Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[715] They Need You To Rate This Mother

Discussion in 'Episode 715 - Something They Need' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 26, 2017.

?

Just do it.

1. 10

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. We need to rejoice

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. 8

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. 7

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Hmmm, needs a little salt, perhaps..

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. They need to go back to the drawing board..

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  10. I need a drink. And a painkiller.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

I defended the Oceanside episode, and to all those people that said the episode was useless and a waste of time, filler, I would like to point out now just how relevant it is.

Anyways, I liked this episode. 8/10

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

:eek::eek: I will not!! Oh wait... you said rate... 8.5

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

It's an 8.5 for me as well. It answered a lot of our questions going in. I was right about Dwight being the one that found Rosita. And he wants Negan dead. But sadly it looks like I was wrong about Eugene. I was surprised that Rick's group took the guns from Oceanside. And Sasha's delimna is gutwrenching.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I thought it was a solid lead up to a season finale battle. They skilled a lot of things we didn't necessarily need to see, like the details of the trip from ASZ to Oceanside, and Sasha getting captured. I give it an 8.7

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I'm giving this one a 6. Some of the writing was fine, other parts were shaky. But when is it not anymore.

Pros:
    •Rick checking with Michonne before she started sniping like a boss. :hearts:
    •Cyndie laying out her own grandmother for the greater good. :lol:
    •Tara flipping off that little girl again. :lol:
    •Sasha head-butting that jerk-ass. That's our fierce girl.
    •SMG's acting. Her suicide speech to Eugene was so heart-wrenching, and the fact that it was SMG acting as Sasha acting as if she wanted to die when she really wanted a weapon to go after Negan (I'm guessing this based on her reaction to getting pills. She seemed gravely disappointed not to have an actual weapon) makes SMG all the more talented. I'm impressed with actors who can pull off their characters' acting. :praise:

Cons (concrete and possible):
    •That would-be rapist, Davey. He needed to die, like, yesterday. And so do those guys who were creeping on Enid. Plus his harassing Sasha led to Negan swooping in to save the day. A good point was brought up in the live thread -- we all know Negan is a hypocrite and a rapist via coercion and terror tactics, but the message his killing Davey sends to the audience is that he's not such a bad guy 'cause he's got "ethics." It just tastes like rape apologism and I'm not here for that.
    • I'm also not here for a potential army of warrior women who may just sit on the sidelines. Don't introduce Oceanside and show us plenty of the women can fight if their leader isn't going to let them in on the fray. There would be such a sexist undertone to that kind of decision. "We'll allow you to take our weapons, but we won't go to war." That reflects badly on women, painting them as weak or cowardly, and disrespects men too, insinuating that they're the only ones supposed to fight and get killed and that's okay. Oceanside had BETTER fight.
    •Eugene. I know a lot of you like(d) him and are probably feeling betrayed. Or maybe not, maybe you haven't given up on him. I don't even care about him at this point. Never even liked him and after tonight I like and care about him even less. Sniveling coward. The only one more practiced at it is
    •Gregory. Judith is more capable of killing a walker than this walking dipshit. And he had the audacity to contemplate killing the pregnant woman who ended up saving his life? You don't get lower than that. Snake. When he was getting attacked, I was chanting, "Please die, please die, please die." One day soon, Gregory. SOON.
    •Shoehorning Carl and Enid in for literally no reason. Carl was given, like, two lines just to bookend his appearance. "Do you think about the people you kill?" "Yes." What the hell kind of writing is that? What does that reveal? What questions does that stir? Did not like the scene.
    •Not the biggest fan of how TF approached Oceanside, but I thought about it and have no idea how they could've done it differently. And they were downright diplomatic with Grandma Moses.
    •Negan is a pervert creep in a different way than Davey was. It's subtler and thus slimier. He thrives on it, rolls in his power like a pig in mud. He makes me sick too.
    •Toward the beginning, Sasha called Rick Negan's bitch. Whether she meant it or was acting like she wasn't Team Family anymore, I don't know, but Michonne and I do not approve.
    •I do like, care about, but don't trust Dwight. I hope it will be SOON for him too. They should've done him wanting him to help TF sooner. Thought he'd capture Rosita ugh.

#6 TheSlayingTaco1, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Everything about this episode felt off.

The general outline seemed okay, but the execution sucked. Rick's aggressive strongarm takeover of Oceanside seemed a bit too much. It doesn't seem like something Tara would've agreed with given her already unwillingness to give them up. Even then, her bizarre attempt to reason with them before Rick showed up made little sense. I don't know why some members of Oceanside wanted to join Team Rick when he seemed almost as bad as Negan. He just showed up, shoved guns in their faces, stole all of Oceanside's guns and refused to leave any to defend themselves against Negan.

The whole Negan attempting to turn Sasha made his character even more moronic. Him talking about how impressed he was with her guts and resolution isn't exactly sway material for somebody trying to kill you. How can he trust her? She could just agree for now and then re-try another assassination attempt.

