Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[802] Rate The Damned 'The Damned'.

Discussion in 'Episode 802 - The Damned' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 28, 2017.

?

What number we got over here?

1. 10

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Well I'll be a golly geeknocker! Damned good show guvnah!

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. 8

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. 7

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. Turned off my damned TV and opened one-a them Julie Garwood novels!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

High praise indeed......

I went with 8.8 plus 1 more point for the Jesus moments

I am not a fan of the whole Morales thing but keeping an open mind that it will be handled somewhat believably and that he dies soon!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

9 out of 10. It lost 1 pt for morgan not killing that asshole savior.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Better then the last but not as good as some of the top episodes of FTWD.

Minuses was the stupid Morales throwback, stupid planning by Rick and Daryl, also their random guys did nothing in this scene, are they guarding the back door? Lots of Red Shirts or Red Shirt + (or what to call Francine, Eric and such) died, The King will get screwed for his confidence and Jesus was plain annoying. Oceanside will be needed and will join im sure.

Plus? Kings confidence, the tiger even if the CGI is bit meh, Morgan finally understanding, TARA showing some aggressiveness, this is the Tara I love, the one with a road trip to Vengeance. It was nice seeing their numbers was not as small as I thought.

But, Negan seemingly got spy satellites again if you watch the teaser. Also his numbers seems unlimited and even if he drove his people to war they are as prepared as a blind llama on a melting rock in a vulcano that fights a modern fighter jet. Is he t his stupid and confident or is it bad writing? Both works.

A 7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

This episode was all filler. Pretty boring. Gimpel said there was going to be a lot of excitement in the first several episodes. LOL.... No. Just because they are firing guns doesn't make it exciting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Yeah, another one of Gimple's bad habits is having a former episode be slow and boring, while the later episode is fast and violent.

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I liked it and would give it an 8.5.

7. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Good catch. I only remember her girlfriend having combat training and Tara's overall lack of involvement in Rick's usual "assault team" made me forgot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Much better action than ep1
    I wanted to slap the self righteousness right outta jesus' mouth

They shoulda shot everyone, Morgan knows they can come back and shoot you in the ass, Jesus will regret this idiot move.

This acton moved so quickly I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. Loved it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I rolled my eyes when Jesus argued with Tara about killing Saviors. And then Jesus stops Morgan from killing Jared, Benjamin's killer!

Oh, remember when Jesus went all ninja against the Saviors back in S6? What's with the sudden change of heart?

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I gave it a 9.

Much better than last weeks episode.

11. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

Gave it a 6 as a few things ruined it for me. Namely the gun fight at 5 yards, unlimited ammo and no one could hit a barn door no matter how many shots were fired. It just felt it was there to make up the minutes.
    Ezekiel,any scene with him in it just makes the storyline all the more unbelievable, i'll be happy to see the end of him and that woeful CGI tiger.
    Jesus, this is the man that enlisted Rick and co to do his fighting yet he's coming over all humanitarian, when did this happen? Tara, still haven't warmed to her character.
    Also what's with Morgan as the Terminator, can he not be killed by conventional weapons?
    Good points were Rick finding the baby, good acting from Andy L.
    The Morales interaction didn't bother me like some. I hope he doesn't become a major character in the show though but i'd be happy to hear more of how he ended up where he is.
    Overall an average episode.

#31 Zombiebaby, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The way they shot that scene when Morgan emerged after killing all those people and the other Saviors had surrendered, I really thought he was going to just open fire and slaughter everyone lined up.

I'd like to see more Carol/Morgan scenes than the pairing they have with her and Ezekiel. Both Carol and Morgan teeter on the extremes and they're also two of the better actors in the series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mell95

Mell95 Member

I gave it a 10 . i haven't watched it yet but read the recap and i feel it must be an amazing episode !!
    watching Daryl and Rick back together is amazing. Plus, i really love while the whole show evolves it also keeps its originality !

there's also a p.s coz this episode reminded me of that:
    "i'm still mad at morgan, coz he killed Richard. he could have been a great fighter in war with the saviors !! :mad:"

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Alrighty then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

His comment was a callback to season 3. When Rick, Michonne, and Carl found him back in King's County. He was ranting about everyone dying except for him. He sees that as a curse.

16. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I gave it an 8. I like the episode, despite not being a fan of too much action sequences in one episode. There were enough character moments to keep me happy too. Ezekiel was great as always, just love this character.
    Tara and Jesus fighting was a bit sudden and I hope, sparing those saviors doesn't come back to bite them in their backside (especially Benjamins murderer would have deserved death), but I probably wouldn't have shot people, who gave themselves up willingly, either.
    Rick and Gracie was a great scene.
    Although I wished, Rick and Daryl would have not split up: didn't they watch horror movies back in the old days? Or played rpgs maybe? You never split up the group :rolleyes:
    And yay for Shiva again

• Like Like x 1
  17. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

You were right about the scene with Rick and the baby. He's the father of a baby and he just killed the father of a baby. That's going to stick with him a long time.

It was painful to watch.

18. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

the show might last about one more season at this rate