Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[710] Rate The Plonker!

Discussion in 'Episode 710 - New Best Friends' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 19, 2017.

?

Rate this gem.

1. 10

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Bosom Buddies!!

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 8

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 7

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Eh, somewhat friendly

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Worst Enemies!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Ima call it an 8. Pretty good, but I'm really not digging the garbage patch kids. I also found kingdom guy who's name I forget's plan to frame Carol annoying.

But Gabriel was ****ing awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'll give it an 8.5. I think its setting us up for some fairly interesting situations, both with the new group, and with Carol/Daryl/Richard, etc.

And yeah, Gabriel has come a long way.

4. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Ima go 8. Nice to finally see Daryl and Carol get reacquainted, even though D had to lie. That's gonna come home to roost at some point. Always satisfying to see why Rick was grinning, and that you can kill a walker with pillows sometimes. Never thought I'd say it, but not enough Negan the last two episodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Rhovanion

Rhovanion Member

9/10. I'm not overly feeling the Garbage kids yet (though the spiked walker was uber cool!), but the Daryl&Carol reunion was everything to me, that it more than made up for it. I was literally in tears crying my heart out through the whole reunion. So beautifully played between the two of them, and just like the Rick & Daryl reunion at the Mid Season Finale, this reunion also felt like it blurred the lines between fiction and reality. As if it was a reunion between the actors as people just as much as it was a reunion between the characters they are portraying. So much love and chemistry coming through that screen. ♥♥♥♥♥

And also, this was the episode that finally made me like Gabriel. I've disliked and distrusted him in literally every scene he's been in until now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

The whole Garbage group angle was weird. It was like that group was lifted from some bad scifi film and transported to the TWD universe. I get that we can get a few weirdos getting together. However, just like the Wolves, it's hard to imagine this many crazies surviving the ZA and working on the same manic page. I guess I'll just have to run with it, but I am really not feeling it with them. Why should Rick trust them anyway? Also what makes him think they could fight?

The Carol and Daryl reunion was nice. However that one scene where she was asking if everybody was alright REALLY bothered me. The acting was excellent. However, the writing - no. If she really desperately wanted to know, she would not have asked the same question three times straight without giving Daryl a chance to respond. Yes, it was to create emotional tension with the viewer, but it did not ring true to life if she really desperately wanted to know that instant.

Side note:
    RICK IS A KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

With the way Jadis was eying Rick, I was expecting a trashy episode with her grabbing Rick's junk.

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

First time I've fully liked back to back episodes on the show since very early Season 6. The junkyard group is strange but I'm willing to go with it since we're getting deeper into the apocalypse and people are apt to become more twisted. It's a good way to eventually bridge toward the Whisperers too.

So many problems on this show are alleviated too when we don't have a microscopic look at just a few characters but we have a mix like we had in 709 and 710.

Good start to 7B. Hoping they can hold it together for the six left.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

screw these garbage patch kids, bunch of bums band together still are a bunch of bums, rick with one AK could kill ALL these kids. Ganna need some cannon fodder tho... lots of new extras to get killed. Im diggin' where we are heading, taking there sweet time, but owell whats new.

10. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Well, I didn't like the 'speakese' that the new group uses for language. Very annoying. The episode itself though, not too bad. Certainly not action-packed as many love, though the fight scene with Rick and Winslow added a bit of drama. Personally, I love Daryl/Carol reunions, so I did like that scene (wasn't overwhelmed by it...it seemed downplayed). Daryl's crossbow reunion was better. ;)

On a side note, I laughed out loud when Jadis said, "Show Rick 'up up up'". My dog (an insane border collie) loves the winter, and around here we get a lot of snow, which results in plowed snowbanks that can be 15ft or higher. When I want him to burn off some of his energy I'll point to one of those massive snow piles and say, "Izzy...up up up!" and he'll scramble to the top of the bank. So yeah, that was pretty funny to me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I'll give it a solid 8. Pretty good but with a few misses but not bad. We did get a lot of questions answered from the previous episode.

12. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I gave it a 5, and that was for the Caryl scenes.

