Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[716] Rate the Rest of your life!!

Discussion in 'Ep. 716 - The First Day of the Rest of Your Life' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 2, 2017.

?

Rate it or surrender your underpants.

1. 10

16 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Fresh start for the rest of its life.

25 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. 8

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. 7

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. I bet this doesn't live long.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. 2

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

If no one compares any of it to a TV show that has been off the air for 11 years, then i give it a 20.

3. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

Would have been an 8 out of 10, but it delivered what I have been hoping for all season. Badass Rick Scene and tiger mauling, so it goes to 9/10

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

That's how you end a season! I'll go with 9.4

5. alessio2010

alessio2010 New Member

i must say. When shiva jumped in it was hella crazy. I was so hyped. Oh and will season 8 be based on the comics ?

6. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I gave this episode a 9 1/2.

I love that this episode basically honored the three main characters who were killed this season, Glenn/Abe/Sasha. This episode felt like a tribute to them. Like the upcoming war was going to be fight not only for the living but for those who died in it. I love that.

I hate, HATE that Sasha died and I still think there was no reason for her death. That this death was force on her because the writers wanted the Holly death. With that said, I think the writers still did right by her in this episode. SMG acting was soo amazing. Giver a damn award already.

AL deserves an Emmy, at least an Emmy nom, he shows that in this episode. I love Rick in this episode.

Carl was awesome. Stepping up killing the GPK and everyone followed suit. I need to see more of this Carl next season. I need the writers to give me more Carl. SMH how he was treated in 7B. More Carl!!!!!!! Love him.

Loved Maggie! I always thought she was boring but in this episode, she was great. Lauren did a really good job acting in this episode. But where is Maggie's Belly?

Now, I took half a point from this episode because of Michonne's so called "fighting" scene. This wasn't a fight scene. This was basically the writers acting like Michonne doesn't know how to fight so that can get her ass beat for Rick's pain. That bothered me. I'm trying not to let it bother me too much as a Michonne fan but it does. I don't mind Michonne getting her ass best but the fact that writers acted like Michonne was actually like Andrea in the comic who didn't really know how to fact bothers me. This fight should have been different from the comic cause unlike comic Andrea, Michonne does know how to fight. We have seen her fight. So while Michonne still should have gotten her ass kick, the fight should have had more balance to it. Instead I felt like I was watching Michonne act out comic Andrea's fight. When it should have just been Michonne, the fighter, finally meeting someone who can take her own down, even while she was fighting back. So like I said, I'm trying not to let this fight bothers me but since it was the main and really the only thing Michonne did in the finale, in this episode, I can't help but focus on it.

Negan's War speech was Butchered.

I did like the Grimes 2.0 scene, mostly because of Carl crying for Michonne. Seeing Carl crying for Michonne was heartbreak and makes me love their relationship so much more, proving why they are first in my heart when it comes to relationship in this show.

All the actors did a good/great job acting in this episode. I could say so much more about this episode but I think already did.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

It's a 9.5!!!. So worth the wait. AOW actually got started in the finale! Sasha did her part for the group in her death. We saw the Saviors retreating!! No cliffhanger! Great finale.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Phantasm

Phantasm Member

poorest Season Finale EVER. :(

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

...and the because?

10. Goggles Pizano

Compared to the rest of the season, a 10.0

Judged solely on its own merit 8/10.

I liked all the scenes involving preparation, Maggie's speech, Sasha's sacrifice and the final battle. Super liked the junkyard betrayal. Didn't see that coming in a show that telegraphs much of its plot lines miles away. (Who didn't know the Calvary would arrive 'just in time' or that Sasha was going to kill herself.)

Not sure what I though about the whole Abraham thing. I know it was meant to be touching and emotional but left me wanting to fast forward the show. Maybe I'll change my mind with further reflection. Continuity errors like Ricks healing, and plot stupidity like Rick and Jada standing there as all hell breaks lose, or where was Daryl etc. When Rick was kneeling on the ground and just materialized when the Kingdom arrived are enough for me to drop it to a 8/10.

All in all, I thought it was very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. JFAN

JFAN Member

Gave it a 9. Maggie's tribute at the end really tied up the season. The only thing I didn't like was that Sasha didn't get to give Negan at least one small bite. The thought of Negan knowing that even any bite would doom him would have really suited me.

12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the finale. 7B was the best half season in about 2 years. Initially I didn't like the early episode stuff with Sasha but it all ended up paying off when we learned she was in a coffin. Started to not like Eugene in this episode, but it was in a good way. Liked the tension caused by his potential betrayal.

13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

On the TV side less Negan is more. JDM's Negan has become so annoying that he takes me right out of the show. It's like watching a SNL skit.

14. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

My favorite season finale of all time, without question. 10/10.

15. batongal

batongal Active Member

9.5 for me. Really liked how everything tied in from 701-716. I feel Sacha received the best send off of anyone in the history of the show. The writers did good by her. I also liked that we got to see a part of Abraham and what motivates him that was a nice touch.

16. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

10 - I thought it was awesome!

17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I gave it an 8. I deducted 2 points because some scenes cross-cut to another scene seconds before action was to happen. It was really annoying.

18. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

7+

For some reason I was not all that emotionally struck by Maggie's ending soliloquy. I think it's because the episode itself was more of a standard shoot-em-up and didn't have much in the way of dialogue before the fight scene.

I am reminded of Sam's ending soliloquy in The Two Towers. I'm just now starting to dissect why I love Sam's speech but not Maggie's.

Wow, that's a really good rating. I hope nobody does that and ruins it.

#18 westwingnut, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  19. Monster Voices

I give it a 9. Probably would have given it an 8, but the moment when Shiva showed up, followed by The kingdom and Maggie got me screaming so loud that my motehr came in to check if was alright haha . So +1 for evocing such a reaction.

• Like Like x 1
  20. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Well, I was way wrong on who would die (exception, Sasha...I knew she was going) but the episode itself was very good, imo. The only things I couldn't quite see as realistic was (a) Shiva not getting shot in the midst of the panicked, all-hell-breaks-loose melee (not that I wanted her to be killed...I'm glad she survived), and (b) the scene where a woman cries out and both Rick and Negan (and probably a few others) assumed it was Michonne dying. With all the confusion going on, and hundreds of people running around and caught up in trying to survive, how would anyone know who that was, or where it came from? Even though Rick knew Michonne's location, how on earth would he automatically assume it was Michonne? And even moreso, how/why would Negan think it was her? Didn't make much sense to me.
    That aside, I really enjoyed the episode. Good season ender.

*Forgot to say, I rated this an 8, though it could even be a 9.