Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[710] Rate The Plonker!

Discussion in 'Episode 710 - New Best Friends' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 19, 2017.

?

Rate this gem.

1. 10

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Bosom Buddies!!

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 8

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 7

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Eh, somewhat friendly

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Worst Enemies!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

the scene with Carol and Daryl was the highlight for me, I like how Daryl thought he was doing a Carol a favour by lying to her, but she knew he was lying.
    minus a few points for me for that CGI tiger, leaves me shaking the head in disbelief everytime. Oh, and the garbage scenery at the back of Rick, that was, well, garbage CGI

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I liked the Darry-Carol re-union scene -- even including Darryl lying to Carol -- because it had some human, emotional depth. The rest -- it was a poor futuristic sci-fi knock-off of zero interest. And I didn't get how when, in the last episode, the junk card crowd who surrounded Rick and his group, were all fully armed -- now, all of a sudden, they need weapons. While appreciating that others liked Winslow, I thought he was cheesy and unoriginal. And, once again, Rick hurts his hand in a fight.

The longer it goes on, the more I dislike Rick's and Michonne's kissy-faced, "you-can-do-it-honey" relationship. Rick used to be a strong man, with occasional lapses. Now he's like a guy who was only let out of the psych ward on the promise of Michonne to baby-sit him. Yccchhhh! In the meantime, I'd like to see Rick -- just once -- wonder, or even care, where the hell his toddler daughter is or who is taking care of her. (Oh yeah, I forgot--the last episode, he announced that Judith was Shane's kid, so now he doesn't give the child a second thought).

I want to see Carol get her groove back on and see Darryl and Carol kick some savior-buttocks, along with Jerry, maybe Richard. The last episode put me in the camp who has (mostly but perhaps not irredeemably) given up on Rick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

6.5, maybe a 7, simply because I wasn't a huge fan of The Scavengers introduction...I kept waiting for Tina Turner to show up and sing "We Don't Need Another Hero".

Gabe - huge redemption though...and I'm hoping Shiva hangs around for a little bit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

7... it's all getting a little too unrealistic. They need to deviate between what is appropriate for comics and TV more.

• Like Like x 2
  5. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I figured that was going to happen when she said she was going to show Rick "Up Up Up."

Anyway, I am CHANGING my rating to a SOLID 10! I thought about it and the Garbage People are gloriously cheesy! I enjoy the show for what it is, but I think it takes it self way too seriously. I am not sure if this was the intention, but from the silly Garbage People, the old school techno music, the fake as hell green screen, the one-on-one grapple with a scifi monster. I can only hope future episodes get whackier and out there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

One of the better season 7eps, answered a lot of annoying outstanding questions, introduced some interesting new characters.
    Gabriel stepped up and how!
    Jerry, jerry, jerry! I like this guy
    I think I can forgive Ezekiel, he was trying to calm the situation, 'live to fight another day' etc.
    This Richard guy and his plan for Carol ,WTF? Talk about 2 faced.

#26 Toothpick, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  7. Ronv11

Ronv11 New Member

I give it a 3, I didn't know if I was watching a TV program or an Infomercial too many commercials

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think it's because the actress who plays the leader of the group had her accent coming through in her dialogue.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I've given it a 9, for some amazing moments, but I"m not 100% happy with the episode overall.

First, the PROs:
    So much Daryl awesomeness. Seeing him with a crossbow again is everything. And speaking parts! More than just one word and grunts! I'm so glad to see him have more life again.

Tara kicking ass in the junkyard.

Seeing Richard get darker and more desperate. I didn't WANT him to lure the Saviours to Carol to be killed, but you have to admit it's a darkly genius plan and at least he's trying to start something and get a war jolted for Ezekiel. If the plan involved someone we didn't like, we'd be cheering.

Ezekiel checking in on Carol. I really like these two together, it's sweet. And her reunion with Daryl was sweet at well. Him asking her why she left -- so sad, like a child asking his mother why she dropped him off at an orphanage. I understand why he didn't want to tell her about Abe and Glenn, even if I disagree with his decision. She's been through enough and seems broken.

Rick battling the junkyard walker was ...different. I always like to see new ways to fight and take on walkers, so that was a plus.

But my CONs for this episode was the Junkyard people themselves. So odd. No speaking by most of the members??? and I do think it was the actress's accent that made her speech even more odd, but the dialogue itself was worldly strangely. It just became a distraction, that didn't make any sense.
    It's also unbelieveable to me that a community of that size could survive on just scavenging for cans and jars, without having any real food. I'll have to rewatch to see if they had access to meat, fish, water, fresh food etc, and if there were children.