Why in the hell would Dwight agree to sit in a prison cell when he got the upper hand on Rosita in their encounter? Why in the hell does Rick think it's a good idea to go all Alpha Male on one of Negan's top guys who is offering to help.

This show makes little logical sense and I'd appreciate it if they would put some effort every once in awhile.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The problem with the Oceanside episode isn't that they showed it, but that they bottled it and gave us nothing else. It's Scott Gimple's TWD slow aphyxiation technique.

You can work any side story into an episode if you mix other content in as well.

9. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I liked in in general, give it an 8 if for no other reason than the bruise on Sasha's forehead. Finally a TV head butt that follows the laws of physics.

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

9+. This was a solid episode with no weak spots that I noted while watching. Flipping back and forth from one story to another kept things moving. SMG's acting about acting was stellar. The Barnacle Walkers were a nice touch.

The only thing that kept this episode from being a 10 was the lack of a truly kick-ass moment.

And this episode was JarJar-free, too.

11. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Pros: Good. David is dead

Alright - Holly, David and Negan's dialouge from the comics. Nice

Damn! Cindy punched her grandma out.

I'm not a Tara fan. But, she wasn't half bad in this episode.

Those were some good looking walkers

I fu*king knew Rosita would be making traitor Dwight's introduction to TF instead of Zeke.

Cons: I don't buy TF taking Oceanside by force just to get their guns, when the Saviors already did that and worse. But, they'd cozy up to the Garbage gang. That whole take down was stupid

The dialouge this season is so bad

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

A solid 8. We saw saviors, we saw hilltop, and we saw Alexandria. How every episode should be paced.

Not sure about others but I never said those events shouldn't have happened, just that they should have been spread out into 5 scenes across 5 episodes instead of one dedicated episode. At least that way we'd remember everyones in Oceansides names at least, it'd have more of an impact over time.

13. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I gave it a 9.

It was a good episode, who sets a lot in motion. I'm pretty sure, the Oceansiders will join the fight, Cindy basically said, that she is working on convincing the others ('We need to get them all on our side').

The only thing, that left a bad feeling in my stomach is, that Sasha now has basically Hollys role and probably her fate - I really don't want to see that. If Sasha dies and Rosita survives that season, I'll riot.
    (I don't know how to do spoiler tags here, so I made the text white - please only click, if you know the comics)
    But apart from that, good episode with some solid acting. As creepy as the Sasha/Negan scenes were, I really liked Sonequa and Jeffrey there

#13 fylimar, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

10. I liked how they took Oceanside with loud noises and not actually hurting anyone. Very smart way to try to gain an ally, showing how tactically able they are.

I suspect killer grandma is tracking them and not laying in bed from being clobbered.

Sasha was just magnificent every moment. Tara was wonderful and funny.

I am so disappointed in Eugene, but that doesn't change what a complex and interesting character he is. Plus, since he turns out to be as variable as weather, I'm sure he will turn around again, not that people will ever be able to fully trust him if this Negan turn is wholehearted. I was hoping he was just being careful to maintain his loyalty to Negan in case he was being observed, but the actor claims Eugene really has given in. I guess I'm still waiting. He broke my heart with his wish that Sasha would stay alive with him.

I trust Dwight less than Eugene. It never made sense that he turned around after the sister-in-law died and went back to Negan. They were a stronger couple, more capable of traveling lightly and getting away at that point. I want to throttle him the way Daryl wants to get at him. But his presence does make their situation more unsettled and entertaining to think about.

Barnacle walkers were really gross.

15. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

It was one of the better episodes of the second half.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

It was good but could go no higher than a 8. I Always like it when many of the main group is shown and that they seemed to be moving at a good pace.
    But like what has been said they did left out too much. I mean at times minor thing I can see skimming over but events like Rosita and Dwight meeting, Sasha being captured and even how Daryl and the other hilltop came to find out about Oceanside.These things were worthy of air time. Especially since other episodes this season had much filler, why cram so much at the last 2 episodes and run out of time evidently to add them in. Then still, Carl, Daryl, Aaron and others have had their lines limited.
    TWD seems like since season 6 has had a balance or layout problem. Not sure what is up with that. Plus I also think they went too far in making Negan looking like he gave a s---- about a rape victim. Even though most characters have different sides, that seems a far stretch, considering what he has done.I think it was elaborated by him too much.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

7.5-8
    I was so relieved to see Sasha that I didn't care if she agreed to join the saviours as long as she didn't die.
    The assault on Oceanside was meh. I don't think the women would've have folded so easily. Only cyndie and her crazy granny seemed to have any lady nuts. But I'm not buying cyndie hitting her granny.
    Eugen,WTF?! I know his siding with negan is a survival technique but he looks a bit too comfortable.
    Somebody please give Rosita a slap because of her damn fool plan raped Davy nearly got hold of Sasha. I don't like that Rosita seems to have forgotten Sasha and she was able to go home safely to Alexandria it was stupid to bring Dwight back I just don't trust him.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

They should've saved the dynamite for the showdown with the saviours, they could've taken Oceanside without it but I get that the loud bangs disorientated the women and got things done quickly.