The junkyard group is ridiculous: all dressed in black, talking strange and with ridiculous names. I actually felt sorry for the actress portraying their leader.

13. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Did your dog hear the TV and respond?
    Border collies are really smart. My mom had one that lived to be 15 years old .The number of words it understood were amazing. If I walked over to the window ,the dog would run next to me and look at me and perk its ears up. If I said cat, the dog would get all excited ,whining to go out so it could chase the cat. If I said Rocky, which was a mean cat that would chase and scare every dog in the neighborhood (even german shepards) she would start barking aggressively and no way she wanted outside. If I said squirrel, she would go crazy, nothing more that she liked to chase.

14. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I loved this one. I like the ones where we see multiple groups. They moved things along and we got to see Carol and Daryl together. I don't love the bottle episodes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Well she does seem to have a thing for junk, judging by their home. I can just hear her, 'We take, we don't bother' I bet sexy time would be pretty one sided :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  16. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Pros: Let's see how badly Morgan wants his stick back

I like Richard. Hopefully he last longer than his comic counterpart.

The only thing Gabriel needs now is to lose his leg. He's the perfect candidate

That spike walker was cool

I love Rosita. Its about time someone told Tara to grow up.

Yeah, Shiva

The new group seem interesting enough.

Cons: Why don't they ever show us Ezekiel and Richard conversations after their mishap with the Saviors

Richard is well aware that Morgan and Carol came to the Kingdom together. He's also well aware that Morgan knew all the people who came to the Kingdom to seek Ezekiel's help. THEREFORE Daryl knows Carol. He's not that stupid - he saw it was a tight knit group. "I didn't think you'd care about her". These f*cking writers. Richard's plan was stupid to begin with. Stupid actions of a desperate man.

All of a sudden Carol cares about everyone else back home.

The dialogue in this episode was bad - for everyone.

Okay, so now they have to find stuff not only for the Saviors but also for Lord of the Flies.

Overall, this episode was nothing special. I give it a 6.

17. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Surprised at the hate for the garbage group. I thought it was a refreshing change of pace to see a group live as full on scavengers. Carol+Daryl scenes REALLYYY got me too. I loved it, another 10.

18. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I dont mind group living as scavengers but what I find weird is the way they all talk. It's not like 100's of years have passed so that language had time to morph into something different.

• Like Like x 1
  19. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I rated the episode 8,5. It was a great episode, whith a lot of interesting developements. I think, Richard will do something stupid and gets the Kingdom involved. I'd rather would like it, if Morgan or Darryl convince Ezekiel, but I think, it will be Richard.

With the junkyard group I was wondering, if the strange behavior is to scare strangers away.

Gabriel was great in this episode - he really has grown a lot.

I'm a bit pissed off with Rosita. Does she wants to get killed? And that bitchyness is getting on my nerves. Her action got Denise killed, I wish, she would reflect a bit on that and be smarter.

20. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

Just so you know, I am not a show hater, I like watching it. I started watching about two years ago when I remarried.

I gave it a 6.

I've only been following a couple of years, so I have no real investment in the characters past, so the reunions don't give any extra points for me.

There was nothing in it to distract me from the aggravations I feel with the characters on an ongoing basis, nothing new.

What I have seen of Daryl is one dimensional.
    I don't think Morgan an Carol's reactions are particularly realistic.
    I think Tara and Rosita's actresses are really pretty average, Tara less than that. However she performs her lines, it always seems wrong to me. Probably just personal preference. Not to mention the unlikeliness that in real life they would be bad-asses. Things like that. Just in general things that in some episodes I don't notice so much.

Richard went from being a good character to an overwrought emotional jerk to me.

I really think the new group is stretching things. Even more so than a Renaissance Fair group like the kingdom, but I realize that those are plot contrivances that have to keep the story interesting. But the Scavengers come of as sort of a sedated version of Mad Max with A Clockwork Orange linguistic gimmick. Not to mention a slowed down West Side story like choreography thrown in. Have you ever tried to get a group to form a circle, much less two concentric circles.

Not really meant to be scathing, but I did roll my eyes some.

#20 mmmbert, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1