also, it wouldn't make sense that Negan would be impressed by his behavior, We've seen he uses fear to break people of this kind of thing. It seemed to me, what he was doing with Carl, is that manipulative, charming cult leader thing, where they charm you and make you feel like a special snowflake. Only usually they are doing it to many people at once, so they end up with a ton of people who are extremely loyal to them, each thinking that they are the most special snowflake of all. Didn't come across like that's going on with the saviors, like he has some loyal, special snowflake inner circle,with perks, they all just seem scared of him and would be better off if they just killed him.

#15 rustybag, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  16. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Pros:

- We got the factory home base of the Saviors from the comics
    - Carl's eye
    - The writers & AMC have enough balls to give Negan some of his most memorable lines from the comics
    - Carl got his song
    - The iron scene. It unnerved Carl & Daryl
    - Rosita once again telling Eugene the truth
    - I can't stand Olivia on any of the meduims....but I'll tip my hat to her for that slap

Cons:

- Eugene the man-child scenes
    - Spencer is so damn annoying. Not sure who's worse - his brother or him
    - Not really a con but I don't buy a single female Savior solider traveling alone when they move in packs.

Overall best episode since 701 and 704. Awaiting the mid season finale.

17. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Spencer should of gotten punched in the face by father Gabe!

18. Monster Voices

You know guys and girls something really annoys me and that is that they are trying to make people at the Sanctuary hate Negan too much. He is supposed to be the bad guy so lets make the people he provides for and has actually saved hate him. And especially his wives... I mean can you give me the logic in them hating him that much and crying and all? Wherever there are men of power there are always women around them so I am more than sure that he would have plenty that would really want to be there not just be a sort of prostitutes for supplies. Let alone the fact that he actually treats them very well and he is obviously a handsome guy. But yeah if they all seem happy at the Sanctuary people would not want Rick to defeat Negan who is already a very likable character even without making his people actually be grateful to him as they should be.
    But maybe it's just me being a fangirl of a sort. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

19. MaccDuff

MaccDuff Member

Maybe the least logical episode yet. Carl's on a mission to kill Negan. He knows there's a low chance of doing so, and even slimmer of getting out alive. But he's committed, to the extent that he tricks Jesus to leave him at it.

So Carl arrives on the scene, locked and loaded. Negan walks out right in front of him, and Carl DOES NOT SHOOT. Later on, he does kill two of Negan's goons - but not Negan.

Given how often Negan walks right out in front of his armed enemies and isn't even shot at, much less killed, is straining lifting disbelief.

20. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Biggest complaint and surprise: Negan and Olivia didn't hook up... thought it was a sure thing ;)