It's also odd that Rick was SO joyous about having made a "deal" with them. It all just...happened so fast? They have no idea if they can trust these weirdos. No explanation for what they had planned to do with Gabriel. They don't seem too good of allies since they just sat there (for years???) and waited for someone to get the supplies off the boat FOR them. Will these people be ANY good in a fight? Are they trained at all? Can any of them even use a gun?? Will we see a training montage in a future episode, with everyone at the Hilltop or ASZ learning to kick ass? I guess Rick is just desperate for any allies at this point?

Also, Gabriel runs away with the food and gets captured, and suddenly everyone loves him now? Did I miss something, other than him trying to get back into Rick's good graces by grabbing a junkyard member and holding a knife to her throat? If he believes in Rick so much, what was he doing on the run? Ok, I need to rewatch.....

• Like Like x 1
  10. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

I have had high hopes that 7b was going to be better and it has somewhat but couldn't give this over a 7.
    Cons: The new group, Scavengers. Seemed like a alien marching band and just out of place for a apocalypse. Junk yard kids/people sounded like a ok idea but what I saw was just no_Other than spiky was kind of cool.
    I also didn't like the explanation of Rick's smiling, too big of grin for that explanation.
    Also would of liked to of seen Tara smack Rosita, someone needs to.
    Daryl and Carol- Seemed like a build up to a let down. Not enough conversation shown between the two even with him not telling her about what happened. Would she not of asked more questions, like where his motorcycle was and why he was on foot by her house other than just saying Jesus took them there? Felt like part of the conversation was left out.

Too much lack of telling conversation all around, why has the Daryl and Maggie conversation about Glen never took place? Why has Negan not figured out Carl was on the truck that came from the Hilltop and gone there also to check for Daryl, unless that is to come since the time delay.

Pro's- The Daryl and Richard scenes were pretty good, but preferred the Sheva and Daryl scene.
    Overall is was ok/good but seemed patchy and rushed.

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

So far the second half of the season is about 8 billion times better than the first half.

12. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Nah, he's like my son....he doesn't watch TWD. ;) Izzy lay beside me once while I watched "World War Z", and during the airplane scene when a small dog starts barking at the washroom, Izzy's head jerked up and he started to watch the screen. Seconds later the zombie bursts into the aisle, and poor Iz just about soiled his furry pantaloons. His hackles went up and he went ballistic, barking fiercely whilst trying to back up on the sofa.

But oh yes, I agree, border collies are extremely smart, scarily so at times.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Great description, that's how it felt to me as well...which is why I didn't care for most of that part of the episode (I never was a fan of the Mad Max apocalyptic slant).

14. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

I gave it an 8, but really it's more of a 7.7 and I rounded up.

There needed to be better Daryl/Carol conversation. Not sure about the King, but he'll learn I guess... Richard was becoming a fave until he decided Carol was expendable... which leads to the disappointment of the D/C interaction. After so long without Carol, do we really need to drag out the Princess Carol Leave Me Alone over the Queen Bitch Death Carol? I was severely disappointed. I don't see a gain here. Sure, 'save her soul/self' but won't whatever deaths bring her across be the same thing, even lessened if it's not Daryl or Judith? (oh crap, did I just think of something here!?!?)

I got an old school Star Trek vibe from the Heapsters too. It doesn't really bother me nor the Mad Max factor. I think the trust was given a bit easily, but IMO Rick figured this was a group he could manipulate. Sure did seem that getting him patched up would be more of a priority. But fine, that's when I get the comic book panel feel moreso than a serial. The green screens were terrible by the way, my friends that were over all called it out and were disappointed.

And Rosita needs to be bitch slapped soon.

15. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Richard, Yeah he can go **** himself. he's lucky if he get's the chance

16. walkon

walkon Active Member

I gave it a four and i felt generous. Poor little whimpy Morgan got his stick taken away. . . .soooo sick of him. Also, Ezekiel is wearing thin. I find zero magic with Rick and Michone. She's lost her grove like Glen did after teaming with Maggie. I'm eye rolling big time over trashy new group. The only redeeming quality was Melissa's performance. Dang, I love that woman. . . Bring her up out of the doldrums. . . Enough already! Arm her and Daryl to the teeth and turn 'em loose! This whole season has been a dud for me.

17. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I am viewing it a bit differently; I'm enjoying this season, even if - so far - I'm not too fond of the new group ('the garbage patch kids'). Will have to wait and see how that goes. But I do agree about Melissa McBride. Been waiting for the old Carol to rear her wonderfully funny/fierce/amazing side once again. It seems that the writers are gearing her up, along with Daryl, Rick, et al., to a massive "all hell breaks loose on Negan and gang" season ender. That's what I'm looking forward to seeing.

#37 bassetluv, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  18. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

19. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Won't someone please think of Judith!!!!!

20. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

The garbage scene reminded me of a game somehow, complete this quest , then that and we will help you kinda thing .
    :D

I also loved the CAZZA/DAZZA reunion. I loved how he didn't tell her....but she is going to find out..then brown stuff will hit the fan and RAMBO CAROL will be back (fingers crossed)