Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

8-12 Promos and Sneak Peeks

Discussion in 'Episode 812 - The Key' started by Tony Davis, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

So glad this was posted.

People hold on to your hats and keep your skirts from blowing in the breeze what I am about to say will shock many of you.........

This is a great scene. Rick almost crying broke me. Okay here is the part where you might need to read twice.......

I actually liked Daryl during this scene AND.....WAIT FOR IT......I think NR did a nice job in delivering what had to be rather emotional for both of them (as actors)

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I can only think your following Jesus has tempered you this way
    Its a Zombie miracle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LMAO.....

I have no delusions about the miracle....I am fairly certain the warm and fuzzy feelings will be short lived

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    Go back and read Butt prints in the Sand for inspiration as needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I think 8b really is the turning point for Daryl. For a few reasons.

Daryl, whether people like it or not, is the face of the franchise as far as merchandise goes. Walk into the Woodbury store, go online, he is everywhere. I bought my dog a rope toy with squirrels on it for God's sake. Losing core characters, like Carl, means they need to keep as many of the core characters they have left. I believe, strongly, he will be the last man standing. Just as Beth predicted.

Having said that, they need people to get back that "if Daryl dies we riot" mentality. They need to make him who he was s2-s4.5. The loveable redneck. The guy who can be the biggest smartass, tough but caring. That's the character people fell in love with. Not this grunting mop we've had for a while and certainly not the hot head trying to best up Rick.

I think his turning point in the show was when Dwight killed Denise. He went rogue at that point. I think his turning back point was when Negan showed up at the gate and his plan didn't work. He was humbled and his first act was to save his group, his second act was to protect Judith.

It falls into my winged vest theory.

I really think the guy we've seen since 809 is that Daryl and he's back. Which can only mean good things for the show. Because if people like him again, the show will be better.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Hey, I am all for liking daryl again (because I did once upon a time). I love this show and not liking one of the "family" sometimes leaves a bitter taste

......but I reserve the right to be skeptical until proven otherwise. Hopefully your words will ring true and this was a step in the right direction

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, I'm skeptical also. I'm really curious to see how these characters deal with any decision regarding Negan, that Rick may or may not make.

Of course if they jump ahead a few years after this we'll skip all that.