Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[802] Rate The Damned 'The Damned'.

Discussion in 'Episode 802 - The Damned' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 28, 2017.

?

What number we got over here?

1. 10

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Well I'll be a golly geeknocker! Damned good show guvnah!

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. 8

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. 7

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. Turned off my damned TV and opened one-a them Julie Garwood novels!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It's time to rate it, I'll be damned.

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I went with 9

3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I give this episode a 9. Better than the premiere. A lot of action and shock value in this one.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8 -- I greatly enjoyed it!

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Okay. Episode 2 was a lot better than the premiere.

I liked the combat, but I hated Jesus' insistence on taking prisoners, especially when there were Saviors present who rightly deserved to die.

I wasn't surprised by seeing Morales again, maybe this show has jaded me. Its a stretch that Morales would go coincidentally go to Washington D.C. if he was blocked from going to Birmingham, Alabama.

But like I said, this was better than the premiere. I'll give it a 7.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Gave it a 7. Hell of a lot better than the premiere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Mine is really a 9.8

episode 8,8 plus extra point for finally an episode with more Jesus than the redneck

OH and tom payne and alanna masterson on talking dead are ADORBS

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cycles

cycles Member

8 for me.

The good:
    • The plan is unfolding but suffering setbacks
    • Jesus vs. Tara conflict
    • Andrew Lincoln's acting, particularly when he found that baby.

The bad:
    • Morgan invincibility. (At least he commented on it.)
    • Cheesy cliffhanger with Rick at gunpoint.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

The 2 of them were so funny :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Leeann

Leeann Member

I give it a 9. Best episode in a while.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

11. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

8. It was better than last weeks imo
    We had a jump scare, a moral/ethical dilemma, action, a death that wasn't a death (Morgan,) emotional moments (Rick and Gracie, Aaron and Eric, Tara worried about Morgan) and a freakin tiger. So I'm pretty happy.

• Like Like x 2
  12. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

First, the good. Way better than the premiere. The pacing was good. The in-fighting between Tara and Jesus was interesting and hinting at potential leadership conflicts between Maggie and Rick sound juicy. The return of Morales is kinda cool, maybe... I only remember he existed -- and that's it.

Now, the bad. For such an action heavy episode, it was shot very poorly. You know what's NOT exciting? Closeups of a character shooting a gun at a non specific target. There is absolutely no sense of space or scope of danger in most of those action sequences. How close is the enemy? How many are there? How are they positioned? I also wish Tara did gun down that "surrendering" Savior and that he really was just a conscripted worker. War is messy and difficult decisions get made. Speaking of Tara, that leads me to another issue.

Character consistency and plausibility. When in the hell did Tara become such a crack shot that she is suddenly an assault team leader? Similarly, Hilltop and most Alexandrians haven't faced real combat versus humans before. They should be scared shatless or at least fumbling rookies instead of moving around like they've been in special forces for ages. I don't even know where to begin with Morgan's constant extreme character swings.

The whole King Ezekiel character and his faux vernacular is really annoying. I guess it worked better in the comics, but it is impossible to take him seriously whenever he talks.

#12 No.Pantaloons, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  13. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I gave the episode an 8.

Definitely a marked improvement over the premiere and I enjoyed what I felt was a return to real tension and suspense albeit the fact that no major character was ever in any serious danger.

I really do not have much complaints, but rather a huge concern for how bringing back Morales will turn out.

If Morales is given a very poignant and dramatic scene with Rick and later killed off, then I could see his return as, at worst, simply a nod to the 8 years of fan speculation about his return and just a fun and innocent thing to do overall - BUT if Morales is actually going to be a reoccurring character throughout the season, then they need to be VERY careful as to how they handle this highly contrived coincidence which I think if done wrong only serves to undercut the credibility of the show in the long run.

I'm just worried that this "wow" moment is less about unveiling an unexpected twist and likely more about the new low the show is apparently comfortable with in trying to regain fan interest..

/rantover

14. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

I gave it 8, but only because I couldn't condone your dreadful faux-british nonsense (what is a 'geeknocker'? Does it have a hard G, because it would need one. Also, it's spelled 'guvner') :p

There was one 'No no no no no' moment when Rick (Rick!) suggest splitting the party (to go more quickly, but only now they're on the final floor and have the least amount of time left to save). Splitting the party?? This is not only a world with no zombie movies, it's a world with no AD&D apparently...

Better use might have been made of the dead Saviors at the shield-car attack - I thought for a moment it had been the plan all along ('Pin them down and wait') when the first one stirred, but that whole battle felt like a string of scenes with no clear connection or conviction - just battle cliches that needed to arrive at the writers' destination.

But the close-ups of the faces at beginning and end framed the episode beautifully. Already we see the changes wrought on individuals by war, the effect of the reality of their plans (and a reminder that no plan survives first contact with the enemy).

Lots of good internal conflict, the battle of ideas and ethics. Another baby! Why, the Saviors are just people after all... People who name their child Grace and not 'little ass kicker', even. Rick has done what he wanted to stop the Saviors doing - a child's father is dead. Meanwhile, Jesus is getting set up for his fight with Morgan, as the killer-turned-pacifist-turned-killer-again makes the very valid point that the Saviors need to die.

Also, a Shiva kill, which gives us a 7 as a baseline, surely?

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Reviews are looking better for this one. Still need to see it. Watched the neverending World Series game last night.

16. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

Tara was in training at the police academy in Atlanta before the "sh.. hit the fan"...as she put it. She's been shown several times to stand guard duty. I think they've just focused more on her hesitancy to really fight that those facts about her get lost. Plus, so many people hate her for some reason I just don't understand that they don't give her credit. She's not Sasha by any means, but she does know how to shoot a gun and follow orders. She's a good team player, and was a good choice to lead her group.

Paul, on the other hand, man, he should have just told Rick he wanted to sit it out if he didn't want to kill people. No one likes this, but this war is what had to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Another 9 from me. Good action, nice twists with the baby and return of Morales. As has been said, the conflict with Tara and Jesus. The "Maggie will listen to you, but Rick will listen to me" statement was interesting. Morgan lingering at the fence with the walkers was curious.

19. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Keeping it short and sweet since I'm at work LOL but I liked this much more than last week. A 9 from me. Happy to see Morales and how Rick deals with him, who is clearly Team Negan.

Didn't like Ezekiel acting like a clown (Carol seemed to pick up on this) and Jesus trying to be all high and mighty. It's gonna cost someone's life. There are a lot of Hilltoppers in his group aka potential redshirts. Already lost Andy and Freddie, who's next? Remember the scene in the trailer where Jared is breaking free from his restraints? What will happen?

Anyway good stuff :) RIP Francine, hope Aaron's group makes it out. Guessing Eric dies.

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I gave it a 10 because there was just so much goodness in this episode. It was full of action while still giving us more of those character complexities that we all love about TWD ;)

I did enjoy it a little more than the premiere, but I thought the premiere was an excellent setup for everything that is going on.

• Like Like x 2