Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

802 - Praise & Positivity

Discussion in 'Episode 802 - The Damned' started by GrungeMan, Oct 28, 2017.

1. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Damned if you like, damned if you didn't

2. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Copied/pasted what I wrote on another TWD board...

I have to say I really enjoyed this episode. So much better than the premiere. This episode felt like TWD--the action, the characters, the feels...all of it. So...what I liked...

-The action - lots of Saviors vs. Hilltop/Alexandria/Kingdom

-Loved seeing Tara vs. Jesus - tension on the same side--especially the good side makes things more interesting, also Tara was great here as opposed to Season 6 and 7 where she didn't do a lot (save for the Oceanside, grieving for Denise).

-Great seeing another female Savior although she got killed -- I really miss Arat -- what happened to her?

-I have a feeling Morgan will die this season -- I thought he would get killed this episode. I liked his flashbacks of him and Rick--him remembering his passive self to now being aggressive and shooting to kill -- so that he survives. Morgan has come full circle.

-Although they have tiny parts, I felt worried for Eric and Tobin.

-I loved the scene with Rick vs. the Savior -- wow, what a fight! I was scared for Rick. I love how Rick came in and saw the baby and was badly shaken. It's like he didn't know if he killed the father of the baby, he was torn, confused.

-I enjoyed the interactions between Carol and Ezekiel. It seems Ezekiel is really growing on Carol. I love Ezekiel's positivity.

-Lastly...Morales...that was so awesome! I love that they brought him back--and as a Savior! I've read things about "if Shane didn't die, would he have turned out as a Savior?" Sadly, we'll never know, but it is what it is. I love that we finally have a loose end tied--whatever happened to Morales? I'd love to find out what happened to him, where's his family? What's going on? I love the exchange between Rick and Morales at the end, and I like that it would be someone Rick knew from his past that may be the person who captures him.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode and can't wait to see next week's!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I really like the action shown in multiple locations in this episode. They shocked me with Morales and the baby. I enjoyed Morgan going back to Clear again. Overall a really good episode.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Loved the Carol/Ezekiel moments, she's allowing his BS cos they got work to do.
    I fell in love with jerry all over again, I want a battle axe for Christmas.
    I was relieved to be spared anymore of Negan's speechifying, for this week at least.
    I was so glad that saviour woman who was being such a bitch at the beginning got bit, she deserved it.
    So it looks like there will be tension between Jesus and Morgan/Tara. Good. I wouldn't believe that there would be 100% consensus about the plan.

5. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

Shanefan: I think Arat managed to get inside the compound in last episode, so she should still be alive.

I liked the episode too, although I#m one of the few, who liked last weeks episode a bit more.
    The moments between Tara and Jesus and Ezekiel and Carol were especially great. That show has a lot of talented actors, who really deliver their scenes in the best ways possible. Rick and Gracie were another such example - Andrew Lincoln was heartbreaking there.
    Did I mention, that I like that woman with the bow from the Kingdom? She is one tough cookie - and bows are cool.
    I was a bit sad, that savior woman died, she was a promising character - I was hoping for her to surrender, instead of Bens murderer, but I guess, she wasn't the surrendering type.
    I'm worried for Eric and Tobin too, although I think, Tobin will be fine, he was only shot in the shoulder, if I saw correctly, but Erics wound looked really serious. Poor Aaron, I hope for his sake, that Eric survives (and I kind of like Eric).

• Like Like x 1
  6. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Any scene with Shiva is going to be a winner.

I thought this was a really good episode and while I am still very skeptic about how this will play out, I enjoyed the Morales twist and Rick killing Grace's father only to discover Grace really brought out Andrew Lincoln's acting ability. You can feel it was such a huge gut punch to Rick to realize what he had done in that moment.

Bonus point to Aaron for stepping up and being a leading that attack and for Eric's bravery.