Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[801] Rate it at your mercy!!

Discussion in 'Episode 801 - Mercy' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 20, 2017.

?

Rate it or date it.

1. 10

3 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Oh Mercy, what a ride!!

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  3. 8

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. 7

15 vote(s)
    26.3%
  5. 6

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. 5

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. 4

3 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. Put this episode out of its Mercy

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  9. 2

3 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I'm giving it an 8. Overall I thought this was a pretty solid episode. It picked up well from last season, and it had good pacing overall. They did a good job of showing their preparations for battle without dwelling too much on it. The plan they had was well thought out, and mostly believable.

There were some bad parts too. I'm very frequently not a fan of the hypothetical/flashback/flashforward kind of scenes that TWD uses a lot. The ones in this episode felt weird to me. They kind of interrupted the narrative flow and came across as confusing. It was kind of poor writing to put them all in a situation where Rick is standing there with an army pointing their rifles at Negan and his lieutenants, and not just opening fire. He was trying to end it without having to kill more people than was necessary, and I get that, but do they REALLY believe that Negan was just going to surrender to save his people? Hell no. Then when they finally do open fire, all of these people who can hit a walker between the eyes at 100 yards are seemingly turning into Stormtroopers who can't hit a wide open target that's right in front of them.

The bad parts were overshadowed by the good parts though in my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Yeah, it looks like Carl is trying to saving everybody just like he was when he, Rick, and Michonne were on the road.

I also felt embarrassed for JDM, spouting those half-backed Negan lines.

I was hoping last night's premiere would be the end of Gregory, but we'll have to put up with him for a while longer.

3. Arthur_B_Sobotnique

Arthur_B_Sobotnique New Member

I struggled through season 7, but decided to go ahead and give season 8 a chance at re-sparking my interest. This episode failed. Miserably. Until I hear that Judith turned into a walker and bit Carl with her tooth, I won't be tuning in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

What felt most disappointing was the fact that shows like TWD so rarely reach 100 episodes and yet... this was the 100th episode? It sure didn't feel like the much anticipated spectacle that I thought it would be.

Milestones aside, this was a good episode.. just disappointing I guess.

5. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

From what I remember from the comic book, the shot out windows were both an intimidation tactic and a way for walkers to enter the Sanctuary on the first floor - effectively giving team Rick to prepare for their next move since the some saviors are stuck.

I imagine we'll learn more of the plan in coming episodes, but maybe this was also a psychological tactic - as the Sanctuary inhabitants will now hear the ocean like roar of undead all day and night.

• Like Like x 2
  6. batongal

batongal Active Member

It's a sixer but mistakenly hit the 7 button. : i

7. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I gave it a 7 also.

It wasn't the worst episode I've ever watched, but also not the best episode. I expected a bit more to be honest..

8. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

I interpreted it that way as well. Rick and Company were obviously leading the walkers to Negan's headquarters. Negan has many minions. Not many of Negan's minions were outside during the confrontation. I suspect that was anticipated, so Rick and Company, shoot out the windows to weaken the defenses at Negan's headquarters. Doesn't seem like rocket science.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

an ok start to the season, i didn't have high expectations for this season due to how season 7 was the worst so far for me.
    Aside from the wasted opportunity to kill Negan as soon as he appeared i thought it was better than some had described. It certainly had lots of action and reminded me of how dull FTWD has become. Hope the coward Gregory gets it soon

10. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

It would take away the leadership of those very many ruthless well-armed vicious thugs...and with Negan out of the way, they'd not be able to stand up to a handful of decent poorly-trained wheat sorters and pumpkin planters and homebodies. Oh no, hang on, I mean 'with Negan gone, all the other Saviors would surrender at once (and nobody would say that was improbable on any forum anywhere)'. No, not that one either. I must have meant 'Try to save as many of your own people as you can by settling a war without a free-for-all firefight (see how Negan explained that for us?) and prevent the other Saviors from becoming the new Negan or even just all randomly wandering out being murderous bastards. Put an end to this by a display of power and not the exercise of it (someone's been reading Sun Tsu) and put the least number of increasingly precious lives at risk'. Yeah, that's the one.

Well actually he was the first to fire - luckily everyone else went with the plan (see above for the better plan than throwing lead at each other) and his leadership, because a wild shot during the negotiation would have done more harm than good. As to why he didn't hit him, by stepping into view of however many guns in order to draw attention to himself by getting a clear aim on Negan? Perhaps he didn't have any magic bullets that guarantee the shot hits the precise target and kills the subject instantly? Yeah, I'm going with that. Of course, they used up most of those on the walkers over the years - but you have no choice but to shoot at a walker. Taking a pot shot at Negan in that situation has consequences.

When the negotiation failed, Rick kept the initiative, and did open fire - but without making a target of himself.

It made all the sense.

Any of those windows might have hidden a Savior sniper. It was suppressing fire, designed to keep the defenders suppressed. Nobody was going to be shooting down at them from anywhere above their shield cars. Also, more noise for attracting walkers. But mostly the tactical reason.

11. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

This episode got a low rating in my opinion... I think the completely unneeded make out with Michonne was just put there for fan service. Can't they just imply that kind of shit? Do we really need 4k, super pours lip sucking.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  12. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Owww, burn. I'm sooo offended.

13. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

@Jen7 any reason you're giving negative ratings to people who didn't like the episode?

14. Taeyeon'sBF

No...we need 8k 3D IMAX.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I’m not, I’m giving negative ratings to rude comments about others who did like it. It’s unnecessary...we get it, you hated the episode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Taeyeon'sBF

fair enough.
    [​IMG]

17. Dulak

Dulak Member

I gave the episode a 7 - now this has to do with comparing it with other episodes in the recent past ie season 6 and 7.

One of my favorite episodes is episode 52 "No Sanctuary" - I rate this episode a 9.5. Great story and great plot and acting.

18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I gave it a 7. It was a lot better than last year's season opener, and sets up a lot of what's going to happen.

But there was a lot of silliness. Why wouldn't Rick's group just have shot Negan and his leads while they were standing on the steps, right there in front of them? Why shoot windows instead? Stupid.

And if having the priest locked up with Negan is part of a redemption arc for Negan, THEY HAVE LOST ME.

19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Yes, but they could easily have shot up Negan and company on the steps AND then shot out the windows so the walkers come for the rest. War over.

This is supposedly the genius plan?

20. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

And the bigot is back. You had 7 months to get over your Richonne aversion. Couldn't you have gone to counselling? Maybe skipped a white robed and pointy hat rally or two? Of all the things that got to you, it was Rick and Michonne kissing? LMAO at "that kind of shit". You havn't changed a bit. Good thing i'm still around too.

Hey @HondaS2kXD welcome back dude : )

#40 Apollonia, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 3